PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Tonights match thread
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Tonights match thread  (Read 12020 times)

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Tonights match thread
« Reply #60 on: November 16, 2010, 10:18:23 PM »

I enjoyed that!

Woods looked pretty useful from what I saw of him, and it's nice to see youth players getting a chance, even if it's only a small one, I always felt GH could have done a bit more in that respect.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 10:25:31 PM by NickyClee'sClickyKnee »
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.

62vintage

« Reply #61 on: November 16, 2010, 10:35:36 PM »

I enjoyed that tonight. It was nice to watch a game that we never looked like losing, and I thought we knocked the ball about well and were always in control. The referee had a shocker though and made some terrible decisions

markecky

« Reply #62 on: November 16, 2010, 10:56:36 PM »

I love Cheshire Cup games (although my post after last years Witton game would say otherwise if memory serves me correctly)

Great to see us have some time on the ball without some football league defender stealing it, pinging it 100 yards for the opposition to score

And I had one of them blue club biscuits from the snack bar....the dream goes on.

221 is a decent crowd as well...about 25 from Hyde.

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 17, 2010, 07:45:32 PM »

Ah so that's where everyone was, just back from Bath. (Actually really) Fine couple of days away, superb city, please let both teams stay up.

Although you might say that in Bath City Centre you'd never know there was an option beyond the egg shaped ball. Shame really.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

burkio

« Reply #64 on: November 18, 2010, 11:31:12 AM »

Hiya all...posted up a match report over at http://talkingturkeywithburkey.wordpress.com if you fancy having a nosey (there's also one from the Barrow win on there, too). Admittedly, I'm a Hyde fan, but I always try my best to be neutral unless it comes to Droylsden and 'Bridge. Feel free to rip it apart and generally disagree  :D

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 18, 2010, 12:30:48 PM »

Your blogs are very good ian,and youve filled in well on the nonleague show on gmr.some of your opinions on your northwich blog are a bit generous though ,vics are where they are due to feckless mismanagement, over spending, signing players then not paying them wages, refusing to give gate money owed to other clubs after cup ties, using the hmrc as an overdraught facility and a succession of walty mitty owners, not due to some conference league conspiricy against them.

burkio

« Reply #66 on: November 19, 2010, 09:08:58 AM »

Thanks for the kind words, Hughesy, they're much appreciated...but don't let the boss catch you calling it GMR!

I know the Vics have been in some severe bother over the years, and I'll concede that I have glossed over their recent financial history, but I've consciously decided to stay away from getting bogged down in monetary ins and outs, mainly because it can make for some pretty dull and depressing reading, and I want the blog to have a few chuckles in it. A bit of a cop out, perhaps, but true.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Tonights match thread