News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Alty ignored by premier sports

Author Topic: Alty ignored by premier sports  (Read 4182 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: September 17, 2010, 02:14:24 PM »

Laughable,but predictable, most other clubs now are involved in a live match including such delights as histon v bath and southport v kidderminster.Not a great suprise considering weve never even had a representative of the leagues sponsor have the good grace to come to moss lane,so why would the tv company bother.We didnt get our contracted live home game from setanta,and now we have been passed over again.What an absolute disgrace.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Alty ignored by premier sports
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2010, 02:16:26 PM »

But, sadly, not a surprise.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2010, 02:21:34 PM »

And tamworth want to move our game there on sat 4th dec to the sunday cos they are on tv on the thursday before i suggest we say no

fuertes

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2010, 03:04:09 PM »

And tamworth want to move our game there on sat 4th dec to the sunday cos they are on tv on the thursday before i suggest we say no

I quite agree. We're not here to do anyone else any favours.

Are they paying one-off fees for showing games? If not, I couldn't give a f**k whether we're on telly, since all it'll mean is moving the game to an awkward day/time and no financial reward (and perhaps a hit on the attendance).

I think Premier Sports might be anticipating our involvement in a crucial relegation playoff late in the season, so are holding back until such a time.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2010, 03:49:02 PM »

I quite agree. We're not here to do anyone else any favours.

Are they paying one-off fees for showing games? If not, I couldn't give a f**k whether we're on telly, since all it'll mean is moving the game to an awkward day/time and no financial reward (and perhaps a hit on the attendance).

I think Premier Sports might be anticipating our involvement in a crucial relegation playoff late in the season, so are holding back until such a time.

Why would mid-table Alty versus some relegation fodder be attractive to the neutrals?  ;)
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2010, 04:12:26 PM »

We got a mention in the Daily Mail today though, well Moss Lane, Altrincham's ground did courtesy of that 7ish million pound duck egg playing for the rags reserves.

Funny how you can see\scan a page full of words but certain ones just stick out and draw attention..

Hotel booked and ready for tomo... COME ON THE ROBINS

Heffer

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2010, 12:53:36 AM »

I would of thought that Luton would want to move their game here on sat 13th Nov back to, as they on tv thur 11th Nov at Wrexham?

Heffer

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2010, 12:58:22 AM »

Laughable,but predictable, most other clubs now are involved in a live match including such delights as histon v bath and southport v kidderminster.Not a great suprise considering weve never even had a representative of the leagues sponsor have the good grace to come to moss lane,so why would the tv company bother.We didnt get our contracted live home game from setanta,and now we have been passed over again.What an absolute disgrace.

But were glad of this arent we? No money in this Premier Sports deal, would only hit us on the gate by having to play on a Thursday night if we were on.

I am glad none of our games have been selected, and hope we dont get any all season!

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2010, 05:04:07 AM »

What a surprise. We only featured 4 times over 2 seasons on Setanta and only one home game.
So we still get money from theTV Sponsorship deal if we are not televised?
I see the games are being shown on Setanta in Ireland.
I wont be subscribing.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2010, 07:54:22 AM »

Two words basically >>>> f**k em

Derek Stubbs

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • thesatmanfootballtv.co.uk
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2010, 09:07:32 AM »

We had Toquay TV , now we LTFC.tv

bigcol

« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2010, 09:19:25 AM »

Just sums up how this league works: either sign up to a deal with the major broadcaster who has both integrity and is free to air, red button & iPlayer, or sign up to a channel literally at the bottom of the sky 'sports' section who have no subscribers.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team