PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Southport Match Thread
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Southport Match Thread  (Read 15246 times)

bigcol

Re: Southport Match Thread
« Reply #45 on: August 24, 2010, 09:37:22 PM »

:(

Bath Alty

« Reply #46 on: August 24, 2010, 09:37:59 PM »

grumble moan Aussie FA injuries poo move on

Back on here for Saturday

rafo

« Reply #47 on: August 24, 2010, 09:38:00 PM »

Oh Dear  :(

altyusa

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 24, 2010, 09:40:20 PM »

These late goals are absolutely killing us :-[  1 point from 12 :-\  We've had some tough games to start but we need to get a win on the board soon......

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 24, 2010, 09:41:42 PM »

Yeah isn't there some emergency registration thing that means Crowell will definitely be able to play on Saturday? York seem to be having a bit of a Play Off final hangover so lets hope it continues. To be honest though when you consider that we already had 10 points this time last season it's already looking like an uphill struggle. I shall be there though on Saturday, come on Alty.

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 24, 2010, 09:52:06 PM »

Well this is a bleak moment. I hope all those people predicting a top ten finish and the like are feeling suitably foolish. Looking at the opening run of fixtures though and considering the loss of Senior and, in particular, Young, it's not all that surprising. Then again, failing to secure the win against Darlington is starting to look like a massive setback. The next two games don't look too pretty to me either, so I fear we may be down near the bottom for a while.

But it's clearly too soon for doom and gloom. I think a lot's going to depend on us having our usual good run of results in the autumn - and there are plenty of reasons to think we might: the midweek games will have finished for a while, the new players will have had time to gel, while other players should have got their fitness levels up to speed by then. Also, our fixtures in that period look easier on paper and, who knows, we may even have better luck with injuries (and the Australian FA).

So let's stay behind the lads and the management team. There are better days ahead.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2010, 11:32:07 PM by Leon »

traffordladz

« Reply #51 on: August 24, 2010, 10:08:26 PM »

come on alty show your fighting spirit botom of  the league. not a good start graham can turn it around he always does next saturday we have to win. look at fleetwood winners again i think we are giving up michael twiss and some new faces please. i think the lose of senior and little still haunts alty but you have to grin and bear it and get on with it they have gone now we have fresh players.

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 24, 2010, 10:15:24 PM »

Away att 138 standing 22 in the seats
@AltyDaz

Dave (SFC)

« Reply #53 on: August 24, 2010, 10:19:53 PM »

A pretty dull game in which we were lucky enough to nick the spoils. I thought we were marginally the better side  but neither created real goal scoring opportunities. A good bit of link up play between Gray and Daly was enough to separate us. A very encouraging first 4 games for us, outside the playoffs on goal difference and just 3 adrift of the top - yet it is not the best for yourselves.

Onwards and upwards as they say. Best of luck for the rest of the season.

Jenga

« Reply #54 on: August 24, 2010, 10:49:41 PM »

Tonights performance was Utter Rubbish.

Jacko

« Reply #55 on: August 24, 2010, 11:08:25 PM »

Only positive I can think of is its only by the odd goal so far we've not been spanked, we may only just survive by the skin of our teeth I fear

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 24, 2010, 11:19:31 PM »

A pretty dull game in which we were lucky enough to nick the spoils. I thought we were marginally the better side  but neither created real goal scoring opportunities. A good bit of link up play between Gray and Daly was enough to separate us. A very encouraging first 4 games for us, outside the playoffs on goal difference and just 3 adrift of the top - yet it is not the best for yourselves.

Onwards and upwards as they say. Best of luck for the rest of the season.

Dave you didn't see your player blaze over from 10 yards in the first half then ? That was most definatly a goal scoring oppurtunity. :)

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 24, 2010, 11:24:35 PM »

tonight was pants
Bernard Taylors barmy army

Dave (SFC)

« Reply #58 on: August 24, 2010, 11:26:11 PM »

I did say 'opportunities' ;)

Not really a game that will live long in the memory, the only real positive for us is that's 2 clean sheets in a row. Before the season started i thought us 2 would be scrapping around the drop zone and it still could end up that way. We're getting good results but it can't continue forever, and you are bound to get a win on the board sooner or later.

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 24, 2010, 11:31:02 PM »

I did say 'opportunities' ;)

Not really a game that will live long in the memory, the only real positive for us is that's 2 clean sheets in a row. Before the season started i thought us 2 would be scrapping around the drop zone and it still could end up that way. We're getting good results but it can't continue forever, and you are bound to get a win on the board sooner or later.

Your lot came out firing and made some good movement around the front of the box, Alty being Alty I was surprised you didn't take a 1-0 lead into the break. 0-0 was probably about right considering how crap it was, maybe you shaded it and deserved the 1-0
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Southport Match Thread