PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Today's match thread
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11

Author Topic: Today's match thread  (Read 43423 times)

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Today's match thread
« Reply #120 on: November 27, 2010, 07:41:15 PM »

So many people seem to be full of wisdom regarding the management of the side and tactics. I wonder how many of the tactical geniuses on here bothered to go to the fans forum last week and put their views forward constructively? (I know I would have done if I could).

We all know things aren't exactly great at the moment and that massive improvements are required if we are to get out of this awful position we're in. However, what really makes me angry is the way some people on this forum appear to actually be revelling in it. If we are brutally honest, the squad we have at present simply isn't good enough and unless we receive a huge windfall between now and January not a lot is going to change.

Some of our so-called fans are enjoying our current malaise a bit too much in my opinion.

Come on Alty!

John W

« Reply #121 on: November 27, 2010, 07:48:49 PM »

If we are brutally honest, the squad we have at present simply isn't good enough and unless we receive a huge windfall between now and January not a lot is going to change.

Some of our so-called fans are enjoying our current malaise a bit too much in my opinion.

So others are revelling in our plight, but you're not.  People are just stating the brutally honest facts, and you don 't like it, but it's ok for you to.  How does that one work?? :o

finnquark

« Reply #122 on: November 27, 2010, 08:01:05 PM »

I was at the game today. I thought that offensively we were alright - Twiss held the ball up reasonably well, Clee in my opinion was terrific when running at players. I'd agree with most criticism levelled at the defence on here, I thought today they looked intimidated by the muscular centre forward Gray from Cambridge, he was winning everything in the air, and even more gallingly on the ground when played to his feet. It was as though they weren't up for the physical confrontation - maybe I'm wrong, that's just how it looked. I think tactics wise, the 5-2-3/5-4-1 leaves the midfield a bit susceptible to being overrun, particular immediately after we attack. When the opposition play the ball wide, the central midfielders are often left with a choice - get dragged wide to close down the attacking full back whilst Clee/Baynes get back in, or remain in the middle. Either way this clearly opens up space, central or wide. I think this is a danger of opearating as a counterattacking team - the occasions we do get forward, we are significantly weakened defensively and look exposed. Having said all this, today was not without positives (some decent attacking play), and Cambridge have several very good players - notably Gray, Wright, Carden played well, and both wingers were excellent.

Jacko

« Reply #123 on: November 27, 2010, 08:28:08 PM »

How can we play on the counter with no pace? Twiss isn't good enough to play upfront on his own, a centre back can hold the ball up and lay it off its basics we are giving praise for which is a bad sign, if and when reeves is fit I would start him, rant over  8)

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 27, 2010, 08:39:09 PM »

From the conference forum

Altrincham 
by ChrisVessey(CUFC) at Sat 27-Nov-2010 19:54:44
Article 1927434, a reply to none, in topic 68807. Authenticated user: CHRISVESSEY (id=7434). View count: 113. Have to be the worst team i have seen since we have been in the Conference.

I have always had Alty down as a gritty, hard-working team that i admired for their determination against teams with much bigger resources, but today.... they were just nothing. No passion, no effort and gave up as soon as the first goal went in.

They were summed up by a fella that blasted the ball so high and far over the NRE that it hit the traffic on Newmarket Road... a first.

Unless things change Alty are a going down without a whimper. We're an average mid-table side and we cut them apart without even trying.

reply PM author report

Altrincham 
by Old_Yella at Sat 27-Nov-2010 20:14:47
Article 1927475, a reply to 1927434, in topic 68807. Authenticated user: OLD_YELLA (id=12078). View count: 50. It's a damning indictment of how sh*t this league is that we can be so utterly abject all season and yet still find ourselves a mere 7 points off of a play-off spot. The fact that Altrincham made us look like Brazil today makes one realise just how deprssingly poor the quality of football is in this poxy league.

Respect to those Alty fans that made the trip. It should make me feel a little better that somebody is actually measurably worse than Cambridge United. It deosn't in the slightest, but I have massive sympathy for you lads and lasses all the same.

reply PM author report

Edit history
Edited by Old_Yella Sat 27-Nov-2010 20:15:08
Altrincham 
by Random_Hero_CUFC at Sat 27-Nov-2010 19:59:21
Article 1927449, a reply to 1927434, in topic 68807. Authenticated user: RANDOM_HERO_CUFC (id=11571). View count: 87. When you're chasing the game and need a goal to get back into it and the best you can do is throw Mark Beesley on upfront you know you've got problems.

@AltyDaz

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: November 27, 2010, 09:00:22 PM »

i have always had Alty down as a gritty, hard-working team that i admired for their determination against teams with much bigger resources, but today.... they were just nothing. No passion, no effort and gave up as soon as the first goal went in.

Thats the bit that really sticks in my throat - if they dont want it- dont pull the shirt on just f**k off

ParkINson's red and white army

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: November 27, 2010, 09:31:55 PM »

If we are brutally honest, the squad we have at present simply isn't good enough and unless we receive a huge windfall between now and January not a lot is going to change.

So others are revelling in our plight, but you're not.  People are just stating the brutally honest facts, and you don 't like it, but it's ok for you to.  How does that one work?? :o

It's idiots like you that I can't stand. You only ever come on here when we're at a low ebb and you quite clearly enjoy being a prophet of doom (your earlier prediction that we will be the first club to be relegated is a prime example of this). You're conspicuous by your absence when there is praise to be handed out though.

Come on Alty!

Stan Hibbert

« Reply #127 on: November 27, 2010, 09:34:19 PM »

i have always had Alty down as a gritty, hard-working team that i admired for their determination against teams with much bigger resources, but today.... they were just nothing. No passion, no effort and gave up as soon as the first goal went in.

Thats the bit that really sticks in my throat - if they dont want it- dont pull the shirt on just f**k off

Sorry VofD but this is the best post of the day

Nick Jefferson

« Reply #128 on: November 27, 2010, 09:42:59 PM »

I was at the game too.
Until the first goal went in we played reasonably ok. Clee seemed to be playing wide left, but allowed to roam inside, probably one of the only plus points was the creativeness of Clee.
Defensively, we were bloody awful. The inability to tackle or even pressure the opposition is disconcerting. We were always a yard of the pace. We couldn’t pass the bloody ball around. When  Williams got the ball, more often than not it would be blasted hopelessly to a Cambridge fella.
Twiss held the ball up. But didn’t do an awful lot. He had little pace, and fell on the floor at regular interval.
I didn’t see much of Densmore during the game. Think he was playing central midfield, but looked, like most of the players, out of sorts. His penalty was poor, at the right height for the Cambridge keeper to make a save.
We improved offensively with the introduction of Beesley and Denham. Beesley’s movement was good to see, and he seemed to work well with Denham.
Overall, our central midfield was non-existent, and our defending very questionable. We had a couple chances, but Cambridge could have had more, if they had got out of third gear.

The guys need to get their act together, otherwise we're off to the BSBN...

John W

« Reply #129 on: November 27, 2010, 10:11:04 PM »

It's idiots like you that I can't stand. You only ever come on here when we're at a low ebb and you quite clearly enjoy being a prophet of doom (your earlier prediction that we will be the first club to be relegated is a prime example of this). You're conspicuous by your absence when there is praise to be handed out though.

Ok then.  We've conceded 11 in the last 2 games, and scored 0, but I'm sure that we'll be fine and will stay up.  Does that make you feel better?

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: November 27, 2010, 11:42:38 PM »

Ok then.  We've conceded 11 in the last 2 games, and scored 0, but I'm sure that we'll be fine and will stay up.  Does that make you feel better?

You're missing my point altogether. The only time you ever have anything to say is when we're in a really grim situation. I don't think I've ever seen you post on here after a win or when things are generally going ok. It's easy to shout criticism at times like this, but why not balance it out by acknowledging good things as well?

Come on Alty!

Bath Alty

« Reply #131 on: November 28, 2010, 12:00:20 AM »

Well what a cracking days football that was, we are still routed to the foot of the table  :'( and can't score a penalty >:( and earlier this week I paid a points penalty to drop Berbatov from my fantasy team to replace him with Elmander ::).  I'm going to bed now before the cricket starts

John W

« Reply #132 on: November 28, 2010, 12:53:10 AM »

You're missing my point altogether. The only time you ever have anything to say is when we're in a really grim situation. I don't think I've ever seen you post on here after a win or when things are generally going ok. It's easy to shout criticism at times like this, but why not balance it out by acknowledging good things as well?

Check out my comments on page 5 or 6 of the Fleetwood thread then if that's what you think.  I've put the link below to make it convenient for you.  Then tell me I only post after we've lost.  I will always say it how I see it, and it's obvious that doesn't go down well with some diehards.  If we've been cr*p, I reserve the right to say so, and if we've done well, I'll say so.  Unfortunately this season, the former applies.  I will not post platitudes after hammerings and, although I wasn't there today, I know that Cambridge aren't up to much.  Come on, they came back from 3 down against Tamworth last week to scrape a draw.

http://www.altyfans.co.uk/index.php?topic=11179.60

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: November 28, 2010, 01:20:12 AM »

Check out my comments on page 5 or 6 of the Fleetwood thread then if that's what you think.  I've put the link below to make it convenient for you.  Then tell me I only post after we've lost.  I will always say it how I see it, and it's obvious that doesn't go down well with some diehards.  If we've been cr*p, I reserve the right to say so, and if we've done well, I'll say so.  Unfortunately this season, the former applies.  I will not post platitudes after hammerings and, although I wasn't there today, I know that Cambridge aren't up to much.  Come on, they came back from 3 down against Tamworth last week to scrape a draw.

http://www.altyfans.co.uk/index.php?topic=11179.60

I was there, we were sh*t.

Hope this helps.
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: November 28, 2010, 02:16:51 AM »

Ha, well said Jimmy. Over the last two Saturdays I have spent in excess of 100 quid watching a total shambles.

Last Saturday we were always on a hiding to nothing against a freak of a club who have a squad that would be good enough for the top six in League Two. Today we were playing a distinctly average team who we generally get a result at and it was woeful. The half hearted cheer the Cambridge fans gave when their first goal went in told its own story. The players (not to mention the 51 of us in the away end) looked utterly deflated well before the end and compltely bereft of confidence. The defending, the space, the lack of closing people down, tracking runners, it would embarrass a Sunday league team. Yeah, the next three games are against struggling teams I know but I for one have no confidence in the ability of the current squad to turn it round. We are simply no-where hear the required standard and im my 20 odd years of watching Alty this is amongst the lowest I have seen.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Today's match thread