PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 ken mckenna
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: ken mckenna  (Read 13862 times)

alty.fc

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: ken mckenna
« Reply #30 on: September 15, 2010, 10:26:30 PM »

He will cajole, encourage and praise. Now there's a different approach

Just like your good self then Dino......
Come on you red and white........

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 15, 2010, 11:53:38 PM »

He will cajole, encourage and praise. Now there's a different approach

Just like your good self then Dino......

Not often I do something as basic as just quote a whole reply and add a LOL or something.

But genuinely LOL there.  :D

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 16, 2010, 08:09:24 AM »

No doubt Dino will be the first to let us know if things dont improve...

anglo alty

« Reply #33 on: September 16, 2010, 06:59:25 PM »

good luck to the new manager ken mckenna or whoever and grame rowley thanks to cote and geoff goodwin without who's efforts we wouldn't have a club

Jacko

« Reply #34 on: September 18, 2010, 07:00:11 PM »

[quote author=dino link=topic=10941.msg119380#msg119380 date=1284501234

I think we will beat Eastbourne on Saturday.The squad is good enough,and Ken can prove that.

We have lost core support over the last 2 seasons.but they will be back now Heathcote has gone.

good luck Ken
totally disagree and u will be proved wrong dino, this squad has 1 point to its name all season, all I will say is ............I told u so, I'm that confident gh leaving will have no positive effect on these players and its going to be tough for km
[/quote]wheres dino when u need him ;)

dino

« Reply #35 on: September 18, 2010, 07:16:10 PM »

i cant quite believe the result. i really thought that there would be a much better performance than that, as i never lost confidence in the squad. But that result is quite dreadful.

We need to get the job advertised in the national press urgently,and  review the candidates including Ken.

Dont forget there has been a sustantial payment made to the club for investment in the team, and that needs spending prudently. If Coburn is not going to be first choice , he needs releasing. He is the top wage earner, and we simply cannot afford him on the bench.

The club needs to be transparent re share ownership. where are they, and whos got them?. They should be offered out.

Without any fresh interest regarding directors, we need to run the club as  a supporters trust. We simply cannot rely on the encumbents to run the club.The trust would allow members a stake and provide fresh financial impetus aka Chester City.

John W

« Reply #36 on: September 18, 2010, 07:18:31 PM »

i cant quite believe the result. i really thought that there would be a much better performance than that, as i never lost confidence in the squad. But that result is quite dreadful.

We need to get the job advertised in the national press urgently,and  review the candidates including Ken.

Dont forget there has been a sustantial payment made to the club for investment in the team, and that needs spending prudently. If Coburn is not going to be first choice , he needs releasing. He is the top wage earner, and we simply cannot afford him on the bench.

The club needs to be transparent re share ownership. where are they, and whos got them?. They should be offered out.

Without any fresh interest regarding directors, we need to run the club as  a supporters trust. We simply cannot rely on the encumbents to run the club.The trust would allow members a stake and provide fresh financial impetus aka Chester City.

Feel sure that our board have an agenda to consolidate at a more affordable level ie BSN.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 18, 2010, 07:18:55 PM »

how much is substantail roughly speaking ?

John W

« Reply #38 on: September 18, 2010, 07:31:17 PM »

If Cobe's is on the wage that someone told me last week ((£400), that is excessive for someone who is, to all intents and purposes, the reserve keeper, and he should be released.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 18, 2010, 07:39:17 PM »

Feel sure that our board have an agenda to consolidate at a more affordable level ie BSN.

Agenda ? Not a chance........the Chairman is as keen to stay in this division as the rest of us.

As for running as a supporters trust, then I would fully agree with you if we could get 2500 of us attending home games, buying a pint, programme etc every home game. As it stands we can muster about 800 supporters at home games and the majority of those don't spend a penny inside the ground. A supporters trust would just about run a Unibond side.

As for shares the problem would be the same. Let's assume for example that Mr Goodwin has 100,000 number £1 shares and these were offered for sale to you, me and the other supporters. How many do you think he would be able to sell ?
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

dino

« Reply #40 on: September 19, 2010, 11:39:04 AM »

The structure of the club needs sorting before we can move forward. Whose hands are the shares in? where are they?

With no external backers visible, the only realistic chance of raising cash for investment, is to get all the shares in house and set up a supporters trust similair to the model created at telford and chester. there is no point in having shares with people no longer involved with the club. 

In future , potential sponsors will require more transparency in what is happening at the club,which will only be forthcoming via a supporters trust model.

Dont forget we recentlyreceived a substantial donation. Is that for improving the squad?

What sort of compensation has Heathcote received for loss of office?

markecky

« Reply #41 on: September 19, 2010, 11:54:34 AM »

If Cobe's is on the wage that someone told me last week ((£400), that is excessive for someone who is, to all intents and purposes, the reserve keeper, and he should be released.

You want to release a player with 500 games for the club and has played without a contract for seven years?

Who says he is the reserve keeper?  Coates gives me no confidence at all...he is far to unorthodox.

I've no idea what kind of money he is on but he has earned every penny.

We need him  back in on Tuesday to organise stuff and show players what it means to play for Alty.

markecky

« Reply #42 on: September 19, 2010, 11:57:40 AM »

We have had a supporters trust.

It was fraught with bureacracy and had to have a meeting if it wanted to purchase a biro.

We now have a perfectly good supporters association.

With the limited amount of people who give their time to help,  a Supporters trust is out of the question unless you have a committee of 6 - 10 people waiting in the wings.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2010, 12:00:31 PM by markecky »

taxi Phil

« Reply #43 on: September 19, 2010, 12:04:47 PM »

The ideal Committee should consist of three people, two of whom are unable to attend meetings.....................

Bangor on Dee Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 19, 2010, 12:47:51 PM »

I for one would like to see Ken get the job. Having seen his Llansantfraid/TNS/New Saints team on many occasions when Alty were away, they played good football with a ruthless edge. Yes its the Welsh Premier but he didn't spend a fortune on players although funds were avaliable and won seven league titles in ten years.
The man has a passion for the game and a good understanding of non-league. Give him the job and time and without doubt we will improve.

Yours the Ken McKenna fan club  ;D 
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 ken mckenna