PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Kidderminster Match Thread
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: Kidderminster Match Thread  (Read 18697 times)

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Kidderminster Match Thread
« Reply #90 on: September 04, 2010, 10:13:59 PM »

Obviously very disappointed with the result but we battled well and created quite a few decent chances. I saw enough today to suggest that once we get a win under our belt things could turn around quickly. The one worry for me is left side of defence.

Without sounding unneccesarily pessimistic can you honestly see where our next point is gonna come from let alone our next win?

How would you have phrased that question if you were being unnecessarily pessimistic?

(S)ALTY

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 04, 2010, 10:41:35 PM »

Obviously very disappointed with the result but we battled well and created quite a few decent chances. I saw enough today to suggest that once we get a win under our belt things could turn around quickly. The one worry for me is left side of defence.

Without sounding unneccesarily pessimistic can you honestly see where our next point is gonna come from let alone our next win?

How would you have phrased that question if you were being unnecessarily pessimistic?

Three points next week Gateshead away - Dead Cert

Followed by another three at Eastbourne and then another three at home to Barrow.

Followed by a point at home to Grimsby and three away at Kettering.

Simples ..............!!

bigcol

« Reply #92 on: September 05, 2010, 01:12:25 AM »

Gateshead are a lot worse off than us - they have the pressure and expectation of their cheque book waving. We'll be fine.

LUHG1878

« Reply #93 on: September 05, 2010, 08:58:18 PM »

Came along to this as niether MUFC or FCUM were playing. Gutted you's lost, could have gone either way really. Hopefully things will turn round soon.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 05, 2010, 09:10:30 PM »

Came along to this as niether MUFC or FCUM were playing. Gutted you's lost, could have gone either way really. Hopefully things will turn round soon.

cheers

markecky

« Reply #95 on: September 05, 2010, 09:12:47 PM »

Fair play to you.

Not the best advert for the Conference but at least a few chances, which is more than you would have seen in our other games.

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 05, 2010, 11:33:34 PM »

Followed by another three at Eastbourne and then another three at home to Barrow.

Simples ..............!!

I'm already looking forward to comparingthetables.com :D

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 06, 2010, 08:29:31 AM »

Simples ..............!!

I'm already looking forward to comparingthetables.com :D
[/b]

I knew I recognised you from the telly Flynnie  ;)

Harriers

« Reply #98 on: September 06, 2010, 06:37:47 PM »

Kiddy fan in peace.

We were awful, and you were much the same. A draw would have been the fair result in my opinion but I'm delighted we got the 3 points. Having said that I think we're both big relegation candidates and this fixture could easily be played in BSN next season.

The first half was probably the most boring 45 minutes I've ever seen and absolutely nothing happened except the one cross we had cleared off the line. The second half was a bit better because there were 3 goals. I think it tells a story when our two subs - Gittings and Blair - who are nowhere near Conference standard players (having been in the Southern League and fringe of Telford's side respectively last season), caused so many problems. Your goal was lucky but typical of our start to the season. It must be said that with a decent forward player you could have had 4 or 5. The penalty was very unlucky but we've had those given against us this season and these things tend to even themselves out.

I don't think I've ever been so angry after a win, but we were truly diabolical and any other BSP team could and would have knocked us for six. See you in BSN next year (if you don't get ANOTHER reprieve!)!

markecky

« Reply #99 on: September 06, 2010, 07:53:33 PM »

Thanks for that.

I don't suppose you could come round my house and kick me in the b**locks as well could you?

rick

« Reply #100 on: September 06, 2010, 07:58:21 PM »

I don't suppose you could come round my house and kick me in the b**locks as well could you?

ha ha ha that made me piss mate, i no were all down just made me laugh.

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #101 on: September 06, 2010, 11:55:44 PM »

Thanks for that.

Next Year ?? I was under the impression we were never gonna play you again when you got promoted all those years ago... We are honoured if we get 'another' chance  ;D ;D ;D.

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 07, 2010, 07:50:32 AM »

Thanks for that.

Next Year ?? I was under the impression we were never gonna play you again when you got promoted all those years ago... We are honoured if we get 'another' chance  ;D ;D ;D.
Just let it go gary, I still don't know what you would have done if you would have made it to all their fans :)
Bernard Taylors barmy army

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 07, 2010, 10:15:41 AM »

Bet you were even more gutted 24 hours later.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Kidderminster Match Thread