Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 This is why we should have given graham more time!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: This is why we should have given graham more time!  (Read 9895 times)

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: November 20, 2010, 05:07:58 PM »

When graham went I posted that it was too early and I hoped that we would not regret it. I know I will get it in the neck but graham was the only man for the job. It ain't working with ken, wish it was different but we are in the sh*t. He just can't get the team going, we will get relegated without two more defenders and a forward and some bloody passion and confidence.
Its embarrassing!
We would have never conceded 6 against them with graham, rubbish

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
Re: This is why we should have given graham more time!
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2010, 05:11:43 PM »

No.

we prob would have 5 against, he would have had a row with the fans, threatened to quit, been sent to the stands.... .. although thinking about it we would be financially better off to improve the team he left us with though ???

Told my girlfriend I'll give it til 10past til GH is mentioned and well done.

ITS GRAHAMS PLAYERS AND WITH HIM WE LOOKED LIKE NEVER WINNING.

Take off the blinkers. Its boring.

What wonderful job has the greatest non league manager got at the moment then ?????????

How many points with GH and how many with Kenny ?? Now who's not giving who time ?
« Last Edit: November 20, 2010, 05:14:10 PM by gazwarrington »

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2010, 05:13:39 PM »

When graham went I posted that it was too early and I hoped that we would not regret it. I know I will get it in the neck but graham was the only man for the job. It ain't working with ken, wish it was different but we are in the sh*t. He just can't get the team going, we will get relegated without two more defenders and a forward and some bloody passion and confidence.
Its embarrassing!

disagree ,he got how many points in how many games at the start of the season ?

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2010, 05:15:47 PM »

Just exactly what I added.

We must have the only fans in the world that sticks up for an ex manager despite starting the season awful and how he's left the club.

More blinkers than the Cheltenham Gold Cup at this club.

taxi Phil

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2010, 05:17:02 PM »

Heathcote HAD to go. We will pick up the threads again from the next game. Have faith in Kenny, he can get us there.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2010, 05:17:12 PM »

Just exactly what I added.

We must have the only fans in the world that sticks up for an ex manager despite starting the season awful and how he's left the club.

More blinkers than the Cheltenham Gold Cup at this club.

ken needs time ,graham get more than enough time

markecky

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2010, 05:17:24 PM »

What a load of complete bollocks.

Didn't we get one point from 30 with him, then he told us all his signings were sh*t and surrendered against a terrible Kidderminster side.

Was he getting the players going?

You didnt go to the most disgusting fans forum ever but if you had of done and you left it thinking he would have turned it round you'd have been laughed out of the place.

Even the biggest Graham fans were stunned by that.

Thats the biggest load of nostalgic bullsh*t I have ever read on this forum.  I expected better from you.

Lets get him back then..he can refund the payoff and we can get some players in.

stubmanred

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2010, 05:20:05 PM »

What a load of rubbish. Believe me, i'm just as disappointed as you are after today's result. But, the outcome would have been the same. How can you say we would not have conceded 6? This defence (excluding Milne, who has been very steady) was heathcotes defence. We miss Smith massively when he doesn't play.

This team with the exclusion of Somner and Baynes - Was Heathcotes team! I would counter your argument and say that had McKenna who was always the motivational between him and Heathcote, not made an attempt (as we have seen in the other threads) to bring players in, that we would have had the option of Danny Holmes and Jimmy McCarthy to play today.Who would Heathcote have brought in? Could he have attracted anybody else of a decent calibre - I doubt it... If you count Heathcote as standing on the sidelines with his arms crossed, refusing to shake his own players' hands being motivational then I'll stand corrected.

We're all dejected, but KM is doing as well as he can. I would suggest that some of the players need to stand up and be counted. Defensively we are not good enough - We all know that.

Argumentative, confrontational bullsh*t like this is not needed. We've moved on. Let's concentrate on Cambridge and then the huge game against FGR rather than rake up the past and discuss how a previous manager would have approached the game!

Rant over..........

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2010, 05:24:30 PM »

Your off the mark here ... The blunt truth is the squad isnt good enough (the squad that basically GH put together).. When Smith is out we are poor at the back... When Denham is out we are even more less likely to score...

7-0 against any team tells you that we are not good enough Ken Mc has obviously tried to improve the squad but if players do not want to come because of the wages then there is fk all any manager in the world can do about that...

As ever the biggest problem with Alty is lack of MONEY  you can argue until your blue in the face about the merits of the management team but the bottom line is If you havent got the cash then you aint going to entice decent players to the club to get us out of the sh*t........

I  do not like posting comments like this but I am sorry folks... Its how it is.......

It wont stop me coming to watch Alty but it isnt going to be too enjoyable over the next 5 months I'm afraid...

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2010, 05:24:59 PM »

Your last post was 6 November after the Bath game. Graham had to go he lost all respect
Kenny has got team spirit back even though results not going our way.
@AltyDaz

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2010, 05:25:19 PM »

Its embarrassing!

Astonishingly naive and simply beyond clueless.

It's your post that's embarrassing.

Mind you, GH could still donate some of his compensation to Ken, couldn't he...?

« Last Edit: November 20, 2010, 05:31:30 PM by TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe »
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

markecky

« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2010, 05:31:39 PM »

I keep reading it over and over.

Don't you think Kenny knows we need a forward?  Or better defenders?

I'll stand corrected if he has done it as well but the only difference between a McKenna and Heathcote performance today would have been that Heathcote would have attempted to fight all their fans during the match and the ref at the end.

Three things decided today for me.

The body blow of a first minute pen followed by Crawley pouring at us.

The fact we actually had a good go between 46 and 85 which led to tired  legs and three late goals that turns a defeat into a hammering.

The fact that man for man, in nearly all positions, Crawleys players are ten times better than us.

And thats without harping on about full time and part time.

« Last Edit: November 20, 2010, 05:33:20 PM by markecky »

chesteralty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2010, 05:51:49 PM »

Certainly wouldn't put too much blame on Kenny for this debacle.
He needs time to put things right. Do we know what funds he has available, what happened to that Carole Nash money??

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2010, 05:52:34 PM »

Fair point to all the replies but it annoyed me when people thought that ken would turn it around and its so harsh to slag off graham for the team he left. He lost 4 quality players in little, senior, youngy and doran. I may have posted in anger but I can not see any light at the end of the tunnel. I am concerned that if we go down we won't come back up. I want ken to succeed but some of his tatics and team selections have been poor. We are in a mess, just hope we can get ourselves out very quickly! We need more positive tactics, ken reminds me off graham when we came  back up into the conference. Too defensive and thats how we get picked off! Just my opinion!

Nonleaguer

« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2010, 05:55:35 PM »

Put Densmore back into defence , get Danylyk back into midfield and play players in the correct positions. Eastbourne and Crawley put 12 goals by us and interestingly Danylyk did not play a single minute.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team