News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 A big 4 weeks ahead

Author Topic: A big 4 weeks ahead  (Read 3526 times)

Nasha

• Regular First Team
  • Rocky
    • View Profile
A big 4 weeks ahead
« on: January 16, 2011, 05:44:58 PM »

As disappointing and poor yesterday was,we need to put it to bed and concentrate on 'the bread and butter'. We have reached make or break point of our season,and the next few weeks will see us hopefully out of the bottom 4 and staying there.

Tue.18.1.11    A    Tamworth (won the corresponding fixture last season)
    Sat.22.1.11    H    BATH CITY (gained a hard earned point away,no reason why can't win at home)                   
    Tue.25.1.11    H    HAYES & YEADING UNITED (won the corresponding fixture last season,and would be our first double this season)                  
    Sat.29.1.11    A    Barrow  (won the corresponding fixture last season)                  
    Tue.1.2.11    A    Wrexham (hard earned point earned last season,again,no reason why we can't again)   
    Sat.5.2.11    H    SOUTHPORT (won the last league fixture at Moss Lane,we are a different side to the one that was at Haig Avenue,as are Southport by the looks of it)               
    Sat.12.2.11    A    Kidderminster Harriers (this one is difficult,as it is our bogie ground.But the food there is fantastic)
    Tues.15.2.11    H    HISTON    (won the corresponding fixture last season)
    Sat.19.2.11    H    KETTERING TOWN (a club sliding down the table,I think will be very much in the relegation mix up by this game)

We need as many people as we can at the aways to cheer the lads on. If you have any chance of going Tamworth,I say just go.Book on the coach tomorrow. We are in a much healthier position than we were a month ago,and we can do it!!
'Life isn't fair.If is was,it would be called fair.But it's not.It's called life'

Tony Adams after Euro 96

Dougals Dad

Re: A big 4 weeks ahead
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2011, 05:52:12 PM »

I'd be well chuffed with 15 points from this.

York Alty

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2011, 06:02:14 PM »

Very good post Nasha.  Time for Lions, nor mice.

Get the f8ck in there Alty and win these.

bumble

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2011, 06:02:39 PM »

But the food there is fantastic - Good to know ;)

Minimum of 12 - 15-18 would be ideal - wining home games (+drawing 3 away games)

Toppers

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2011, 06:03:48 PM »

by the end of the month we mite know where are future lies.

bumble

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2011, 07:44:27 PM »

we said at the start of January, it would be on of the biggest month for the club in a few years

Difference between a good and bad january will not end our survival bid, but give us a good inclination of whether staying up is realistic or not

taxi Phil

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2011, 08:15:54 PM »

I reckon we could get as much as 13 points from those games - and that should get us out of the bottom four with average luck.

John W

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2011, 09:18:25 PM »

I think 11 points could be achievable from these games.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2011, 09:27:56 PM »

I don't really like saying things like this, but looking at the games mentioned I would honeslty be disappointed to take less than 12 points from the home games alone. If we survive (which I think we will) we'll most likely finish above Histon, Hayes and Southport. We can go a long way to ensuring that happens and it's all in our own hands. Who would have thought we'd be able to say that back in September?

These are real important 6 pointers in most cases and we must be on our mettle!
Come on Alty!
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 A big 4 weeks ahead