PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Tuesday and my opinions..
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Tuesday and my opinions..  (Read 6515 times)

andrewflynn

« on: September 19, 2010, 03:04:45 PM »

Instead of giving little bits of what I think in various threads I thought I'd just sum it up in one.

I'd go 3-5-2 from the start against Barrow.. Yesterday was strong evidence that we are incapable of playing with a flat back four. Whereas I've always thought we look more organised with say Williams, Welch and Smith in a back three with Smithy sweeping everything up. Brown and Densemore aren't the best at wing back but when in possession we need to have the five in midfield to give options and keep the ball. Second half when we reverted to this formation things did look slightly better (if possible.)
Lawton is an inspiration, can't believe how much I've undervalued him in the past. Drop Crowell, might give him a kick up the arse and get him into gear. Bring in Danylyk as a certainty for 100% effort and fight, and start Hewson who looks assured on the ball. Coburn to start as well.
Anyone know anything on Denham? We're a different team with him upfront, if fit I'd have him with Reeves.
(Coburn, Welch, Smith, Williams, Densemore, Brown, Danylyk, Hewson, Lawton, Denham/McCarthy, Reeves.)

I hope the players have read Gaz' post addressed to them. There have been numerous knocks to confidence and the accumulation of these has dragged morale to an all time low. Late goals, Heathcoate's comments at the fans forum.. We need to get behind them now, and they need to find some fighting spirit from somewhere and get themselves out of this position. Relegation is NOT a certainty and I'm sick of the pessimistic views. Our squad, although lacking in quality compared to the last two seasons, is good enough to stay in this league if we rekindle that fighting spirit and show some confidence. We looked good enough at Luton on the opening day, not anything to set the world alight, but decent. I find it absurd that people are consolidating relegation and we're in September.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Tuesday and my opinions..
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2010, 03:26:12 PM »

I agree.

Would like to see McCreedy have a run aswell.
Full time and proud of it

Nonleaguer

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2010, 05:33:40 PM »

Good points raised by TimperleyRobin, the midfield needs steel i.e. Lawton, Danylyk & Hewson. Perhaps having seen the debacle on Saturday Ken McKenna may even realise that! As stated in today's Non League Paper" he has  learnt everything he needs to know" after witnessing the game. Hopefully changes will come swiftly and incisively.

markecky

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2010, 05:38:13 PM »

What did Kenny have to say in the NLP?

I only buy it when we win so as you can tell, I dont get it often.

B. 4D

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2010, 05:45:45 PM »

I could't buy it today, as well :(

Nonleaguer

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2010, 06:07:09 PM »

Extract from NLP:

"Acting boss Ken McKenna says he has learnt all he needs to know after watching bottom-of-the-table Altrincham thrashed by a bubbling Eastbourne Borough at Priory Lane. McKenna who took over the Alty hot seat after last week's departure of manager Graham Heathcote, stopped short of saying he wanted the job permanently. But he vowed "I will not leave them in the mire.This is a fantastic club which has been good to me. There is a lot of work to be done and I am prepared to sit down with the board and tell them what I think is required to take the club forward." McKenna admitted he had made a mistake in changing the system from 3-5-2 to 4-4-2. "We were second best all over the park today.We were not marking, we were not winning second balls. We were lucky we were only beaten by five. It was a hard lesson, but I believe I have learnt all I need to know."

andrewflynn

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2010, 06:16:16 PM »

I hope learning to keep Marc Joseph out of the squad was included in the lesson

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2010, 06:23:28 PM »

I hope learning to keep Marc Joseph out of the squad was included in the lesson

Can't believe he hadn't come to that conclusiion after the Kidderminster game!

Also I refuse to believe that Holmes is not good enough to make the bench (at least)
Full time and proud of it

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2010, 06:37:56 PM »

still most on here were screaming for 442 now he should have known better, good comments by ken i think
Bernard Taylors barmy army

andrewflynn

« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2010, 06:55:20 PM »

Does anyone know anything about Chris Denham?

joe

Tuesday
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2010, 07:11:05 PM »

Ex Stalybridge and Droylsden who can play up front or on the wing.

andrewflynn

« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2010, 07:13:23 PM »

Take it as a no then haha..

markecky

« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2010, 07:15:35 PM »

Extract from NLP:

"Acting boss Ken McKenna says he has learnt all he needs to know after watching bottom-of-the-table Altrincham thrashed by a bubbling Eastbourne Borough at Priory Lane. McKenna who took over the Alty hot seat after last week's departure of manager Graham Heathcote, stopped short of saying he wanted the job permanently. But he vowed "I will not leave them in the mire.This is a fantastic club which has been good to me. There is a lot of work to be done and I am prepared to sit down with the board and tell them what I think is required to take the club forward." McKenna admitted he had made a mistake in changing the system from 3-5-2 to 4-4-2. "We were second best all over the park today.We were not marking, we were not winning second balls. We were lucky we were only beaten by five. It was a hard lesson, but I believe I have learnt all I need to know."

Thanks a lot.

A manager who is willing to admit to a mistake...fair play to him.  I'd have tried 4-4-2 as well though.

Wise words from Timperley Robin.   I have heard all the formulas and stats but if we can get a win, any won with an own goal, pen, anything then we have a chance.

We simply can't accept relegation in September, and I would definitely find a space for Hewson.

He is comfortable on the ball and as Flynny said in another post, I reckon has a few goals in him.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Tuesday
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2010, 07:51:01 PM »

Ex Stalybridge and Droylsden who can play up front or on the wing.

Most creative player at the club........usually gets kicked to death by the opposition back four and is then out for 4 games
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

AltyIan

« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2010, 09:04:56 PM »

Can we please please please just go for it and play the most attacking formation our squad will allow us, were probably expected to get battered anyway, if were going to lose let's lose trying to play well and by throwing the kitchen sink at them, not playing negatively and easily get brushed pass 2 or 3-0.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team