News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Lawton & Reeves

Author Topic: Lawton & Reeves  (Read 3336 times)

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Lawton & Reeves
« on: December 15, 2010, 06:29:45 PM »

Injured?

Unavailable?

Ostracised?

Christmas shopping?

Any clues...?

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

ASMO

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • oxfords barbers
Re: Lawton & Reeves
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2010, 06:30:57 PM »

u just beat me to it

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2010, 06:37:24 PM »

I was asking this question last night. If there was no room for the club captain and our top scorer in last night's team can we assume that their services are no longer required?

At the end of the day the team got the job done last night and you can't ask for much more under the circumstances. However, it would be interesting to know why certain players seem to have fallen completely off the radar.
Come on Alty!

fuertes

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2010, 06:49:18 PM »

I think we're jumping to whacky conclusions. Maybe they have knocks, maybe they're ill, maybe Kenny sees the league as priority and decided not to risk them?

I can't believe they're about to be shipped out.

Butty

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2010, 06:51:58 PM »

I was asking this question last night. If there was no room for the club captain and our top scorer in last night's team can we assume that their services are no longer required?

At the end of the day the team got the job done last night and you can't ask for much more under the circumstances. However, it would be interesting to know why certain players seem to have fallen completely off the radar.

Can't ask for much more? The mimimum I was looking for when I saw this draw (albeit slightly complacently) was a 4-0 win- last night was abseloutely shocking and we are lucky to have even scraped a 1-0 win.

bighairedmike

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2010, 06:57:35 PM »

Can't ask for much more? The mimimum I was looking for when I saw this draw (albeit slightly complacently) was a 4-0 win- last night was abseloutely shocking and we are lucky to have even scraped a 1-0 win.

Thought we scraped a 2-0 win...?

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2010, 07:20:16 PM »

I said "under the circumstances". We are absolutely sh*te at the moment, so to get a second bite at the cherry and win (however bad the performance) was good under the circumstances.
Come on Alty!

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2010, 07:23:00 PM »

I think we're jumping to whacky conclusions. Maybe they have knocks, maybe they're ill, maybe Kenny sees the league as priority and decided not to risk them?

I can't believe they're about to be shipped out.

We're not jumping to whacky conclusions, we're merely asking the question as to why they haven't featured. In my view, if they are fit and available for selection, there is no logical reason why they shouldn't have played.
Come on Alty!

bighairedmike

« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2010, 07:30:19 PM »

Just a little bit of clarification from the club as to why they havent been included would be nice. Or even if they were just carrying knocks and when we should expect to see them back around the first team...

Butty

« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2010, 09:54:10 PM »

Whoops, meant would have been

Thought we scraped a 2-0 win...?

fuertes

« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2010, 10:11:45 AM »

We're not jumping to whacky conclusions, we're merely asking the question as to why they haven't featured. In my view, if they are fit and available for selection, there is no logical reason why they shouldn't have played.

"Ostracised?"

"...can we assume that their services are no longer required?"

Seems a wee bit like jumping the gun to me...

andrewflynn

« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2010, 11:13:54 AM »

Both players would be in my starting eleven for definite.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2010, 11:57:56 AM »

"Ostracised?"

"...can we assume that their services are no longer required?"

Seems a wee bit like jumping the gun to me...

I wasn't jumping the gun at all, I was asking a fairly reasonable question in my opinion.

If the team is scoring too few goals yet our top scorer is unable to even get on the bench (despite apparently being fit and available for selection) what conclusion would you draw from that? It appears that inferior players are being chosen ahead of him and that is something I cannot understand.

Maybe there is a simple and innocent explanation, it would just be nice to know.

« Last Edit: December 16, 2010, 12:17:23 PM by ALTY 1981 »
Come on Alty!
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Lawton & Reeves