PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 The last days of Rome......
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: The last days of Rome......  (Read 23952 times)

jamestimperleyrobin

Re: The last days of Rome......
« Reply #45 on: September 03, 2010, 07:48:57 PM »

Graham's not leaving but Geoff Goodwin is.

jamestimperleyrobin

« Reply #46 on: September 03, 2010, 07:58:30 PM »

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 03, 2010, 09:09:06 PM »

I didnt attend the meeting last night because i have attended so many and they usually turn into the Graham Heathcote show. From what I have read last night was no different, howeverit sounds like an absolute car crash. In my opinion the manager's position is untenable, I fail to understand how a player is going to be motivated by a manager that publicly slags them off and is also looking for a way out. As Ecky says from a PR perspective as well it is an own goal - how are people going to flock to watch a team even the manager has given up on? I hope no directors were present last night because if they were it clearly highlights who is in charge of the Club. This problem was created 7 years ago and although GH has had great success in charge the escape plan for boths sides was always going to be a treacherous one. Graham Heathcote needs to change his attitude soon or walk out the door. Yours a baffled Season ticket holder, Shareholder and Supporter of almost 20 years.

baldrick

« Reply #48 on: September 03, 2010, 09:12:28 PM »

Looks like a good time to lump on Kidderminster at 6/4

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 03, 2010, 09:23:16 PM »

I? I hope no directors were present last night because if they were it clearly highlights who is in charge of the Club.

There was only one board member who wasn't in attendance but what i did find strange that they didn't sit with him at the table as they normally do.
@AltyDaz

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 03, 2010, 11:57:11 PM »

As an exile I don't normally see the home/northern aways but as it was Bank Holiday weekend I caught both York and Mansfield.

Mansfield was absolutely shocking. It was like watching us in 2005-06 when we regularly got a shoeing our first year back up, except without the team spirit. A common feature for both York and Mansfield was GH looked a beaten man, arms folded against the dugout and it Kenny Mc doing all the geeing up, instructions. If you were watching both games and hadn't seen us before you would have assumed Ken Mc and not GH was the manager.

There is a definite end of an era feel about the club at the moment, possibly on and off the pitch. We have swum against the tide in this leage for the last 5 years and if Graham has had enough I for one would not blame him. As others have said though the Board must put the club first and if that means a new manager then so be it. I do not want us to wave the white flag and drift back down to another 10 years of nothingness in the Conference North without putting up a fight.

Jacko

« Reply #51 on: September 04, 2010, 12:10:20 AM »

I think the main thing was when he said he wants to be given the chance to win a match! Basically that says to me the club hasn't got the pulling power to attract players that can compete in the bsp, we got lucky with youngy etc , so what happens now? Relegation followed by a change of manager then a few seasons in bsn is my bet
« Last Edit: September 04, 2010, 12:14:22 AM by Jacko »

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 04, 2010, 12:27:19 AM »

I? I hope no directors were present last night because if they were it clearly highlights who is in charge of the Club.

There was only one board member who wasn't in attendance but what i did find strange that they didn't sit with him at the table as they normally do.

Darren,

I may be wrong but it was my understanding that GH had always intended to undertake this Fans' Forum alone, a decision made even before the Mansfield debacle on Bank Holiday Monday.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

fuertes

« Reply #53 on: September 04, 2010, 12:29:19 AM »

I think the main thing was when he said he wants to be given the chance to win a match! Basically that says to me the club hasn't got the pulling power to attract players that can compete in the bsp, we got lucky with youngy etc , so what happens now? Relegation followed by a change of manager then a few seasons in bsn is my bet

I just cannot accept that. We're the top part-time football club in this country. There should be a good amount of talent out there. Prime example being someone like Chris Denham who has turned down full-time deals to be with us.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 04, 2010, 12:31:29 AM »

As an exile I don't normally see the home/northern aways but as it was Bank Holiday weekend I caught both York and Mansfield.

Mansfield was absolutely shocking. It was like watching us in 2005-06 when we regularly got a shoeing our first year back up, except without the team spirit. A common feature for both York and Mansfield was GH looked a beaten man, arms folded against the dugout and it Kenny Mc doing all the geeing up, instructions. If you were watching both games and hadn't seen us before you would have assumed Ken Mc and not GH was the manager.

There is a definite end of an era feel about the club at the moment, possibly on and off the pitch. We have swum against the tide in this leage for the last 5 years and if Graham has had enough I for one would not blame him. As others have said though the Board must put the club first and if that means a new manager then so be it. I do not want us to wave the white flag and drift back down to another 10 years of nothingness in the Conference North without putting up a fight.

Spot on.

Do we really want to go to Redditch again?

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

jamestimperleyrobin

« Reply #55 on: September 04, 2010, 12:37:56 AM »

I just cannot accept that. We're the top part-time football club in this country. There should be a good amount of talent out there. Prime example being someone like Chris Denham who has turned down full-time deals to be with us.

yeah but that was for his tiling business

Jacko

« Reply #56 on: September 04, 2010, 01:04:24 AM »

I think it has to be accepted though fuertes, it has been well commented we have to wait till the later part of the transfer window to see what's left, it has to take its toll eventually, even with great lads like denham etc going part time, this league is basically an extension of the league 2 standard and crawleys spending is proving that 

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 04, 2010, 08:43:14 AM »

Darren,

I may be wrong but it was my understanding that GH had always intended to undertake this Fans' Forum alone, a decision made even before the Mansfield debacle on Bank Holiday Monday.

29th August www.altrincham fc .co.uk

Don't forget there is a Fans' Forum at 8pm on Thursday 2nd September in the Noel White Suite at Moss Lane. Everyone is welcome. The Club's management and board representatives will be on hand to answer your questions, so please come along and get the latest news.
@AltyDaz

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
The last days of rome
« Reply #58 on: September 04, 2010, 09:43:29 AM »

Are you being a little dim here about denham being part time with us cos of his tiling business? That's exactly the point! Also this season is the time to push the boat out rather than give up. There is a  very realistic possibility of either Macc or Stockport or indeed both playing in the BSP next season (York and Wrexham aren't going up either). Those two home games would surely have a combined attendance of 6-7,000? That's extra income of £75k, do we really want to be playing Droylsden on Boxing Day in front of 760 but patting ourselves on the back for living within our means so much. I for one wouldn't be able to face being there.

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 04, 2010, 12:28:21 PM »

I think ballers is dead right. We shouldn't just look forward to life in BSN. We may look back on this season in 5 years time and kick ourselves for not at least having a go.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 The last days of Rome......