PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 alty born and bred?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: alty born and bred?  (Read 46077 times)

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
Re: alty born and bred?
« Reply #60 on: September 13, 2010, 04:12:16 PM »

Born in Sale (well Wythy Hosp) and now living in Daventry, Northamptonshire.

Altyroo

« Reply #61 on: September 13, 2010, 04:58:26 PM »

Born at withington hosp feb 69. Lived in Timperley till i was 23, then on to wythenshawe, Brooklands, Baguley, Northern Moor and now for the last 6 years here in Sunny(ha) Rhyl. Miss going to moss lane regularly. Only get back once or twice. Need to make more effort. Lets turn things around and get a bloody win under our belts.

cornishrobin

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 13, 2010, 08:03:26 PM »

grandad was the groundsman at lineotype(remember the ground anyone), mother altrincham lass, father cames from irlam, they live in milton keynes now
gone from mk to pompy then cornwall following work.
spent summer holidays in alty/irlam

Altyant

« Reply #63 on: September 13, 2010, 09:00:48 PM »

Born in Withington Hospital and lived in the Chorlton area for many years. I used to visit my grandad at weekends and he used to bring myself and my brother to home games. I didnt move into the Altrincham area until 1993.

Alfa Romeo

« Reply #64 on: September 13, 2010, 09:12:04 PM »

Born in Sale, moved to Hale when I was 6 and started going to Moss Lane with my Dad and brothers after we discovered it's existence from attending a fireworkws display there! Moved to Wilmslow 4 years later and been there ever since apart from a year in Newcastle (where I tried to take my mind off missing Alty by watching Gateshead!) and 8 months in Macclesfield (where I definitely did NOT ever watch the enemy)

Cheadle Hulme Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 13, 2010, 10:43:52 PM »

Born in some private hospital thingy in Bowdon 58 years ago today!! 6 months in Timperley then the rest of the time in Cheadle Hulme with brief spells in Wilmslow, Handforth and Cheadle. Think my dad first took me to a game in 1961 and watched all through the rubbish and then the Swindells years before a mate at school got me to watch City in 1967, which turned out to be a pretty good time to do so and was at Newcastle to see them win the league!! Back at Alty in the early 70's and then missed all the good stuff by watching City again lates 70's early 80's!!! Started again in 1994 and season ticket holder for a few years now and eldest daughter is 4th generation of family to watch the Robins.......grandad being club secretary from 1930 to 1948 according to the clock on our fireplace!!

York Alty

« Reply #66 on: September 13, 2010, 11:15:18 PM »

I was born in Colwyn Bay, though I don't remember much as I was young at the time.  A few months in London, years in Knutsford,  more years in Hale...then I moved out...Preston, Bristol, Leeds and now York.  Add in a few trips to India and Pakistan (wonderful country) between that lot.

First game was at home to Scabbyboro in 1979.  Still got family in the Alty area but it's very hard finding time to get to many games.

ALTY FC.

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 14, 2010, 07:45:31 AM »

Ireland, Wythenshawe, Timperley (23 years) Uganda, South Africa (23 years) Redhill (for last 5 years)
Alty fan since 1963/4 season

taxi Phil

« Reply #68 on: September 14, 2010, 08:53:37 AM »

Ireland, Wythenshawe, Timperley (23 years) Uganda, South Africa (23 years) Redhill (for last 5 years)
Alty fan since 1963/4 season

A good time to start ! We were great to watch back then.

(S)ALTY

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 14, 2010, 10:03:27 AM »

Bloody Hell reading this thread is like a who's who of the Alty faithful.

OK for my two penneth' - Born in Great Harwood (near Blackburn) but moved to Ulverston before I can remember. Back to north Manchester (Worsley) in 1966 until Polytechnic in Nottingham for 5 great years when Cloughie and Forest (and Notts CCC) were at their peak. Moved to Timperley 21 years ago.

Followed the Robins intermittently when possible in between having a season ticket at Old Trafford and watching Great Harwood Town until giving up around the time the Glaziers took over and Great Harwood went tits up a few years ago. 

Now one of the faithful with a season ticket and even taken to attending the occasional away match.

Love it !

The wife thinks it's sad for a man of my age- But women ? they never get the message   - After all what else is there to do on a Saturday afternoon ?

MadFrankie

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 14, 2010, 10:32:19 AM »

born in Macclesfield maternity hospital 1964

Globby, if we'd have known this then you'd never have been allowed into London Alty. Some things are best kept secret aren't they.
Is this the way to Mickleover
I'd rather go there than Dover

Jacko

« Reply #71 on: September 14, 2010, 10:36:47 AM »

Since I started this I better contribute,cheers everyone its a great read , born whythenshaw, bought up in sale moor until 7, when noved to ridgeway road alty, was there for 24 years now have a babygirl who went to her first alty match last month just 3 months old!  Now northern moor,..... clubs include fc columbo of Sri lanka, ulan bata of Mongolia, ladybarn and bricklayers arms of the alty Sunday league, well travelled but no honours:)
« Last Edit: September 14, 2010, 10:43:06 AM by Jacko »

DT

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 14, 2010, 10:47:28 AM »

Born in Wythenshawe, moved to Stretford when I married Mrs T. Then off to Belgium for three years before returning to the UK and Altrincham (Timperley) 23 years ago! I have been supporting Alty since 1974 when my brother-in-law Phil convinced me to come and have a look at Alty, not looked back since!

roytonmike

« Reply #73 on: September 14, 2010, 10:48:13 AM »

Born & brought up Sale - first Alty game v Fleetwood Oct 68 (1-1 draw!). Uni in Norwich, so didn't see that much of Alty 72-76 (tho' I did see Everton games!). Lived in Congleton 77-81, Royton (which for the uninitiated is between Oldham & Rochdale - aka between the devil & the deep blue sea?) 82 to date.

ManagementGuru

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 14, 2010, 11:16:51 AM »

Born in Park Hospital davyhulme, lived Willowtree Road Hale, Arthog Road Hale, New Zealand (69-72), Arthog Road til '80, London til 86, Sittingbourne Kent til 90, Paris til 92, Harrow till 99 and Buckinghamshire since.

Surprised nobody was born in Southfields Maternity in Bowdon my sister(63) and two brothers (66 and 68) were; and my mum was a midwife there.  My first match watching Alty after NZ was a dash from Southfields to Moss Lane after the brith of my cousin.  We beat lancaster 5-2 and a young but talented 16 year old was getting stick from the fans everytime some Clogger booted him 6 foot in the air.  It was the first time in my life I heard the famous "Bloody Hell Heathcote" which has echoed around Moss Lane ever since.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 alty born and bred?