PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 dale johnson released
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: dale johnson released  (Read 15345 times)

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
dale johnson released
« on: September 01, 2010, 09:03:54 PM »

see main site

markecky

Re: dale johnson released
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2010, 09:08:55 PM »

Things needed to be shook up....fair play to GH for taking the decision to do it.

For me Dale showed flashes of brilliance and when it suited him was strong on the ball and good to watch.

Sadly we didnt see that often enough.  And in this league, you can't have players that do that if you want to survive.

roytonmike

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2010, 09:23:27 PM »

I'm not exactly surprised - when I saw that he wasn't in the 16 on Monday afternoon the thought did cross my mind that he could be on the way. What slightly perturbs me is the pretty clear inference that others may follow. As I understand it we can only acquire players who are free agents as of now; and players on loan from next week. How many departures does the management envisage, I wonder? Shame I can't be there tomorrow night to ask that question.

fuertes

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2010, 09:25:54 PM »

I can't believe this. I'll give GH the benefit of the doubt since I think he's earned it, but having been one of many who said for the entire second half of last season "if it was Dale in this side instead of McAliskey we'd be picking up more points", I'm very surprised we've released him. Very surprised.

Looks like GH really rates McCarthy if he's willing to let go of our only other forward with a bit of physicality.

andrewflynn

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2010, 09:29:38 PM »

Shocked. Although I've never been the biggest fan of Dale it was obvious he had talent and when on form could deliver. He was the only striker our long balls have ever really worked with, via physicality.. I hope GH knows what he's doing with this decision, cause I don't have a clue..

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2010, 09:30:13 PM »

This may or may not be the correct decision. But it makes me very sad.

We all know that he didn't score enough goals in the time he was with us but he was one of few Alty players in recent years that have made me think, from time to time, 'I bet the other lot wish he was playing for them'. At his best, he was a glorious player to watch and I will miss the hope of seeing more of that from him.

Good luck to Dale. I'd love to think he'll fulfil his considerable potential in the years to come.

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2010, 09:34:26 PM »

Good luck Dale
@AltyDaz

ArmchairAlty

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2010, 09:40:51 PM »

Quite surprised by this, but obviously a shake up is needed and GH cannot afford to wait around for players who are hit and miss.

I wish Dale all the best wherever he goes.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2010, 09:41:22 PM »

Lets hope we can jettison as many as possible and get some of the decent players that are still free agents out there onboard.There can be no room for sentiment,anyone who saw the games against southport york and mansfield could see that we simply arent good enough,and will get relegated if we dont make changes sooner rather than later.Good bye and good luck to dale but we need to change things quickly,and id bin anyone else not on contract aswell

fuertes

« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2010, 09:44:40 PM »

One thing I will say is that I heard a piece on BBC Radio today saying there are a record number of professional footballers without a club. Just as a couple of random examples, Barry Hayles and Jay DeMerit (who's just played in a World Cup) haven't been picked up yet.

If there are a couple of L2 standard players who haven't been signed up perhaps we can get ourselves a couple of good signings?

andrewflynn

« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2010, 09:55:44 PM »

As someone said in another topic the reason we did so well last year was because we put it in for the full 90 minutes, it's all good bringing in League Two standard players but we need to get some sort of core into our squad again and start playing as a unit; something we're evidently lacking at present.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2010, 10:06:43 PM »

Credit where it's due, GH is acting decisively to try and arrest the current abysmal run of form.

Only time will tell what happens, but at least he's trying his best to get us back on track. Difficult decisions are being made at present and it takes balls to do that.

Let's see what happens.......
Come on Alty!

jamestimperleyrobin

« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2010, 10:07:41 PM »

shocked, just shocked :O

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2010, 10:15:08 PM »

I am also shocked at the departure of Dale and agree with others that his consistency (NOT Committment)  was  questionable even prior to his injury.

I wasnt aware that clubs could still sign players who havent got a club after the deadline..

I also think that GH is shrewd enough to have somebody in mind to replace Dale, otherwise why let him go if you have nobody to replace him with especially as the season has barely got under way.

Interesting next couple of weeks at Altrincham FC both on and off the pitch..

Just as a matter of interest. Is there a website that any of you knowledgable folks are aware of that list the "Out of Work" players

Cmon Alty

Edited to say.... Best wishes Dale whoever you sign for......

« Last Edit: September 01, 2010, 10:23:24 PM by distancetraveller »

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2010, 10:17:30 PM »

My own personal opinion is that I think Dale should have been given this season to prove himself. I'm wondering if theres something else such as himself not being able to get fully fit which perhaps had GH mindset.

I know people say he didn't score enough, but for me Dale was a forward and NOT a striker, he did, on occasions do so much, and on others scored some great goals - the one at York probably stands out.

He looked well off the pace at Southport.

Just one more point, the transfer window is now closed and we are not able to 'sign' anyone, so what harm would it have done to keep him on the payroll ? Unless, of course the fitness and maybe the club he's signing for have had a bearing on the situation. Maybe a few questions will get asked tomorrow at the Fans Forum and will be posted.

Good luck anyway Dale
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 dale johnson released