News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 My view of the game

Author Topic: My view of the game  (Read 1569 times)

Nasha

• Regular First Team
  • Rocky
    • View Profile
My view of the game
« on: February 13, 2011, 02:10:35 AM »

We started the game ok, not looking dodgy at the back but also not looking not threatening when we went forward. Then the goal went in under circumstances which I would say 'wouldn't fall kindly fall us'. Except for Young heading over the bar,we didn't look like doing anything until the 2nd.A good strike,but one Dootson could had got to, though he got fingertips to it. Our goal was well worked,excellent intelligent play by Reeves laid it on for Baynes to drill it in.Then the ref decided he wanted to take centre stage.....

I will be fair,he wasn't the worst ref I have seen. Been every major decision-50/50 decision I think he got wrong. The pen was never a foul,everyone in the ground knew it wasn't (even the liner at the start of the 2nd half shrugged his shoulders as if to say 'I don't know why').But he gave it,and if the ref saw it as a foul in his eyes there was little option but red. The same liner, though not raising his flag at the time, pointed to the ref that a Kiddy player had elbowed Densmore (then stamped on him that led to his injury). Now surely if you elbow, it is a red card. Not a this refs eyes,it only warranted a yellow. I'm sorry, but in that situation to me it's either nothing or red, not yellow. And with Smiths red card (if we exclude the allegation), he deserved to go for petulance and the push on their player, who also  retaliated in the same way. In this circumstance, you would expect either a word to both players (remember this happened in the last piece of action of the game, so in effect would not affect the result), or you send both off.Instead we see Smith off and nothing to the Kiddy player, What rubbish.

At the end of the day, we lost 2-1 in a game in which I did not expect any points from. Play like we did today, particulary 2nd half, and we will get at least 4 points if not more from these next 3 home games.

COME ON ALTY!!!
'Life isn't fair.If is was,it would be called fair.But it's not.It's called life'

Tony Adams after Euro 96

Sheffield Harrier

Re: My view of the game
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2011, 08:50:01 AM »

You deserved at least a point given the second half chances you had.

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 My view of the game