News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 McKenna Interview

Author Topic: McKenna Interview  (Read 3470 times)

ChrisVessey CUFC

fuertes

Re: McKenna Interview
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2010, 08:27:47 AM »

So basically, he thinks we can play some decent stuff in the middle of the park, but we can't defend or score goals. Not great.

DAB @ ALTY

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2010, 09:02:39 AM »

KM says that we have something going forward,well I'm trying to work that one out
as we haven't scored a goal in our last four league matches & have not scored in
11 out of 21 games this season.Agree over defending,I think that Robbie Williams
has forgot that we are the team in the red & white stripes,as he just seems to hit
the ball up field straight to an opposing player & it comes straight back to put us
under pressure again.Midfield,we are just not strong enough,we need that midfield
general type player in there.

Jenga

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2010, 12:23:24 PM »

My concerns are growing and am glad the FGR game is off to give a little more time to possibly bring in new faces that KM refers to.

Not got alot else to say atm.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2010, 05:58:31 PM »

I can't help but reflect on how that overly negative display at home to Gateshead in the FA Cup was simply a massive missed opportunity.

The £12,500 prize money would have come in quite useful for improving some of the areas where we are woefully substandard.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Longman

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2010, 11:43:28 AM »

I can't help but reflect on how that overly negative display at home to Gateshead in the FA Cup was simply a massive missed opportunity.

The £12,500 prize money would have come in quite useful for improving some of the areas where we are woefully substandard.

Absolutely agree, I was livid on the day and still am, from kick off it looked like we were sitting back and trying to scrape a draw!

markecky

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2010, 11:52:49 AM »

At the fans forum, McKenna mentioned the abuse he got from people who thought he had played one up front that day and explained how the system was meant to work.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2010, 05:05:06 PM »

At the fans forum, McKenna mentioned the abuse he got from people who thought he had played one up front that day and explained how the system was meant to work.

Ecky,

I was unable to attend that recent Forum with the manager.

Can you recall what he said about his gameplan that afternoon?

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Longman

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2010, 07:13:39 PM »

Well to be fair mate the system was clearly not working if it was not intended to be so defensive so he should have changed it, as far as I remember he didnt change it until there was about 10 minutes to go when we were 2 down!
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 McKenna Interview