News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 From a club source:

Author Topic: From a club source:  (Read 3049 times)

Toppers

From a club source:
« on: October 12, 2010, 11:28:39 AM »

Mckenna was offered the job 2weeks ago till the end of the season.

fuertes

Re: From a club source:
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2010, 11:32:36 AM »

Hasn't accepted? Assume this has something to do with giving notice to his other employer rather than just not fancying it?

I know it's unprofessional to release the names, but I'm really intrigued as to who applied for the job. There were a dozen within a day of GH leaving weren't there?

brian1925

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2010, 11:34:12 AM »

It would be good of the club to let the fans know what is going on. This has dragged on far too long now and we are beginning to look a little amateur.

Toppers

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2010, 11:35:54 AM »

as far as i know he was offered the job after the barrow game, but there has been no comeback by mckenna... my thoughts he wants the club to go full time or see what happens in the FA CUP and a longer contract at the club.

fuertes

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2010, 11:52:09 AM »

as far as i know he was offered the job after the barrow game, but there has been no comeback by mckenna... my thoughts he wants the club to go full time or see what happens in the FA CUP and a longer contract at the club.

I don't think he'd be daft enough to expect us to go full-time. It'd be suicide.

Hanging on to see what happens in the FA Cup is crazy. What if it goes to a replay, it'll be three bloody weeks before we'd find out what's happening.

We need to get this sorted out now. It's getting silly.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2010, 11:59:39 AM »

Im sure discussions are on going at regular intervals.If things are to change be it in terms of structure or operations,they dont just happen overnight.Although the club do need to keep fans informed (we do have at least one weekly press release) not everything is for public airing,im sure things are in hand,and annoucements will be made when the time is right. 

Jenga

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2010, 12:36:53 PM »

In my opinion the club does not need to keep anyone informed apart from we are looking at candidates at present. It is a contract between the club and the manager and nothing to do with the fans.

If I went for a job I would not expect my potential employers to liaise with all their customers about contract negotiations.

A contract negotiation can take some time, be it personal terms, wages, pensions, even such things as petrol expenses.

If Kenny has been offered the job I would not expect anything to be confirmed until the end of this month.

fuertes

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2010, 01:13:30 PM »

In my opinion the club does not need to keep anyone informed apart from we are looking at candidates at present. It is a contract between the club and the manager and nothing to do with the fans.

If I went for a job I would not expect my potential employers to liaise with all their customers about contract negotiations.

A contract negotiation can take some time, be it personal terms, wages, pensions, even such things as petrol expenses.

If Kenny has been offered the job I would not expect anything to be confirmed until the end of this month.

But a football club is a central part of the local community and should exist purely for its supporters. It's not like the local ASDA keeping us all up to date with the search for a new grocery manager.

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2010, 01:22:37 PM »

I'm sure the club will issue a statement when they have news to give. Everyone needs to calm down.

Jenga

« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2010, 01:59:23 PM »

But a football club is a central part of the local community and should exist purely for its supporters. It's not like the local ASDA keeping us all up to date with the search for a new grocery manager.

I am talking about professional jobs, giving info before things are finalised is the wrong thing to do.

george

« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2010, 02:51:45 PM »

All these sources quoted from within the club are rubbish. Only the Board deal with these matters & will reveal all when it's set in concrete. I am fed up of the expression, I HAVE INFO FROM A RELIABLE SOURCE IN THE CLUB.

Jezza

« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2010, 03:17:01 PM »

This thread is not worth the internet is printed on.

ant fan can go to grahame rowley, derek or paul on a match day or otherwise and ask what the score is...

Jenga

« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2010, 03:41:10 PM »

This thread is not worth the internet is printed on.

ant fan can go to grahame rowley, derek or paul on a match day or otherwise and ask what the score is...

On saturday hopefully 2-0 to the Alty  ;D
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 From a club source: