Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 This is why we should have given graham more time!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: This is why we should have given graham more time!  (Read 9894 times)

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
Re: This is why we should have given graham more time!
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2010, 06:09:04 PM »

Fair point to all the replies but it annoyed me when people thought that ken would turn it around and its so harsh to slag off graham for the team he left. He lost 4 quality players in little, senior, youngy and doran. I may have posted in anger but I can not see any light at the end of the tunnel. I am concerned that if we go down we won't come back up. I want ken to succeed but some of his tatics and team selections have been poor. We are in a mess, just hope we can get ourselves out very quickly! We need more positive tactics, ken reminds me off graham when we came  back up into the conference. Too defensive and thats how we get picked off! Just my opinion!

WHY WOULD THAT ANNOY YOU ?
and if its harsh to slag Graham off for the team then maybe its his crap management then that made him leave ? You can't have it both ways either.. If its the players then GH brought them in, if the players are good enough then GH could not manage them well ?

As I said before what is Graham's current managerial status ? Mind you the best paid secretary to ever work prob doesn't need a job, maybe he could fund Vics and get a job there ?

plus (yes this has annoyed me)

Kenny has got more points with Less money then GH had... Looks like he's doing better all round.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2010, 06:09:21 PM »

We do need densmore back in defensive, this is what I mean about tactics. Densmore has done ok in midfield but whilst we are getting battered we need him in defence. We need to drop joseph at any cost because with him it is like playing with ten men, he is awful. We need to play hewson every game as he gets into the box. We are lost without smith and denham but give reeves a chance, he deserves it. I shouldn't have posted this post, thats too many beers for you. Just gutted!

tottenham alty

« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2010, 06:15:08 PM »

Let's get back to playing 3-4-3 like on that winning run a season or so ago

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2010, 06:39:22 PM »

Harping on about "Dick Turpin" is completely pointless and will achieve nothing. He had to go (although he could have been rather more honourable about it) and that is that.

This thread defies belief. At a time when we all need to pull together, this sort of in-fighting is the last thing Altrincham FC needs.

Forget it and move on.
Come on Alty!

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2010, 06:49:02 PM »

VofD

« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2010, 07:04:11 PM »

The words "GRAHAM" and "HEATHCOTE" should be completely BANNED from this forum. >:( >:( >:(

Narcissist

« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2010, 07:07:18 PM »

Calm down lads. Its a ludicrous comment but this is another alty fan. He is entitled to an opinion.

Weve just got tonked 7-0, it stings, stings like a b@stard. But its not the first time, and probably not the last, maybe not even the last this season. But its not Crawley away et al that counts its where we are in the league come April/May.

We should judge Kenny then and not before. In the meantime lets just put this to bed. Weve got a sh1te squad and weve lost the core of a good team. New manager cutting his teeth, and we might get spanked along the way as he learns to pick up from a man who had been around this league most of his adult life.

Nobody said a word after Luton, today we were away at a better team, i cant be arsed worrying to be honest.

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2010, 07:18:00 PM »

We got battered 5-0 to a worse side (Eastbourne) and then came back with determination and belief and have been on a good run until today.. Unlucky v Luton and AFC Wimbledon.. We expected nothing from the last 3 games so nothing lost in my book.

Positive thinking.

Jezza

« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2010, 08:24:54 PM »

I'd like to thank Mr Needham...brilliant post.

Gave us all the chance to get behind Ken and say give him the time.

Wonderful and clever reverse psychology.

Keep the faith everyone.

fuertes

« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2010, 08:54:31 PM »

Very short tuppence worth.

Graham Heathcote, whilst aggressive and irrational at times, did an overall good job at Altrincham Football Club. He got us up, he kept us up and he brought in some of our best players (Denham, Smith, Clee, Densmore).

That said, it seemed obvious he'd lost his passion for the job after Senior and Young left and we started abysmally. Given that, he had to go. You aren' going to survive if you've lost the stomach for the fight.

So, that left us needing a manager. Ken stepped up, and in fairness, he's done okay.We were on a good run. We've had a poor run in the last three games because we've played the best three sides in the division. We must, must stay loyal and give the bloke a chance. I'm worried we'll get relegated, but if so it'll be as much about unfortunate departures (Little, Senior, Young) and the refusal to pay wages we can't afford as anything else. t certainly won't be because we replaced Graham with Ken.

Chin up. 7 points from the next four games is very realistic and would leave us very close to safety.

casper

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2010, 09:05:05 PM »

Bollocks.
Graham didn’t want the job anymore. He’d given up. He’d brought crap players in and given them 2 (yes two) year deals.
Ken wanted the job, he has to work with some crap for a while. Hopefully we’ll be able to con some defenders into playing for us in January.
I think after this one, we certs for going down. There are some crap clubs in this league, but we’re really shockingly, painfully awful at the moment.
7-0 is a traversty. We haven’t shifted 7 since woking and Morecambe in 1996. Yeah, we had two dodgy penalties against us. But we still need to work as a team and minimise the loss.
Its going to be a hard few months ahead. We need to show support, and stay positive.

markecky

« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2010, 09:18:32 PM »

Bollocks.
Graham didn’t want the job anymore. He’d given up. He’d brought crap players in and given them 2 (yes two) year deals.
Ken wanted the job, he has to work with some crap for a while. Hopefully we’ll be able to con some defenders into playing for us in January.
I think after this one, we certs for going down. There are some crap clubs in this league, but we’re really shockingly, painfully awful at the moment.
7-0 is a traversty. We haven’t shifted 7 since woking and Morecambe in 1996. Yeah, we had two dodgy penalties against us. But we still need to work as a team and minimise the loss.
Its going to be a hard few months ahead. We need to show support, and stay positive.

I'm delighted that we have come out of these three games only five points off safety thanks to other clubs.  I also disagree that we are painfully awful.  Today maybe but not overall.  I watched painfully awful Altrincham sides on many occasions.

I think we did work as team to minimise the loss and it sound like we spent the best of 25 minutes in the second half having a go (for what it was worth) then ran out of legs at around the same time they brought Brodie on.

Today was a lot about how long we could keep them out for, the ref saw to it that it was 1.5 minutes.

Dust it off and start again.

taxi Phil

« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2010, 09:19:13 PM »

Fair point to all the replies but it annoyed me when people thought that ken would turn it around and its so harsh to slag off graham for the team he left. He lost 4 quality players in little, senior, youngy and doran. I may have posted in anger but I can not see any light at the end of the tunnel. I am concerned that if we go down we won't come back up. I want ken to succeed but some of his tatics and team selections have been poor. We are in a mess, just hope we can get ourselves out very quickly! We need more positive tactics, ken reminds me off graham when we came  back up into the conference. Too defensive and thats how we get picked off! Just my opinion!

It's hardly reasonable to have a go at Ken's team selections. He can only pick the players he has, and who are available. I'd guess we desperately missed James Smith today, and once we lose a key player we're always going to struggle.

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2010, 10:10:36 PM »

I'm delighted that we have come out of these three games only five points off safety thanks to other clubs.  I also disagree that we are painfully awful.  Today maybe but not overall.  I watched painfully awful Altrincham sides on many occasions.

I think we did work as team to minimise the loss and it sound like we spent the best of 25 minutes in the second half having a go (for what it was worth) then ran out of legs at around the same time they brought Brodie on.

Today was a lot about how long we could keep them out for, the ref saw to it that it was 1.5 minutes.

Dust it off and start again.

Quite right. We have a few wins against teams down in our league and move out of the bottom four and suddenly all looks brighter...it's not beyond belief
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 This is why we should have given graham more time!