News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Stuart Coburn / Today in general

Author Topic: Stuart Coburn / Today in general  (Read 1628 times)

andrewflynn

« on: November 06, 2010, 11:21:24 PM »

Today, although it seems like a loss, after time to think is a point well earned. In the second half we were completely outplayed. They were building momentum and we had no effective way of defending it bar clearing the ball and waiting for the next wave of attack. Their confidence kept building, their fans almost made themselves heard at one point.. and when they got the first it was clear they were going to get something out of the game. They attacked well and were worth their two goals.
My biggest concern is to why we were so negative in the second half, I can begin to understand bringing Danylyk on for Twiss at 2-1 to try and retain the ball and relieve the pressure on the defence.. but we were so negative at 2-2 when the game had evened out again. We were pretty much playing for the draw at the end, there was no urgency to get the goal-kicks or free-kicks taken. If only Densmore had made it 3-0..

But, it could have easily have been 3 or 4-2 to them had it not been for England's number one.

Stuart Coburn earned us a point today, plain and simple. Numerous top quality saves throughout the match added up to a world class performance. The closer players to him expressed their gratitude at the end of the game by running straight to him (seconds before the whistle he had pulled off his best save of the game, one I had a great view of behind his goal taking down one of the flags.) Robbie Lawton made sure we knew it was Coburn who kept us in it by pointing at Stu after the final whistle, as well as the Bath fans who praised him as he walked down the tunnel. 

D.A. ALTY

• Regular First Team
  • ALTY F.C TILL I FUKIN DIE
    • View Profile
Re: Stuart Coburn / Today in general
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2010, 04:18:06 AM »

quality, absouletley quality, this is why he is ENGLANDS NUMBER 1, king coburn long may he live !!!

AltyFanInNottm

Re: Stuart Coburn / Today in general
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2010, 04:47:02 PM »

And 3 wins and 4 draws out of the last 8 league matches speaks volumes for the improvement in the team in recent weeks. Well done to all involved.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team