PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Today's match thread
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11

Author Topic: Today's match thread  (Read 43432 times)

wonderstuff

Re: Today's match thread
« Reply #135 on: November 28, 2010, 07:26:43 AM »

After speaking to VofD about the drawbacks of going into the BS North such as finding results and away match reports, playing teams like Blyth Spartans (sounds like a geeky American football team) and Eastwood town (where, who, what?) and the drop in gate receipts then I really do hope Alty stay up. I really do. I don't get to as many games as I would like due to new baby, but when I do make it, I love it and I always enter the ground full of optimism, but, even though I know the next few weeks are crucial and Alty are still masters of their own destiny, I'm starting to consider the possibility of 'positives' from going down. I don't for one minute think Alty should just give up, nor are they punching above their weight, but going down (IF it happens) should be a time to re-think and re-build.
Alty is struggling as a part time team in a full time league. I'm amazed at how many teams have come into money and think they can sustain full time status, and that fact pisses me off: Gateshead bank rolling full time status on poor gate receipts (their time will come). Altrincham going down will take off some of the pressure, and given enough time to re-think and re-build and with the hope the fans numbers don't drop too much, there is a chance they could bounce straight back up into the BS premier ready to kick anyone's arse.
But even as I write this I'm getting pissed off with the news that even teams below the BS North are spending big money on players.
I hope I don't come across as being negative and full of doom. I don't feel that way. I'm just preparing for all possibilities........and by staying positive (even about going down) will hopefully take the wind out of any opinion posted by that knob sock from Northwich.

taxi Phil

« Reply #136 on: November 28, 2010, 10:25:38 AM »

Culture note : Eastwood is a former mining town in Nottinghamshire, and is best known as the birthplace of the 20th.Century novelist D.H.Lawrence (Lady Chatterley's Lover, Sons and Lovers, etc.)

And which particular Northwich knobsock are you speaking of ? Personally, I can't tell 'em apart !

Good post though, and I too dread the visits to places like Workington on a freezing cold night, but we're going to have to improve massively if it's to be avoided.

Jacko

« Reply #137 on: November 28, 2010, 10:30:02 AM »

You can blame gh you can blame km you can even blame the players, but the sad truth is to sustain are status in the bsp over the period we have with the limited funds weve had has been a miracle,

On my wallpaper is a picture of last seasons team which I will never change they were a privilege to support, now let's get this over with and give droylesden a good hiding so I can give liam brownhill some sh*t 8)

taxi Phil

« Reply #138 on: November 28, 2010, 10:36:59 AM »

I'd really LOVE to see Chris Denham turn Liam Brownhill inside out !

Jacko

« Reply #139 on: November 28, 2010, 10:40:03 AM »

that's the spirit!!!

VofD

« Reply #140 on: November 28, 2010, 10:43:32 AM »

that's the spirit!!!
;D ;D ;D ;D

taxi Phil

« Reply #141 on: November 28, 2010, 11:22:05 AM »

that's the spirit!!!
;D ;D ;D ;D
Although it's not quite worth getting relegated for !

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: November 28, 2010, 01:56:08 PM »

Well that was feeble. Anyone who thinks that we are one or two players away from being a decent Conference side is deluding themselves as on that evidence we are miles away. A few observations about yesterday:

- James Smith, the best defender at the club by a distance, cut a deeply frustrated figure and did his best to get himself sent off. We need him to get his head right.
- Andrew Milne, who started his loan spell well, seems to have let his head drop - always a danger with loan players.
- Ryan Brown is not good enough at this level but then we've known that for a while.
- We need to play three in central midfield. Densmore and Somner were hopelessly overrun in there. As others have mentioned, why Danylyk is languishing on the bench at present is a total mystery to me.
- Sean Densmore should be relieved of penalty duties for now, as his confidence is shot and he seems very easy for keepers to read. The pen at Crawley wasn't a terrible one but yesterday's was.
- Nicky Clee is our best attacking threat and should be in the team every time.
- I hope that KM is the right man for the job and I still support him. But the tactics at the moment are indistinguishable from those of GH that weren't working and caused such frustration among many of us fans.

I can't see us staying up at the moment but if we're to have any chance, we need to get the best out of the limited playing resources we have. I'd be tempted to try a 4-3-3 with:

Coburn
Densmore, Smith, Williams, Joseph
Danylyk, Somner, Baynes (or Hewson if he can get himself fit)
Denham, Twiss, Clee

Yesterday was a terrible one for the club. Players, management and fans all seemed to lack the heart to keep fighting the fight we've been engaged in ever since we got promoted to this league. As Rocky said, it was all very flat and if that doesn't change soon, what little hope remains will be extinguished.

Dougals Dad

« Reply #143 on: November 28, 2010, 02:20:36 PM »

Well what a cracking days football that was, we are still routed to the foot of the table  :'( and can't score a penalty >:( and earlier this week I paid a points penalty to drop Berbatov from my fantasy team to replace him with Elmander ::)I'm going to bed now before the cricket starts

Well, on the plus side, at least that went well!

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: November 28, 2010, 08:52:15 PM »

An excellent post from the reliably informative Leon.

- I hope that KM is the right man for the job and I still support him. But the tactics at the moment are indistinguishable from those of GH that weren't working and caused such frustration among many of us fans.

That last sentence is one of the most alarming things I've read on this Forum all weekend.

« Last Edit: November 29, 2010, 12:07:37 AM by TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe »
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

lukealty12

« Reply #145 on: November 28, 2010, 11:42:23 PM »

Clee and Baynes were good once again, Twiss is getting fitter and is improving, Somner is a different class - vital that hes here , Densmore worked very hard once again and put in a decent performance, Joseph had his best game for the club, Smithy was decent although was dragged out of position alot to cover milne, Williams never looked sure when faced with Wright and for that reason he seemed to get punished everytime and brown was unlucky to come up against Willmott on a very good day. To some it up i thought we played well in spells and just got punished for mistakes, we had a few decent chances and if one had gone in for example the Baynes FK or the Clee chip then i think we would of got something.

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: November 29, 2010, 09:13:30 AM »

Sorry, but if we're getting hammered 7 nil, 4 nil we are not 'unlucky'. 0-1, 1-2 is unlucky. 0-4/0-7 is sh*t. We are sh*t. I can't believe some people are saying that we are playing well is spells. No we are not. We are toothless up front, completely absent in midfield and our defence is an absolute shambles. We're not 1 or 2 players off a mid table side. We're several players short of winning a game.

fuertes

« Reply #147 on: November 29, 2010, 09:42:16 AM »

Sorry, but if we're getting hammered 7 nil, 4 nil we are not 'unlucky'. 0-1, 1-2 is unlucky. 0-4/0-7 is sh*t. We are sh*t. I can't believe some people are saying that we are playing well is spells. No we are not. We are toothless up front, completely absent in midfield and our defence is an absolute shambles. We're not 1 or 2 players off a mid table side. We're several players short of winning a game.

Wise up, that's overly negative bollocks. We'd only lost 1 in 8 before a run of games that went Luton (H), Wimbledon (H), Crawley (A) and Cambridge (A).

This was always going to be a stinking run. I'd have been genuinely delighted if we'd pulled off just one result out of those lot.

I agree we're lower midtable at the very best, that last season with Youngy and Senior we were much better, but we're not so utterly terrible that we can't win any games.

Keep the faith and we will pick up points against the other dross in this division.

Number23

• Regular First Team
  • 23 of 100
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: November 29, 2010, 11:49:01 AM »

Wise up, that's overly negative bollocks. We'd only lost 1 in 8 before a run of games that went Luton (H), Wimbledon (H), Crawley (A) and Cambridge (A).

This was always going to be a stinking run. I'd have been genuinely delighted if we'd pulled off just one result out of those lot.

I agree we're lower midtable at the very best, that last season with Youngy and Senior we were much better, but we're not so utterly terrible that we can't win any games.

Keep the faith and we will pick up points against the other dross in this division.
Good post. I agree completely.

Our away form and results and have been poor to say the least but we have got points at home. So far, of the teams in the bottom half, we've only played Barrow at home and beat them.

We clearly need to improve but there's plenty still to play for. 

Altyant

« Reply #149 on: November 29, 2010, 10:16:01 PM »

Clee and Baynes were good once again, Twiss is getting fitter and is improving, Somner is a different class - vital that hes here , Densmore worked very hard once again and put in a decent performance, Joseph had his best game for the club, Smithy was decent although was dragged out of position alot to cover milne, Williams never looked sure when faced with Wright and for that reason he seemed to get punished everytime and brown was unlucky to come up against Willmott on a very good day. To some it up i thought we played well in spells and just got punished for mistakes, we had a few decent chances and if one had gone in for example the Baynes FK or the Clee chip then i think we would of got something.

Have to disagree about Somner, I thought he was poor on Saturday. For me Danylyk has to start alongside Densmore
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Today's match thread