News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Positives From Today

Author Topic: Positives From Today  (Read 3042 times)

markecky

Positives From Today
« on: November 06, 2010, 10:40:42 PM »

To counteract some of the negativity on here, on reflection today was a good point. Bath needed to beat us at home and they haven't done it.  Yes we were 2-0 up but Bath played well and some very nice stuff at times.  It was credit to our spirit and Stuart Coburn that they didnt go on to win 3-2 as would have happened a month ago.

Positives for me:

Michael Twiss - Held the ball up so well, was a nuisance to Bath all game and his goal was a real strikers finish with his wrong foot.  As he went off he warmly applauded the Alty fans and looked like he had some confidence again.

Stuart Coburn - Three world class saves today including one in the last minute that was breathtaking

Wes Baynes Free Kicks and Corners - superb delivery from all of these and we know look like we could score from a corner.

The Alty Support - 100 there and superb singing and support..today was a great example of what watching Alty is about.

Until we can get another striker in (and Kenny is trying) we will be light up front.  If Denham can make Tuesday then I honestly believe we can get something.

Losiing a 2 goal lead in never good but credit to Bath, they played some good stuff and took the goals well.  They weren't gifts or slips of mistakes.

For me there is no need for any negativity tonight, we have an away point.  If Dens could have finished at 2-0 it would have been game over but thats how games go.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2010, 10:43:50 PM by markecky »

markecky

Re: Positives From Today
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2010, 10:47:27 PM »

Nice to get our vocal support confirmed:

From the bath forum, the Legion is their group of singers who never made a sound first half.

Odd to read how the Legion outsung 7000 Hatters last week only to be totally outdone today by a handful of the magnificent Alty faithful.There's a Phd out there for anyone who can enlighten us as to what get a bunch of supporters going....and Alty had more flags

62vintage

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2010, 10:50:57 PM »

Have to agree with the first post but would add Mark Joseph thought he played well again. If we could have just taken the chance to make it 3-0 we would have then strolled it. I thought it was a cracking game to watch and we did not lose, although it felt like it at the end.

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2010, 12:04:47 AM »

Nice to get our vocal support confirmed:

From the bath forum, the Legion is their group of singers who never made a sound first half.

Odd to read how the Legion outsung 7000 Hatters last week only to be totally outdone today by a handful of the magnificent Alty faithful.There's a Phd out there for anyone who can enlighten us as to what get a bunch of supporters going....and Alty had more flags

I'd imagine that being the underdog has a lot to do with it; fans feel they have to get behind their team to give them that extra push.

Also, Ecky is spot on. Anyone that spouts off about throwing away points should probably not comment on a game they didn't see.

I thought that we were OK for 90 minutes and scored a couple of goals. Bath were a bit a bit less than OK for about 55 minutes and very good for the rest, they also scored two goals and if it wasn't for Coburn would have scored more. People only seem to be getting their knickers in a twist because of the order the goals were scored.
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

RocketDan

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2010, 12:27:24 AM »

Three world class saves today

i look forward to Stuarts short listing for ballon d'or.........

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2010, 10:57:38 AM »

Not much to add except to say that I felt we really missed James Smith yesterday. Both their goals came from situations that I can imagine Smith would have both anticipated and snuffed out.

I said I felt we needed four points minimum from H&Y and Bath and we've got that.

It's always disappointing to lose a two-goal lead but I would have thought Bath will be more disappointed than us today.

ASMO

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • oxfords barbers
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2010, 10:59:43 AM »

I couldn't  make game today was working , but i would of settled for a draw before kick off, so altough we lost the lead im not to dissapointed , looking forward to tuesday should be good game ,hope we can win but think a draw might be the best we can hope for

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2010, 12:32:50 PM »

Agree with what's been said above by Ecky and others. Lots of positives yesterday for me, not least the continued improvement of Michael Twiss. Bath City played some lovely football in the second half and I didn't feel we were particularly at fault for either of their goals.

It's another game without defeat. Two big home games now and we must believe that we can get something from them.

Come on Alty!
Come on Alty!

markecky

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2010, 08:55:11 PM »

Bit more self gratuitious stuff if we may..we don't get it to often.

From the Bath Forum:

Alty fans were a credit to their club. It was great to see so many flags and plenty of vocal support throughout,

And fair play to the magnificent Alty fans who made more noise than most visitors manage

I go against the grain of a few on here by not actually liking unsegregated games..I just feel it asks for trouble or snide comments that can escalate.

At Bath yesterday it was refreshing that their fans concentrated on their own team.  Credit to them.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2010, 08:59:40 PM by markecky »

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2010, 09:04:16 PM »

We should take great pride in the fact that other club's fans see us in such a positive light. I had a great day out yesterday, just what watching Alty is all about!
Come on Alty!

chris888

« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2010, 09:46:04 PM »

yesterday was a great result which maintained our momentum to try and find a way out of this situation. im looking forward to december, with a run of games we are capable of doing well.
as part of the younger group of fans, it was a great day out and we showed our passion and desire with the vocals.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Positives From Today