PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 100K needed
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: 100K needed  (Read 4992 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
100K needed
« on: October 10, 2010, 12:04:06 AM »

5 players in and 5 players out,only way we can think about staying up with the current squad,sorry to rock the boat financially,but thats the way i see it.And that we go full time in some form in the summer.

fuertes

Re: 100K needed
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2010, 12:12:32 AM »

5 players in and 5 players out,only way we can think about staying up with the current squad,sorry to rock the boat financially,but thats the way i see it.And that we go full time in some form in the summer.

We can't afford it unless we're willing to run the risk of screwing creditors and/or seeing the death of our club.

End of thread.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2010, 12:28:44 AM »

Don't panic, we've still got that "substantial donation" from Carole Nash in our back pocket.

Oops, sorry, I forgot that reportedly went towards 'compensating' a former employee.....

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

markecky

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2010, 09:48:37 AM »

"Don't mention the war.."

Its what makes our current situation all the more tragic.

andrewflynn

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2010, 10:59:50 AM »

I'd rather go down than do that

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2010, 11:06:03 AM »

Your probably correct in what you say Hughesy. But its the old chesnut unfortunately.  Unless somebody comes up with the money then I do not see any development in that area any time soon.

Apart from loan players or freebies I cannot see the squad changing much in the future..

I agree with Timperleyrobin in that I would rather get relegated than see the club go into debt...

I dont think Grahame Rowley would let the club go down that route either....

It really is a shame that after the last two seasons we find ourselves in the mire (on the pitch).

Cmon Alty..

VofD

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2010, 01:50:40 PM »

Good cup run required then. ::) ::)

Jezza

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2010, 02:48:29 PM »

A good cup run is well overdue and would signal a change of fortunes.

But we simply wont get that with our current set up....the best we can hope for is an easy couple of home fixtures then a big 1st div side away televised in the 1st/2nd round......I guess we could get mega lucky and get 3 easy draws and straight to OT?

I agree about 5 need to be shipped out.....in return for 2/3 quality players and a couple of squaddies.

I can see a spine of a good team which makes it all the more frustrating.

The ways out of this are getting lucky with a couple of loans....striking a deal with Man Utd or City to play some of their youth players......and going semi full time....just one extra training session maybe on a sunday for the lads to get together, work down and work on some set pieces?

andrewflynn

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2010, 02:50:51 PM »

..work on some set pieces?

Yes, please

RocketDan

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2010, 04:37:49 PM »

Fourth Round Qualifying winners £12,500
FC. United of Manchester, and A mammoth crowd of 3,214 pack moss lane, to witness a comfortable 3-1 win for the Robins

First Round Proper winners  £18,000
Away to Sheffield Wednesday, Damien Reeves scores a late equaliser to make it 1-1 at full time, setting up a massive replay at Moss Lane.
Alty win the replay 3-2
Both games are televised, we take 3,000 to Hillsborough and get a similar amount for the home game

Second Round Proper winners £27,000
Despite our heroics in A rather fortunate draw for the Robins as the face Droylsden (the lowest club still in the competition)

Third Round Proper winners £67,500
After a scrappy 1-1 home tie against Premier League Relegation fodder Liverpool, Alty scrape through the replay 2-1 thanks to Robbie Lawton 'sort of kicking a ball around'
Both games are televised and Altrincham captures the nations imagination.

Fourth Round Proper
All great things must come to an end and for us it is an away tie to Arsenal which we lose 14-0, rather embarrassingly Wenger loans us several of his wonder kids to gain tough experience. Although we don't get out hands on the £90,000 prize money, the split in ticket sales and TV money ensure we have close to £500,000 to spend over the next couple of seasons.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2010, 04:40:21 PM by RocketDan »

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
100k needed
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2010, 05:04:30 PM »

I think that quite a lot of teams both above and below us will be wanting to draw us at the minute.

B. 4D

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2010, 06:02:09 PM »

Very easy to say £100 grand neaded, but lets get in the real world.
THAT AINT GOING TO HAPPEN.
 I still think we can get out of this with some loan players, and it won't cost £100 grand

brian1925

« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2010, 06:28:40 PM »

I too don't think we need 100K. Jimmy Harvey from Stalybridge bringing his assistant and centre half Tim Ryan. Ask Col if he can come back and also get United to lend us Scott Moffatt again. Find out where Doran is and bring him back. Keep ear to the ground re. Youngy and Senior (you never know!) Finally, tell Brown, Joseph, Crowell, Holsgrove and Twiss that they have no future whatsoever at the club, so it's up to them what they do.
Then we'd have Matty and Col back - Moffatt, Ryan and Doran at the club. It's very Football Manager I know, but there, that's what I think!
Col for Twiss, Ryan for Joseph, Matty for Brown, Moffatt for Holsgrove, Doran for Crowell
Feel free to Peake me to buggery - I don't know what else to do!

Just found that Doran is at Welshpool FC
« Last Edit: October 10, 2010, 06:33:34 PM by brian1925 »

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
100k needed
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2010, 07:00:18 PM »

brian, your heart is clearly in the right place mate but just naming ex players doesn't ring true. Harvey signed Michael Twiss last season! Ryan is older and slower than Danny Adams, Moffatt was substandard, Doran i agree with as well as Young and Senior but Col's day great tho it was has gone. You can tell players they don't have a future but you still have to pay them every week! Wouldn't be any money left for new signings. That said, hell it's a good an idea as any at the moment and I can't think of anything so... 

taxi Phil

« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2010, 08:21:24 PM »

Mark Cooper's job at Darlington seems to be in jeopardy after their home defeat by those well known giants of the Non-League scene, Hayes & Yeading (they won at Grimsby too !)

So maybe the return of The Mighty Midget isn't out of the question.....
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 100K needed