PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 There is a chance
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: There is a chance  (Read 4770 times)

casper

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: There is a chance
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2010, 11:16:13 PM »

Let's pretend your are a bookie and have AFC down as a club who will finish 19th /20th this season (my prediction in the closed season.......forget play-offs!). What odds would you have given so far

Luton, Crawley, York.........no chance
Darlo & Mansfield at home.............likely to lose, may scrape a draw
Southport away........likely draw
Kiddie.........likely a draw
Gateshead......home win would edge it

At best then 4 points
If you go into a match with that kind of mindset - you will lose the games. After 8 games, you would have us on 2 points. So, not really good enough for the start of season. Yeah, the league is tough. Its hardly new news, weve known that for the last five years. Weve got a squad, i think, capable of doing 100% better than they are now. Ultimately, its down to the manager to inspire the lads. Something, that is hardly going to happen when he sulks throughout a match.

I am not saying the players should go into any game thinking they will lose...you are quite correct, there is no place for that and any footballer that approaches the game that way should be left at home.

I am trying to stay optimistic and want to highlight that in my opinion our disasterous start, is in part, due to playing some pretty tough fixtures - fixtures the pundits and bookies would have given us little chance in anyway. If we had already played, Hayes, Bath, Histon etc at home then I would be devastated with our start - as it is, I'm just pi$$ed off!
I dont think you can get away from the fact that if we turn up against the likes of Hayes, Bath and Histon playing the way we are, we will be lucky to come away with a draw. Some of the games, on paper, looked hard, but many fans may not question the end result, but more of the performances involved.
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 There is a chance