PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 My email to 3 Counties Radio
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: My email to 3 Counties Radio  (Read 5359 times)

thegazelle

Re: My email to 3 Counties Radio
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2010, 10:57:20 AM »

It is possible to be fervently supporting your team and to give a passionate commentary with a biased angle, that I do not object to. It is however in my eyes (or ears) bad form to be condescending about the opposition.
You need to accept that you are here in this tinpot league because you deserve to be,  you can cry all you want about 30 point deductions etc . You received the deductions because you were spending money you didn’t have, which counts as cheating. If you were the all singing all dancing superclub you consider yourselves to be then you would have been able to get over the deductions and survive However I think you  went into that season with the same air of arrogance you have now, believing that the mighty Luton would and could not get relegated.  I think you will find if you cut the big time Charlie act and knuckle down to it you will enjoy this league and your days out at massive clubs like us Fleetwood and Tamworth etc.
Remember sh*t happens and make the most of it , you don’t hear us whinging and moaning about some tin pot wanky little club from the arse end of Dunstable not turning up to vote for us at the league AGM 30 years ago. Oh no not never

Alty Balti

« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2010, 12:22:04 PM »

It is possible to be fervently supporting your team and to give a passionate commentary with a biased angle, that I do not object to. It is however in my eyes (or ears) bad form to be condescending about the opposition.
You need to accept that you are here in this tinpot league because you deserve to be,  you can cry all you want about 30 point deductions etc . You received the deductions because you were spending money you didn’t have, which counts as cheating. If you were the all singing all dancing superclub you consider yourselves to be then you would have been able to get over the deductions and survive However I think you  went into that season with the same air of arrogance you have now, believing that the mighty Luton would and could not get relegated.  I think you will find if you cut the big time Charlie act and knuckle down to it you will enjoy this league and your days out at massive clubs like us Fleetwood and Tamworth etc.
Remember sh*t happens and make the most of it , you don’t hear us whinging and moaning about some tin pot wanky little club from the arse end of Dunstable not turning up to vote for us at the league AGM 30 years ago. Oh no not never

Guys, I just came on here to give the other side and hopefully most will agree there were some good points on both sides but you can see that we could never win! As is often the case with these things.  If we take you guys seriously we get hit with "How come big-time Luton are happy only beating little Alty 2-1?".  If we are seen to be unhappy about it we get the kind of garbage above thrown at us.  Reality is that Luton are just a small professional football team that has often punched wll above its weight but has also endured some spectacular slides down the leagues such as the recent one - it's not the first time we have been non-league.  There is no big-time Charlie act, we have played and contributed to this league in many ways from being a part of the conference board which many clubs don't bother with to giving many teams a big home attendance.  Where does this image of "arrogance" come from?  And please don't talk about the fact that one person purporting to be a Luton fan came on here and made a pathetic attempt at mocking you about it.

And I will tell you now that personally I enjoy going to the conference grounds a damn site more than grounds like the Ricoh Arena.  More character, more history and often just as much atmosphere. I had some great trips last season and hope for more this.

As for the post above it just makes me smile when I see just how simplistically some people look at what are incredibly complicated issues and in so doing totally fail to understand them.  

"Remember Sh*t happens and make the most of it" - that's precisely what we are doing having had more of the brown stuff thrown at us in recent years than most.

And let's just hope that both of our clubs do well this season!
« Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 12:34:06 PM by Alty Balti »

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2010, 12:36:49 PM »

I think, short of being able to provide our own commentary service, we'll just have to put up with the one-eyed commentary teams. I have to say though, some are much better than others.

I'd still rather have biased commentary than none at all. Remember what it used to be like in the Unibond days; we were lucky if we got the full time scores on teletext within half an hour of the final whistle!
« Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 12:38:54 PM by ALTY 1981 »
Come on Alty!

Jenga

« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2010, 01:10:46 PM »

Just for the record by the way.....................

I appreciate that we can now listen to alot of away games, it is great for us.

I appreciate that we will not always get equal commentary and will be put down by larger clubs such as Luton. although the luton commentary I felt was farsical.

My email to the radio was done in my lunch time when I was bored, I dont ever expect it to be read by the radio commentators let alone commented on by them but what I can say is that I had a giggle with myself whilst writing it.

thegazelle

« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2010, 01:55:55 PM »

i think you will find that in the last paragraph i was being a tad self deprecating as yes we do still harp on about a small incident that changed our club 30 years ago, but maybe your nose was a little too high in the air to spot it.

jamestimperleyrobin

« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2010, 02:06:06 PM »

this is jokes

Alty Balti

« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2010, 05:21:16 PM »

i think you will find that in the last paragraph i was being a tad self deprecating as yes we do still harp on about a small incident that changed our club 30 years ago, but maybe your nose was a little too high in the air to spot it.

Maybe as it was the closest to accuracy you had got in the whole  of your post so I ignored it.
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 My email to 3 Counties Radio