Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 All time most tedious selection of forum topics?
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: All time most tedious selection of forum topics?  (Read 6188 times)

Narcissist

Re: All time most tedious selection of forum topics?
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2010, 07:35:06 AM »

do u have to swear are u angry love?
If its a stupid post why do most countries without undersoiled heating do exactly this?
i think it would be good for the non league game to not have every game postponed as that is worse than seeing your team beat every week imo,its bordering farcical to set up fixtures knowing they will be called off, i would have a month around mid dec to mid jan,
 OGC i actually feel sorry for your ignorance and stubborness but im sure another month of postponements this year might make u see the light one day

Right, nice one, thanks for your sympathies. Still swerving the main point which is in what sense does not having a winter break mean there's not much going on at the moment?

We can have all the games between now and feb postponed but unless someone proposes something logistically feasible I disagree. Jacko posts rubbish on here all the time which is provocative a la ATS so no point being surprised if people bite back. There's nothing else to do right now, what with no winter break....

Jacko

« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2010, 10:00:41 AM »

I just think we need to sort it out ogc, I'm not saying I know the answer but it does get people down seeing p-p on are game when others are playing three games a week its a shame, by the way I won £130 on a lille,lyon,toulouse treble this weekend, why is the French league good to bet on?!!!!

MadFrankie

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2010, 10:27:01 AM »

Seeing as snow can occur any time from late November to February, a winter break is unworkable unless it's 3 months long - clearly no-one would want this.
I think we can all deal with the occasional game being called off due to the weather. It's unfortunate when Boxing Day/New Year's Day games are affected by the weather, but it hardly happens ever year does it.
Any solution such as summer football would require the whole of English football to changeover, which is never going to happen is it.

Anyway, freezing your nuts off at a Senior Cup game at Cheadle Town on a Tuesday night in January is character forming.
Is this the way to Mickleover
I'd rather go there than Dover

Butty

« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2010, 09:16:44 PM »

I know this may sound ridiculous but here I go. Why not have a flexible break- so, say for November, December, January and February, scheduale 3 months of football- so that when the weather sets in (and looks like itll stay) we can take an impromptu break. Back to the argument, I'd like to see a winter break, even if it was for just one season to see whether or not it is practical.

York Alty

« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2010, 08:20:32 PM »

I know this may sound ridiculous but here I go. Why not have a flexible break- so, say for November, December, January and February, scheduale 3 months of football- so that when the weather sets in (and looks like itll stay) we can take an impromptu break. Back to the argument, I'd like to see a winter break, even if it was for just one season to see whether or not it is practical.

which season are you going to choose then?

how about next seaons - we may get a damp mild winter rendering the experiment null 'n void. plus the idea of a flexible break, Club A selss 35000 tickets for a game that may or may not be played at the time stated.  Would you buy it not knowing when the fixture is even scheduled to be played?  no.  course not.  bang goes the cash flow for 4 months.

sorry. no

Jacko

« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2010, 08:40:29 PM »

exactly, and I don't see peoples point about losing money as our gates our bad when its cold anyway so we will gain if its played in a warmer climate

taxi Phil

« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2010, 09:21:42 PM »

The reason your argument makes no sense is because there will be games on in the next few weeks, there is every chance out trophy game will be played.

In fact a conference game is being played right now.

Bet it ain't at Gateshead.....

Butty

« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2010, 10:59:48 PM »

The reason your argument makes no sense is because there will be games on in the next few weeks, there is every chance out trophy game will be played.

Well we've just had a few weeks off- we could have had a (short notice) schedualed break then- it leaves a level playing field for all as apposed to a few teams playing here or there. Most fans make a decision to go to a game based on the weather- if it's fairly cold (but the pitch is barely playable) a break may make some sense as itd be better to get 1000 fans a month later (when its above freexing) than on the night, which may attract around 600 fans.

Jacko

« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2010, 11:05:34 PM »

in front of 190 fans

RockyRobin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2010, 08:13:25 AM »

Seeing as snow can occur any time from late November to February, a winter break is unworkable unless it's 3 months long - clearly no-one would want this.
I think we can all deal with the occasional game being called off due to the weather. It's unfortunate when Boxing Day/New Year's Day games are affected by the weather, but it hardly happens ever year does it.
Any solution such as summer football would require the whole of English football to changeover, which is never going to happen is it.

Anyway, freezing your nuts off at a Senior Cup game at Cheadle Town on a Tuesday night in January is character forming.

Quite but driving up from that London for a home fixture against Runcorn only for a two foot numptie to call it off 10 minutes before KO is not!
Bought and Brought are two different words with completely different meanings

william122

« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2010, 05:24:58 PM »

denis law always had a winter break he never played over christmas and new year he always made sure he was suspended thats the way to do it lol :D

John Crewe

« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2010, 07:13:38 PM »

if we had a winter break it could only be for 3 or 4 weeks and it would have to be in january as that is usually the coldest month. we would have to play the fa trophy in mid week earlier in the season so not a good idea. also as we have now what if the weather is bad in december and games called off then weather is fine in januray but no games due to winter break? fixture pile up would not work. of course u could start the season earlier and finish it later but that would hit part time teams in the pocket as you would have to pay players for a much longer season part of which they were doing nowt!

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2010, 10:55:48 AM »

Interesting article here...

http://www.footballeconomy.com/content/weather-outlook-worries-clubs

Very good website too, plenty of revealing news and stats.
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 All time most tedious selection of forum topics?