News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Maybe a bit of good news

Author Topic: Maybe a bit of good news  (Read 3780 times)

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Maybe a bit of good news
« on: January 12, 2011, 02:56:11 PM »

I have put in bold some great words

REJUVENATED Altrincham have been given a massive boost - after on-loan defender Carl Piergianni set his sights on an earlier-than-expected return from injury in Saturday's FA Trophy second-round tie at Blyth Spartans.

It was feared the 18-year-old from Peterborough United may have suffered ligament damage, and could be out for several weeks, following a painful introduction to life at Moss Lane in the goalless draw with Wrexham on New Year's Day.

But he was given the all-clear, after returning to Peterborough for treatment, and is hoping to be passed fit for Saturday, as he bids to build on a highly-impressive debut.

“Carl picked up knocks to his ankle and knee, but he is coming along fine,” said manager Ken KcKenna, who will also make late fitness checks on Chris Denham, Kevin Holsgrove, Sam Hewson and Nicky Clee.

“He is a brave lad. You could see he was in pain, but he would not come off. We gave him the chance, but he insisted on staying on.

“He is a good lad, too, because even though he had no chance of playing at Rushden on Saturday, he wanted to come along and be part of things. He was in the dressing room, supporting the lads, and it was appreciated. That's the sort of person you want, when you're in a battle.”
McKenna saluted a spectacular recent revival in Alty's fortunes, after drawing with Wrexham and then winning at Mansfield and Rushden, but warned his players not to take their foot off the gas.

Speaking moments after an unexpectedly difficult 4-3 extra-time win at Runcorn in the Cheshire Senior Cup, the Alty boss said: “It was a good performance and excellent result at Rushden, especially the way we came back from a goal down, but there is a lesson for us to heed from tonight.

“We defended poorly, and it just showed you can't afford to switch off for a moment, no matter who you are up against. If we defend like that in the Conference, we'll get six put past us, never mind three. If we are to build on recent results, we need virtually every player at it, from start to finish.”

Loan duo Andrew Milne (Barrow) and Matt Somner (Mansfield) have returned to their clubs.

@AltyDaz

markecky

Re: Maybe a bit of good news
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2011, 03:16:29 PM »

Quite right Darren.

Thats great news on two levels.

One that he might play Saturday

And two that he came when injured...there was a million excuses as to why he didnt have to come.

Imagine if we got another Ryan Shotton...

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2011, 03:21:03 PM »

Great news and what a good effort by Carl...
Its people with the attitude that he has shown  that will get us up this league come the end of the season

Good Effort

Also good luck to Milne and Somner who have now finished there loan spell ... Thanks for your contributions...

Onwards and DEFINITELY Upwards

Cmon The ALTY.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 03:25:06 PM by distancetraveller »

ArmchairAlty

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2011, 03:32:09 PM »

It sounds like he has a first class attitude, great news and a big boost for us before Saturday.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2011, 06:42:12 PM »

Great attitude, just the sort of person we want at Altrincham FC.

Delighted that he could be fit for Saturday as well!
Come on Alty!

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2011, 06:52:21 PM »

Somner is a big loss in my opinion
Bernard Taylors barmy army

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2011, 06:56:15 PM »

Sadly, given that Mansfield are doing so badly of late, I doubt we've got much chance of Somner returning either. Would be good if we could sort something out though.

Surely the loss of Milne and Somner will now free up funds for replacements?
Come on Alty!

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2011, 07:01:00 PM »

What a great attitude to have. If he didn't travel no one would have batted an eye lid but by coming and showing his commitment and desire to the cause he has shown what a great person he is.

Great Attitude, Good Player = Potential to go on to big things.

VERY HAPPY to have this sort of player associated with Altrincham FC

taxi Phil

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2011, 08:42:23 PM »

What a great attitude to have. If he didn't travel no one would have batted an eye lid but by coming and showing his commitment and desire to the cause he has shown what a great person he is.

Great Attitude, Good Player = Potential to go on to big things.

VERY HAPPY to have this sort of player associated with Altrincham FC

Totally agree Gaz. This lad's potential and attitude have really raised my hopes.

Dougals Dad

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2011, 10:39:13 PM »

Extra loud cheer when/if his name's called on Sat

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2011, 01:03:11 AM »

Sadly, given that Mansfield are doing so badly of late, I doubt we've got much chance of Somner returning either. Would be good if we could sort something out though.

Surely the loss of Milne and Somner will now free up funds for replacements?

My understanding from talking to the Mansfield press guys last week is that Matt Somner is not wanted there.I believe he lives in London, therefore I don't think continuing to play for Alty was a very realistic option.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2011, 09:42:28 PM »

Thanks to Matt Somner for putting in a decent shift (bar Curzon away) while he was here. Not an easy time and a couple of decent performances (Fleetwood, Wrexham). And thanks for commuting so much and putting in the effort.

Players commuting a long way very raely works out, it's ok with the odd one or two but it's not generally a great idea.

What the hell Northwich were thinking of with Steve King and all his southern players I still have absolutely no idea!

York Alty

« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2011, 09:47:56 PM »

What the hell Northwich were thinking of with Steve King and all his southern players I still have absolutely no idea!

I'd forgotten all about the nonsense!  I suppose nonsense at northwich all gets merged together.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Maybe a bit of good news