News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Baynes on board for remainder of season

Author Topic: Baynes on board for remainder of season  (Read 4331 times)

Nonleaguer

« on: January 16, 2011, 12:15:01 PM »

According to Wrexham site, Baynes staying with Alty for rest of season, perhaps now his immediate future is secured he may actually live up to initial expectations!

bumble

Re: Baynes on board for remainder of season
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2011, 12:30:25 PM »

Good news

VofD

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2011, 01:49:45 PM »

According to Wrexham site, Baynes staying with Alty for rest of season, perhaps now his immediate future is secured he may actually live up to initial expectations!

Very much doubt it.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2011, 03:52:11 PM »

My impression of Baynes is, alas, that he doesn't seem to have the stomach/heart for scrapping things out in a team embroiled in a relegation battle.

However, I may yet consider sponsoring his gloves....

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

roytonmike

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2011, 04:35:25 PM »

My impression of Baynes is, alas, that he doesn't seem to have the stomach/heart for scrapping things out in a team embroiled in a relegation battle.
However, I may yet consider sponsoring his gloves....

Hate to worry you, Cult ... but he wasn't wearing them yesterday!

ALTYGAL

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2011, 05:19:38 PM »

i think it has to be good news. It's at least a potentially half decent player that now knows he's  with a team for a few months  so may just apply himself

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2011, 05:56:26 PM »

I've been looking on Wrexham's official site and I can't find anything about it.
Come on Alty!

Toppers

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2011, 06:02:09 PM »

not a strong player, but a clever player!

chesteralty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2011, 06:10:31 PM »

Hopefully with some supposedly easier defences against him at home, we should see what he's capable of.
No doubt he has the potential to help us shoot up the table, whether or not he will, let's hope!!

Nonleaguer

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2011, 07:00:55 PM »

Kevin Gall's Contract Cancelled
Posted on: Fri 14 Jan 2011
AFTER a frustrating period at the Racecourse, Welshman Kevin Gall has cancelled his contract by mutual consent and will be looking for opportunties elsewhere.

"We sat down and discussed things this morning and decided in the end to shake hands and go our separate ways," said manager Dean Saunders.

"When Kevin first arrived he was playing in the side, as I was looking at him to come in off the wing and contribute goals.

"I then changed the system a little and that, unfortunately, then left him out in the cold somewhat.

"At the moment he is not close to the first team, so the best thing for all concerned looks like a fresh start for the lad.

"He joined in with training this morning and we have parted company on good terms, we all wish him well with his next club."

Now 28, Kevin started out as a youth player with Cardiff City and Newcastle United, before making his debut with Bristol Rovers and then moving onto Yeovil Town.

In his career to date, he has played 341 times and scored 48 goals, in addition to eight appearances for Wales as an U21.

"It hasn't quite worked out the way any of us would have hoped, but I have still enjoyed my time at Wrexham," said Kevin.

"There are a good group of players here who, I'm sure, will go on and do well for the club.

"The people behind the scenes have also been decent to me, so I'll take away a number of good memories.

"I have one or two things on the go, both up here and back in south Wales, so we'll just have to see where they take me."

Kevin signed in the summer after spending last season with Darlington and York City, the Merthyr-born played in five games for Wrexham early on this season, but has not featured since the home draw with York in mid-September.

Everyone at the Racecourse wishes Kevin well in his future career.

Meanwhile, Christian Smith has joined Barrow on a month's loan and will be available to face Kidderminster Harriers at Holker Street tomorrow.

Our other player out on loan, Wes Baynes, has agreed to remain with Altrincham for the rest of the season and his contract with the Robins will be extended accordingly.

Advertisement

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2011, 07:07:02 PM »

Thanks for that, I must have overlooked it!   :)
Come on Alty!
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team