PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 BATH - MATCHDAY THREAD
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10]

Author Topic: BATH - MATCHDAY THREAD  (Read 35902 times)

ManagementGuru

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: BATH - MATCHDAY THREAD
« Reply #135 on: November 07, 2010, 02:43:21 PM »

it was the first time I have seen Alty this season and it was a cracking match.  We are definitely not bottom of the league calibre on today's showing.  I have seen many worse Alty sides over the years.

Stuart Coburn was magnificent, Michael Twiss held up and distributed well, Marc Joseph played well.  Bath contributed to a very entertaining match and if Bath had started the way they played the last 30 minutes, I would never have imagined a 2-2 outcome!

Alty were under the cosh from the moment Twiss put us 2-0 up and perhaps reacted by going too deep with no natural outlet but after the equaliser we clawed our way back inot the game.

A draw was a fair result overall - and I suspect if Densmore had made it 3-0, it could still easily have been 3-3.

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #136 on: November 07, 2010, 04:56:55 PM »

Things from yesterday

STU COBURN = amazing. Anyone who ever doubts him watch the highlights. Save at the end was WORLD CLASS... and the players reactions to him showed how good it was.
OVER NIGHT STAY = Better preparation and benefits the team. I only travelled from Daventry and needed to stretch the old legs for a bit so has to be a benefit.
SUPPORT = As it always is, AMAZING, don;t get to go to many games but am always so proud of the support when I do. BRILLIANT

My last game was a 5-0 defeat to Eastbourne Borough and that was a shambles to put it lightly, yesterday  I saw a set of players that battled and tried for 90mins and had BELIEF. To me we didn't throw away a two goal lead, we got ourselves in a good position and came away with a good draw. That must surely have been a "Must win" game for Bath City and they failed. It was good to see manager \ assistant active and shouting instructions for the match rather than with fans\officials...

An amazing improvement and NOT A DEFEAT. A draw away from home is fine by me.

Oh and just to add. I arrived at Bath City to be greeted by a drunk drag act stumbling, swearing and singing down the road and then turned the corner to be told I had to wait while some 'crime scene' pictures were taken.. Lovely place.

bigcol

« Reply #137 on: November 07, 2010, 05:14:48 PM »

That serves me right for posting after partaking in a few ales.

I'm amazed it makes any sense.

See you at Wrexham.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 BATH - MATCHDAY THREAD