PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 100K needed
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: 100K needed  (Read 4991 times)

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: 100K needed
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2010, 09:18:02 PM »

In just under two weeks time we begin our FA Cup campaign for the season. By then we need to have Kenny permanently installed as manager and (hopefully) some new faces in the team who have the stomach for a fight and the ability to start winning us some games. Failure in the FA Cup is simply not an option - the financial rewards of a good cup run could be the miracle we are all praying for.

This limbo state we currently find ourselves in off the pitch is doing nobody any favours.
Come on Alty!

brian1925

Re: 100k needed
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2010, 10:34:03 AM »

brian, your heart is clearly in the right place mate but just naming ex players doesn't ring true. Harvey signed Michael Twiss last season! Ryan is older and slower than Danny Adams, Moffatt was substandard, Doran i agree with as well as Young and Senior but Col's day great tho it was has gone. You can tell players they don't have a future but you still have to pay them every week! Wouldn't be any money left for new signings. That said, hell it's a good an idea as any at the moment and I can't think of anything so... 

I know you're basically right Ballers (particularly about the wages), but things are a bit desperate at the moment and we're all pretty stuck for suggestions. However, I did see Tim Ryan single-handedly keep Wrexham at bay for Chester last year and so I don't think his legs have quite gone yet. I actually toned my original post down a bit tbh - it had Carlos Logan (free agent) and Lee Elam on it, but I didn't think the forumites would take it.  ;D
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 100K needed