PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 alty born and bred?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7

Author Topic: alty born and bred?  (Read 46075 times)

Number23

• Regular First Team
  • 23 of 100
    • View Profile
Re: alty born and bred?
« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2010, 08:22:55 AM »

Born in the midlands but parents moved to Hale in 1960 when I was 18 months old. Left when I was 18.

Was taken to my first Alty game by the next door neighbour when I was about 8 or 9 - in the days of Jackie Swindles - and I was hooked.

Live on the south coast now and don't get to nearly enough games.

Narcissist

« Reply #31 on: September 13, 2010, 08:29:01 AM »

Born and bred Timperley near Hare and Hounds, so just popped across the golf course for Moss Lane.

Lived in Liverpool and Warrington after that and now holed up in France.

Miss Alty dearly at times but only for two things, my mates and Alty FC. Not sure i'll ever grace UK shores on a full-time basis again, but i'll always make it to Moss Lane when I can!

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 13, 2010, 08:39:21 AM »

Born in Withington Hospital in 1976. Lived in Stretford until I was 7, and then in Sale since then (26 years).

Jezza

« Reply #33 on: September 13, 2010, 08:56:15 AM »

born in manchester hospital, brought up in sale, hale barns, wilmslow now back living in sale via baguley...how the mighty have fallen!

seasonticket

« Reply #34 on: September 13, 2010, 09:04:44 AM »

Born in Altrincham 1941 (In bed with my mother). 1967 moved to Broadheath, been there eversince. First Alty game first season playing after the war think it was 1946/47. Have no idea who the opposition where. Then, as now, only interested in Alty. We used to play in red and white quarted shirts then.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 13, 2010, 09:31:27 AM »

Born in Alty... Urban Drive in 1953.. started watching Alty with my Dad around 1959/60.. I was Alty's first Mascot in about 62/63 ish ..

Joined the Army in 69 and always watched Alty when on leave where possible...

Have lived in Germany Belize, Belguim. Scotland and various places in South England (Yukkk). Moved to Shrewsbury in 91 for my last two years in the Army  and decided to settle there purely to give the kids some stability in there education..

Have watched various local teams within my area whilst travelling...   Watched Shrewsbury for a couple of seasons but could never get them in my heart. Thats the reason I travel to ML ... Hardly ever miss a home game of any description. We now go to more away fixtures  whenever possible...

Years ago when Alty trained on the pitches at the bottom of Urban Drive.. I used to give the then Alty Right Winger (Think his name was Ronnie Taylor) a cross bar on my bike down to training) he always got a bollocking from the coach  :D

Happy days....

Cmon Alty ...

PS Sinderland Maternity Hospy sounds a fkn busy place  :D

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 13, 2010, 09:35:14 AM »

Born in Hale, near enough to the ground so I could open the front door and see if they were training from the lights on that big tower.  If they were, I'd pop down and see what was happening.

Moved to Broadheath, Timperley and now Chorlton.

Blackpool - my auntie lived on the corner of Poplar Ave and Ashton for many years..

If she lived at No.2 Poplar I know who you mean. One of my mates lived at No.4

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 13, 2010, 09:36:19 AM »

Born in Alty... Urban Drive in 1953.. started watching Alty with my Dad around 1959/60.. I was Alty's first Mascot in about 62/63 ish ..

Have lived in Germany Belize, Belguim. Scotland and various places in South England (Yukkk). Moved to Shrewsbury in 91 for my last two years in the Army  and decided to settle there purely to give the kids some stability in there education..

Have watched various local teams within my area whilst travelling...   Watched Shrewsbury for a couple of seasons but could never get them in my heart. Thats the reason I travel to ML ... Hardly ever miss a home game of any description. We now go to more away fixtures  whenever possible...

Years ago when Alty trained on the pitches at the bottom of Urban Drive.. I used to give the then Alty Right Winger (Think his name was Ronnie Taylor) a cross bar on my bike down to training) he always got a bollocking from the coach  :D

Happy days....

Cmon Alty ...

Must have been a right mucky lot  ;D

ASMO

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • oxfords barbers
« Reply #38 on: September 13, 2010, 09:44:13 AM »

Born in Sale , now live in Timperley , Used to watch Alty in the late sixties,with dad and brother , who was the mascot in those days , started to watch again 6 seasons ago , with my 2 boys , one of my boys i Harry who takes photo's  and posts them on forum.

Dougals Dad

« Reply #39 on: September 13, 2010, 09:44:38 AM »

Happy days....

Cmon Alty ...

Must have been a right mucky lot  ;D

All those power cuts in the 60s & early 70s!

brian1925

« Reply #40 on: September 13, 2010, 09:51:37 AM »

Spent my entire childhood in Stretford. Lived all round the world since, but now based in Ormskirk.

thegazelle

« Reply #41 on: September 13, 2010, 09:56:34 AM »

Born Blackpool to Altrincham parents who brought me home age 8 lived in hale 30 years and then got travel bug lived in delhi and accra and unfortunatly Knighton Wales now back in accra and currently on hols in Thailand. very depressed with current alty situation

VofD

« Reply #42 on: September 13, 2010, 10:36:51 AM »

HAMILTON >>>LONDON>>>ALTRINCHAM (since 1984)

ALTYGAL

« Reply #43 on: September 13, 2010, 10:43:15 AM »

Born sinderland hosp 64 - live stockport since 95

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 13, 2010, 10:46:47 AM »

"I was born and raised,I was born and raised,I was born and raised in Compton"
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team