News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 No direspect

Author Topic: No direspect  (Read 2002 times)

John Crewe

No direspect
« on: September 26, 2010, 09:25:00 PM »

Did anyone else see the no direspect to Alty comment in the NLP today? From Gary Mills the Tamworth manager!!!

Nasha

• Regular First Team
  • Rocky
    • View Profile
Re: No direspect
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2010, 09:56:43 PM »

Just seen it now, why am I not surprised though. For those who haven't, Mills talks about Tamworth going to Crawley on Wednesday.

''Without being disrespectful, that is the type of game I'd want after this defeat rather than having to go somewhere like Altrincham''

Don't get NLP that often, but there's a few gems in it today. Bayliss saying refs are southern biased (complaining after the events of Tuesday at Moss Lane!!), while Grimsby manager Neil Woods says they 'were comfortably the better side'. Must have been the only one who thought they would still win after Denhams goal, as we looked the only winner until a curler from them.
'Life isn't fair.If is was,it would be called fair.But it's not.It's called life'

Tony Adams after Euro 96

AltyIan

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2010, 10:28:52 PM »

Hope we put one over on Tamworth now more then ever

NO ONE LIKES US NO ONES LIKES US NO ONE LIKES US WE DON'T CARE
COS WE ARE ALTY SUPER ALTY SUPER ALTY FROM MOSS LANE

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
No disrespect
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2010, 10:50:39 PM »

Very odd statement. It sounds like he's saying that Crawley is a bigger game than us, it's certainly a harder one. Shouldn't he want to play us after a defeat rather than the league leaders? Or does he think we'd be a harder game. Anyway i think they're going to drop from a good start like last season.

taxi Phil

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2010, 07:45:27 AM »

I KNOW they're going to drop ! They started well last season, and ended up in the relegation mix !

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2010, 09:52:55 AM »

I took it that he meant that he expected to get beat at Crawley so he had a chance to get a 'backs to the wall' mentality going whereas if they were playing Alty, his fans would have expected some sort of a result and, when they didn't get one (!) it would put more pressure on the team.

Not sure whether this is a back-handed compliment or not  ???
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

John Crewe

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2010, 01:52:49 PM »

I took it that he meant that he expected to get beat at Crawley so he had a chance to get a 'backs to the wall' mentality going whereas if they were playing Alty, his fans would have expected some sort of a result and, when they didn't get one (!) it would put more pressure on the team.

Not sure whether this is a back-handed compliment or not  ???

Thats not the way I read it.

I read it that he was saying that his players could raise their game for crawley but not for the likes of us
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 No direspect