News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 12 years ago....

Author Topic: 12 years ago....  (Read 1726 times)

taxi Phil

12 years ago....
« on: September 12, 2010, 10:44:13 AM »

......in 1998/99 (as John Laidlar's match report reminds me) we started the season without a win in 8 games, and went on to win the Unibond.

Now I've not been at the whisky, and I'm not on drugs, so I don't remotely imagine that lightning is about to strike twice ! But, that DOES show that it is still actually early enough to get our act together and get out of the mire. I firmly believe that we'll need major changes if we're to achieve this, but there's no reason why we can't get things in tidier order by Xmas and then still be capable of pulling clear in the New Year. I'm still thinking at this moment that we're going down (if things DON'T change it's a near certainty) but I won't in my heart of hearts give up on us till the maths say we're doomed.

FORZA ALTY !

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
Re: 12 years ago....
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2010, 10:45:50 AM »

That team was one of the better in the league though and had money spent on it, we were expected to do well and then achieved it in the typical Alty hard way :)

taxi Phil

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2010, 10:51:48 AM »

That team was one of the better in the league though and had money spent on it, we were expected to do well and then achieved it in the typical Alty hard way :)

That's why I don't expect a miracle - but I just want to believe in the possible. It's my comfort blanket !

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2010, 10:54:08 AM »

Mine was listening to 'Fanfare for the common man' last night .. We all have our own ways  :) :)

taxi Phil

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2010, 11:13:19 AM »

Mine was listening to 'Fanfare for the common man' last night .. We all have our own ways  :) :)

Think I'll go and dig out MY Emerson Lake & Palmer CD's this week. Still one of the best live bands I ever saw !
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 12 years ago....