PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 The last days of Rome......
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: The last days of Rome......  (Read 23939 times)

fuertes

Re: The last days of Rome......
« Reply #75 on: September 05, 2010, 12:56:42 PM »

All this talk about us already being relegated really is starting to piss me off......... >:(

Ok you can post the league tables etc etc  The best way to help is to come to the games bring a mate and that way more money is generated.... Coming on here moaning about big investments isnt going to help unless you actually want to invest in the club or know some bugger who is genuinely interested in investing in the club

Cmon Alty

I agree. Very premature. We were better than the opposition yesterday and were robbed. We've got more winnable fixtures coming up. Things can change very quickly in football.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 05, 2010, 01:14:17 PM »

Is our present run entirely down to a lack of investment? Sure, we have limited funds and have suffered numerous injuries, but you've got to remember that poor decisions have been made involving player recruitment. Strange substitutions continue to be made at strange times in matches and there are still a couple of players at the club who seem to have 'disappeared'. Anyone who has seen our performances lately will inevitably scent relegation - we have been woeful. Fans have a right to voice their concerns, particularly if they pay £13 each week to watch the team play. We need to cling to the hope that the improvement we showed yesterday will continue into the next match.

When your bringing in players for free there is always the chance some of them may not cut the mustard....

one of the things that any manager has the right to expect is that they turn up to pre season in a reasonable state of fitness... That obviously wasnt the case with a majority of new players this time.

As I posted on another topic the reason behind two of the subs yesterday, namely Welch and Crowell was solely down to tiredness..  Injuries to our squad are magnified basically due to the small size of the squad.....

I totally agree that ALL fans have a right to voice there opinion especially if they are paying customers at the turnstiles.... As one of those said fans I have simply voiced my opinion and I stick by that..

I am still of the opinion that all is not doom and gloom after just 23 days of a new season.

andrewflynn

« Reply #77 on: September 05, 2010, 02:21:40 PM »

I am still of the opinion that all is not doom and gloom after just 23 days of a new season.
Exactly. Although I understand the reaction to the things GH said on Thursday, now is not the time to be pessimistic. Long way to go, and the next run of games are real six pointers.. Lets show some optimism and maybe the players will begin to mirror it on the pitch.

markecky

« Reply #78 on: September 05, 2010, 02:25:46 PM »

I wasn't too disheartened with yesterday other than the fact we got no points off a God awful side. 

They have just as much to worry about as us over the next few months I would say, and their forum reflects that.

I just want to know we are all in this together and the fight and ambition is there to stay up.

I'm trying to sort the money to get to Gateshead as we speak, there is no "we're relegated" talk from me.

chesteralty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 05, 2010, 03:06:55 PM »

Would Michael Twiss have scored one or more of those chances that we missed in the second half?
If the answer is yes, then there is definitely still hope.
It's going to be a long 8 months if we give up now!!!

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 05, 2010, 03:25:09 PM »

Think it is Gaelic for Our day will come
i like garlic.
you watch we will be unbeaten between now and the end of the season and those shouting about religation will be saying told you we could do well :P
Harold

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 05, 2010, 10:55:11 PM »

Would Michael Twiss have scored one or more of those chances that we missed in the second half?If the answer is yes, then there is definitely still hope.
It's going to be a long 8 months if we give up now!!!

If he had turned up in a half decent state fitness wise when we played Woodley Sports / Nantwich etc then yes he probably would have scored yesterday...

As it stands he is still not fit (and yes I realise that he did get injured against Tranmere.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2010, 10:57:00 PM by distancetraveller »

taxi Phil

« Reply #82 on: September 05, 2010, 11:13:19 PM »

As it stands he is still not fit (and yes I realise that he did get injured against Tranmere.

If he'd been fit in the first place, it wouldn't be taking so long for him to get over the bloody injury ! When we first signed him I posted the words "class is permanent". Unfortunately, fitness isn't.

John W

« Reply #83 on: September 05, 2010, 11:20:10 PM »

As things are going, GH may have to bite the bullet and give Twiss ssoem extended game time and a run of games so he can get fit.  If he doesn't we have a liability on our books for 2 years.  Short term pain for 5 games or so for long term gain.  We know from his days with Morecambe in the BSP that he knows where goal is.

D.A. ALTY

• Regular First Team
  • ALTY F.C TILL I FUKIN DIE
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 06, 2010, 01:44:01 AM »

if twiss is on a two year contract, why arnt some of our BETTER players , contracted, to stop any further poaching in january ?

bigcol

« Reply #85 on: September 06, 2010, 07:28:18 AM »

Any option of sending him on a month's loan to Ashton or Trafford?

taxi Phil

« Reply #86 on: September 06, 2010, 08:16:22 AM »

Any option of sending him on a month's loan to Ashton or Trafford?

He wouldn't get a gig at Ashton ahead of Lee Steele.

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 06, 2010, 12:45:02 PM »

So, it sounds like we were a little unfortunate to get nothing from the Kiddy game and points have been lost in other games due to late goals. My question would be to those who were there, did GH look any more interested on Saturday or did he still look dejected and without enthusiasm?

It saddens me to read of current goings on and I fail to see how a man who appears to have no belief in most of his squad and lack of enthusiasm for the task in hand can ever hope to motivate that same squad to go out and win matches. At the very least, to vocalise these internal thoughts in such a public way was a BIG PR mistake, at worst it threatens to de-motivate the whole club and lead is into freefall. Lets say your  manager at work holds a meeting to inform you all that he no longer enjoys his job, that he thinks most of you are not up to the job and that anyway the company is at best heading down a cul-de-sac and the very best any of us can hope for is complete stagnation. Are you likely to leave the office in a positive frame of mind? Look forward to the next challenge? Give your very best for the 'company'?

Whatever GH's reasons for his current malaise, be they personal or otherwise, this can not possibly be allowed to continue. I will be the first to admit that he excelled in what he achieved for the club last season when I and others had previously thought that he was done. He helped us punch way above our weight. However, when there were calls for his head way back when, he came out fighting, determined and motivated.....this does not seem like the same man. Maybe he is re-assessing what he values in life and nobody could blame him for that. Maybe he has tired of aiming for survival, with little or no chance of setting his sights higher and thus thwarting any sense of ambition that he may have had...again no blame there.

An integral part of a successful setup in football is motivation and confidence and the man at the helm definitely needs to display both in abundance. It would be very sad for a man who has given so much to go out with a whimper after a season in freefall. Whatever the answer, gardening leave, permanent leave, whatever? We need a man in charge who is firmly committed and motivated.

Surely the outlook is not so bleak? It is very early and whilst we have lost some players, I find it hard to believe that so many of the current squad are not up to the task at hand. It is sad that the way things are we can not hope for anything much better than mid-table survival and maybe a good cup run, but such is the lot of many a club who cut their cloth in an affordable manner. I am sure that most of us on here would be more than happy with just that.

I haven't been on here for a while for a whole host of reasons and attempting to follow all things Alty from another country is somewhat less than satisfactory, but the heart is still firmly rooted in a Moss Lane field that will be forever Alty. Suffering severe withdrawal from lack of live match action, but hoping to get over for a few this season where I sincerely hope to see a club and team clearly motivated and battling for everything.

COME ON ALTY.

It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

joe

« Reply #88 on: September 06, 2010, 01:09:30 PM »

Quality post Uncle G!

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 06, 2010, 01:13:13 PM »

Tbh, I'm stunned we haven't had any sort of comment from the club regarding GH's intentions. There wasn't even a Heathcote column in this week's programme, just a reprint of a report from the SAM. How can they club/GH expect the players and fans to be positive after we've been left hanging following last week's fan's forum.

It's not good enough.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 The last days of Rome......