Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 All time most tedious selection of forum topics?
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: All time most tedious selection of forum topics?  (Read 6187 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: December 05, 2010, 10:02:59 AM »

Now

Jacko

Re: All time most tedious selection of forum topics?
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2010, 04:51:19 PM »

Lol,its each to there own especially now theres nothing going on because stubborn non league football hasn't got the brains to evolve and have a winter break,   I actually think the match prediction thread is tedious tbh

george

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2010, 05:02:51 PM »

Winter breaks in this country won't work. When do you select which month. General opinion would be December or January time. However, our weather is so unpredictable, when the non league games are going to be hit.

Narcissist

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2010, 05:15:08 PM »

Lol,its each to there own especially now theres nothing going on because stubborn non league football hasn't got the brains to evolve and have a winter break,   I actually think the match prediction thread is tedious tbh

A winter break in last week nov/early dec? And if we were to take up that crap idea why would we have anything more going on?

Another f**king stupid post. I hope we start winning games left right and centre soon if not just to stop me having to read all the tripe that comes when we don't!

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2010, 05:22:07 PM »

Agreed about a winter break being unworkable. What would happen to the FA Cup and FA Trophy?  The FA Cup 3rd round is probably the single biggest potential money spinner for any non-league club. and a winter break would kill it off.  Same too for the lucrative Boxing Day and New Years Day matches.  Also you'd have to reduce the number of teams in a league so there's less income throughout the season.  There's always a risk of games being off during winter but effectively scrapping them anyway doesn't make sense.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2010, 05:23:55 PM by Bob »

Jacko

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2010, 07:03:02 PM »

A winter break in last week nov/early dec? And if we were to take up that crap idea why would we have anything more going on?

Another f**king stupid post. I hope we start winning games left right and centre soon if not just to stop me having to read all the tripe that comes when we don't!
another f**king stubborn old fashioned post,u obviously want fixture pile ups  for non league sides like us, enjoy watching postponed on the vidi printer do u?

Jacko

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2010, 07:18:47 PM »

I'm sorry but in this day and age where games are getting called off all the time because of access to the ground what chance have we got? And lucrative winter matches are a thing of the past for us

Jacko

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2010, 07:43:56 PM »

I'm not Michael fish but does it not seem obvious that Dec-Jan are normally the most weathered so a sneaky break might do us a favour, because u don't get as many fans coming to matches when its cold did u know ;)
« Last Edit: December 05, 2010, 07:45:48 PM by Jacko »

York Alty

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2010, 08:07:08 PM »

I'm not Michael fish but does it not seem obvious that Dec-Jan are normally the most weathered so a sneaky break might do us a favour, because u don't get as many fans coming to matches when its cold did u know ;)

depends if its FA Cup 3rd round day, boxing day or a derbyt fixture.

this the MOST BORING topic ever - it's a duff idea.

Jacko

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2010, 08:07:39 PM »

thing is you're saying that but our games were called off in November!
Exactly!!! So how many are we gonna see this month its gonna be worse, evolve.com

Narcissist

« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2010, 08:15:40 PM »

another f**king stubborn old fashioned post,u obviously want fixture pile ups  for non league sides like us, enjoy watching postponed on the vidi printer do u?

A couple of things Jacko, first off you said that nothings going on because there isnt a winter break. What would be going on if there was? Nothing.

So it was a f**king stupid post.

Secondly, as pointed out this happened in November and the beginning of december. February might also have to be considered, why dont we just go summer season and clash with cricket and holidays, a nation of part-time footballers would love that. Or we skip dec-jan and play 2 games a week all season to keep summer, that will help our players wont it?

A winter break would be 3 weeks max like here in France, so it doesnt upset the summer break, where fans go on holiday. To suggest that a 2-3 week break should commence in the first week of december and then start again at xmas is ludicrous.

So, either way it was a stupid f**king post.

Im not a dinosaur, im all for a winter break for the prem and championship where players have other playing commitments every other summer and through the season, it would bring more fans through our gates in the festive matches. If you believe that xmas doesnt bring in bumper crowds when the matches are on then I disagree.

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2010, 08:20:01 PM »

Suppose we have our winter break and we're sitting at home on Boxing Day with Moss Lane empty and unused even though a match may have been playable anyway...

Last winter was a poor one but there was no pile up, better to have postponed games that we'll still play than no games at all.

Winter break means less games in a season meaning less total crowds, less sponsors, less bar takings, a decimated FA cup, less chance to sell Xmas draw tickets, less reason to talk about the club and more bizarre postings about smelly farts... ;)

The only benefit from a winter break is for the top clubs so the players don't supposedly burn out. But for a club like Alty it would be financial suicide.

Jacko

« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2010, 08:27:11 PM »

A couple of things Jacko, first off you said that nothings going on because there isnt a winter break. What would be going on if there was? Nothing.

So it was a f**king stupid post.

Secondly, as pointed out this happened in November and the beginning of december. February might also have to be considered, why dont we just go summer season and clash with cricket and holidays, a nation of part-time footballers would love that. Or we skip dec-jan and play 2 games a week all season to keep summer, that will help our players wont it?

A winter break would be 3 weeks max like here in France, so it doesnt upset the summer break, where fans go on holiday. To suggest that a 2-3 week break should commence in the first week of december and then start again at xmas is ludicrous.

So, either way it was a stupid f**king post.

Im not a dinosaur, im all for a winter break for the prem and championship where players have other playing commitments every other summer and through the season, it would bring more fans through our gates in the festive matches. If you believe that xmas doesnt bring in bumper crowds when the matches are on then I disagree.
I think the fact that u have mentioned clashing with cricket means i have won this one, i said jan to dec, dependent on when the frost sets in, look i really dont think were gonna see much football again untill mid jan so i dont get how im wrong?

Narcissist

« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2010, 09:37:46 PM »

You didn't say jan-dec tho did you? And I'm not sure what difference it makes anyway. Taking those 2 months out of the season will make football clash with major cricket in summer. Alty don't need another rival to compete with for fans, that was my point you missed by a country mile.

So basically, if it makes you happy then yes you've won this one. What you have won I'm not sure other than proving your f**king clueless and post some of the most idiotic diatribe suffered on this forum.

Just an addition too, if we take dec-jan out (or even better jan to dec) of the season and then lose February to frost in a world cup year, what would you suggest?

Jacko

« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2010, 09:51:36 PM »

do u have to swear are u angry love?
If its a stupid post why do most countries without undersoiled heating do exactly this?
i think it would be good for the non league game to not have every game postponed as that is worse than seeing your team beat every week imo,its bordering farcical to set up fixtures knowing they will be called off, i would have a month around mid dec to mid jan,
 OGC i actually feel sorry for your ignorance and stubborness but im sure another month of postponements this year might make u see the light one day
« Last Edit: December 05, 2010, 09:54:55 PM by Jacko »
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team