PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 alty born and bred?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: alty born and bred?  (Read 46080 times)

robins1978

Re: alty born and bred?
« Reply #45 on: September 13, 2010, 11:02:35 AM »

Born in Warrington, brought up in Lymm, been Alty fan and follower since 1978 when went to my first game with "Uncle Roy" (RIP). Now live in Baguley with wife (Timperley lass) and 2 kiddies. Been working at Alty as volunteer for last 7 or so years too since moved to Baguley. Alty is the only team I am passionate about although I will watch any football live or otherwise. Mum wouldnt let me go to Wembley in 1978 - said I was too young, but went in '82 & '86.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2010, 11:04:11 AM by robins1978 »

Longman

« Reply #46 on: September 13, 2010, 11:09:49 AM »

Born in Wythenshawe, lived most of my life in Lymm.

joe

« Reply #47 on: September 13, 2010, 11:35:45 AM »

sinderland maternity was there until at least 1971

I can confirm that, although Joe was born in Wythenshawe Hospital in 1974, he spent most of the first week of his life at Sinderland (by then known as Gibson House) as it was downgraded to a home for new mothers/babies. I wonder if he actually knew that ? !

By the time our Rick arrived three years later it had been closed.

As for me.....born Hull 1947, moved to Timperley 1949, first game at Moss Lane 1953 (we lost to bloody Vics !), educated Stamford Park and Alty Grammar, three year exile in Sutton Coldfield 1970-3, then lived in Hale, Timperley, Newall Green till 1999. After a disastrous year with a mad woman in Irlam, I came back to Sale, then Baguley. Moved to Stretford two years ago. I've lived within 15 minutes of the ground for 56 of my almost 63 years !

I didn't actually know that!  Spent my early life in Hale before moving to Welshpool for a couple of years at the back end of primary school. Returned to live in Timperley in 1986 and  since leaving school have moved around like the littlest hobo! Timperley,Stretford,Hale,Timperley,Urmston,Stretford,Gorton,Sale,Hale,Stretford,Urmston and now hopefully settled in Blackley!

Dougals Dad

« Reply #48 on: September 13, 2010, 11:56:39 AM »

I can confirm that, although Joe was born in Wythenshawe Hospital in 1974, he spent most of the first week of his life at Sinderland (by then known as Gibson House) as it was downgraded to a home for new mothers/babies. I wonder if he actually knew that ? !

As for me.....born Hull 1947, moved to Timperley 1949, first game at Moss Lane 1953 (we lost to bloody Vics !), educated Stamford Park and Alty Grammar, three year exile in Sutton Coldfield 1970-3, then lived in Hale, Timperley, Newall Green till 1999. After a disastrous year with a mad woman in Irlam, I came back to Sale, then Baguley. Moved to Stretford two years ago. I've lived within 15 minutes of the ground for 56 of my almost 63 years !

I didn't actually know that!  Spent my early life in Hale before moving to Welshpool for a couple of years at the back end of primary school. Returned to live in Timperley in 1986 and  since leaving school have moved around like the littlest hobo! Timperley,Stretford,Hale,Timperley,Urmston,Stretford,Gorton,Sale,Hale,Stretford,Urmston and now hopefully settled in Blackley!

Hands up who immediately thought of the theme music!

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 13, 2010, 12:02:51 PM »

Y'all ready for this....born in Macclesfield maternity hospital 1964 to Irish parents....in my defence neither I, nor my parents had much say in the matter....thankfully only there for a day. Brought up in Mere (not the posh bit) and lived there for 19 years, then Leeds, Hull,  Preston, Hull, Leeds, Bournemouth, London, Leeds, Wexford (Ireland) where I've now been living for the last seven years and will be for the forseeable future.

Been supporting Alty for about 32 years now.

Like OGC Alty, the only things I miss about the UK are friends and the Alty. I get over to see matches when time and money allow
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

Jenga

« Reply #50 on: September 13, 2010, 12:10:47 PM »

Borning in Wythenshawe Hospital and lived in Timperely for 40 years since birth.

Is there life outside Timperely?

beaker141

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 13, 2010, 12:42:07 PM »

Born and Bred in Blackpool for 24 years, then Stockport for 7 and now Timperley for the last 4 due to the wife being a Timperley local.

There seems to be a few with Blackpool connections on here! I might have followed Blackpool but my dad never let me go due to all the football trouble there used to be in the 80's etc. I'm righting the error of his ways by getting my lads to support Alty actively.

daisy

« Reply #52 on: September 13, 2010, 12:49:09 PM »

Born in Wythenshawe, lived on Northenden Road until I was 2, then moved to Worcester until I was 6, then Nottingham. Uni in York, Nottingham, Bury, Nottingham and in 3 weeks I will add Northampton to the list. Went to my first match when I was a month old.

Stan Hibbert

« Reply #53 on: September 13, 2010, 12:54:58 PM »

Born in Wythenshawe then moved to live in Barney's bin so I'd never miss a match. I've been living there since the early 80's.

By the way, whoever keeps throwing half full cans of coke in the bin will you please stop it as it takes me ages to dry my sheets.

finnquark

« Reply #54 on: September 13, 2010, 12:59:44 PM »

Live in Old Trafford and at uni down south

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 13, 2010, 02:01:11 PM »

By the way, whoever keeps throwing half full cans of coke in the bin will you please stop it as it takes me ages to dry my sheets.

There's worse than that gone in there.
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 13, 2010, 02:03:54 PM »

Born in Sinderland lane maternity hospital Broadheath 1952,lived on the broomwoond then in bold street,a short spell in Austrailia nd New Zealand,back to Bath street Alty then the broomwood until i got married.Lived in Hale and Alty till i moved to Devon in 1977,watched and supported Alty since the 1960s (wrexham fa cup ) was my first game.Still get to watch Alty at least once a season and supporting em in other ways(between me and the club)
Ray it was Ronnie Taylor i remember him
« Last Edit: September 13, 2010, 02:08:39 PM by hsmith1 »
Harold

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 13, 2010, 02:06:39 PM »

Alty born and bred, still live in Alty, and apart from when at Uni never lived anywhere else and dont want to ;D

Heffer

« Reply #58 on: September 13, 2010, 03:57:03 PM »

You could still be born there in 1974 as I was!

Heffer

« Reply #59 on: September 13, 2010, 03:58:31 PM »

Born in Hale, near enough to the ground so I could open the front door and see if they were training from the lights on that big tower.  If they were, I'd pop down and see what was happening.

Moved to Broadheath, Timperley and now Chorlton.

Blackpool - my auntie lived on the corner of Poplar Ave and Ashton for many years..

If she lived at No.2 Poplar I know who you mean. One of my mates lived at No.4

I lived on Ashton for 14 years!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 alty born and bred?