PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 My email to 3 Counties Radio
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: My email to 3 Counties Radio  (Read 5362 times)

Jenga

« on: August 16, 2010, 08:38:14 AM »

Dear Commentators,

I would like to comment on the match between Luton and Altrincham and some of the reporting that you made.

You said - Luton do not deserve to be in the Blue Square Bet Premier - can you explain why they do not?

You said - Luton should not be in this league - can you explain why they should not?

You said - this is a must win game yet at 1-1 you said were saying a draw was not a bad result.

You said - at one nil let the flood gates open - yet after 70 minutes a draw was not a bad result.

You said - Altrincham are only here to defend and are rubbish - can you explain why a full time team on big wage contracts only beat Altrincham 2-1 with 2 minutes to go when Altricham are a part time team who train for 3 hours a week.

You said - you dont like to see players rolling around on the floor when an Altrincham player gets injured, yet when a luton player is rolling around you say it was a disgraceful challenge.

You said - Altrincham where wasting time when Damien Reeves was injured on the sidelines having a COIN THROWN at him. Yet at 2-1 luton bring on substitutes in injury time and they were not classed as time wasting.

You said - Colin Little has left the club and was Altrinchams top scorer last season - no that would have been Chris Senioe who left the club to go to Darlington.

You said - we onyl brought 44 fans. We had over a hundred. Our average home fans at home is around 850 so a good percentage travelled away. Will be interesting if you have the same percentage of your home gate at Moss Lane.

You said you dominated play yet the stats just before half time were
Luton Town         Altrincham 
3(2)  Shots (on Goal)  0(0) 
6       Fouls                 2 
3    Corner Kicks         0 
3       Offsides            1 
47%  Possession    53%

There are more comments i could make such as one way traffic and only a couple shots etc etc but if I state them all I could go on for long time.

I would be interested in your comments and look forward to your reply.

Kind regards.

John.

I DONT EXPECT A RESPONSE.

alty snapper

Re: My email to 3 Counties Radio
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2010, 08:45:25 AM »

Thats Brill  :D i thought exactly the same listening to it, it was so obvious that they changed there opinions compared to 10 minutes early depending what was happening in the game, one of the most bias commentaries i have ever heard, but i guess we have the option to put up with it from the home teams perspective or don't listen!! If only we could have our own commentary!!!

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2010, 08:57:32 AM »

The thing that makes me laugh about these commentators is that they are supposed to be providing an unbiased opinion to the general public. They have no affiliation to local clubs (Luton)

Imagine they're dismay as they're told that their jobs were at risk because local TV licence payers money is insuffient to cover their costs. I'm sure a response along the lines of 'there are millions of licence payers' would be the reply, yes but you don't provide any information nor opinion for these people.

Just because they work for the local radio station doesn't mean that people from all over the UK aren't listening

And to add IF we had a BBC Radio station that provided live commentary for our games I would expect the same from them, to give any other opinion on the game is disgraceful. It would possibly be even more annoying for exiles thinking we're battering York when infact we're not.

UNBIASED match commentary you idiots

One more thing, after the apparant coin throwing at Reeves, what, if anything is happening about this ? And what ever happened regarding the York game ?

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2010, 11:42:40 AM »

Dear Commentators,

I would like to comment on the match between Luton and Altrincham and some of the reporting that you made.

You said - Luton do not deserve to be in the Blue Square Bet Premier - can you explain why they do not?

You said - Luton should not be in this league - can you explain why they should not?

You said - this is a must win game yet at 1-1 you said were saying a draw was not a bad result.

You said - at one nil let the flood gates open - yet after 70 minutes a draw was not a bad result.

You said - Altrincham are only here to defend and are rubbish - can you explain why a full time team on big wage contracts only beat Altrincham 2-1 with 2 minutes to go when Altricham are a part time team who train for 3 hours a week.

You said - you dont like to see players rolling around on the floor when an Altrincham player gets injured, yet when a luton player is rolling around you say it was a disgraceful challenge.

You said - Altrincham where wasting time when Damien Reeves was injured on the sidelines having a COIN THROWN at him. Yet at 2-1 luton bring on substitutes in injury time and they were not classed as time wasting.

You said - Colin Little has left the club and was Altrinchams top scorer last season - no that would have been Chris Senioe who left the club to go to Darlington.

You said - we onyl brought 44 fans. We had over a hundred. Our average home fans at home is around 850 so a good percentage travelled away. Will be interesting if you have the same percentage of your home gate at Moss Lane.

You said you dominated play yet the stats just before half time were
Luton Town         Altrincham 
3(2)  Shots (on Goal)  0(0) 
6       Fouls                 2 
3    Corner Kicks         0 
3       Offsides            1 
47%  Possession    53%

There are more comments i could make such as one way traffic and only a couple shots etc etc but if I state them all I could go on for long time.

I would be interested in your comments and look forward to your reply.

Kind regards.

John.

I DONT EXPECT A RESPONSE.

Good for you Jenga..

More people should complain about things like this.   If Luton had given as bad a performance as obviously these Clowns did then the luton clan would be moaning like hell.

Hope you get a reply but dont hold your breathe mate.  They will probably struggle to fkn read it   ;)

Alty Balti

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2010, 06:17:35 PM »

Guys . . . it might help your understanding to know that the commentator is a life long Luton fan who is *not* paid for the commentary.  It started when a local radio station (Diverse FM) decided to provide commentary on Luton games.  It was a service for Luton fans, we were fed up with the dull, "unbiased" standard BBC fayre. BBC 3CR realised a good thing when they saw one so now it is a joint venture with the BBC providing technical expertise and Diverse the commentator.

As for some of the questions asked . . .

It's simple, we were docked 30 points whcih relegated us to this division, I am yet to meet anyone in possession of the full facts who has agreed with that level of punishment.  You may or may not agree but that's why he said it. 

He did mention "44" supporters in a sentence along the lines of "I counted to 44 some time before kickoff but then gave up" . . .

Several of the remainder are just pointless nitpicking. But a couple of interest . . .

If you can't see the difference between players feigning injury to try and waste time and making a substitution you shouldn't be allowed out on your own.

I am willing to bet that most Alty fans feared the worst after Luton  took the lead - and yes Luton did clearly dominate the game.

Iit was also quite clear from the off that Altrincham were there to defend and hope to nick something.  Surely you could see that?  And as for "big wage contracts" I doubt Luton spend a higher proportion of their income on wages than most teams.  No-one blames Altrincham for their approach just as no-one would blame us for putting up the shutters away to a team bigger than ourselves.

And I think you were best off keeping those other comments to yourself, read the report on the Alty website, it hardly lists a catalogue of chances does it?

Stan Hibbert

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2010, 07:09:08 PM »

Guys . . . it might help your understanding to know that the commentator is a life long Luton fan who is *not* paid for the commentary.  It started when a local radio station (Diverse FM) decided to provide commentary on Luton games.  It was a service for Luton fans, we were fed up with the dull, "unbiased" standard BBC fayre. BBC 3CR realised a good thing when they saw one so now it is a joint venture with the BBC providing technical expertise and Diverse the commentator.

It's simple, we were docked 30 points whcih relegated us to this division, I am yet to meet anyone in possession of the full facts who has agreed with that level of punishment.  You may or may not agree but that's why he said it. 

He did mention "44" supporters in a sentence along the lines of "I counted to 44 some time before kickoff but then gave up" . . .

Several of the remainder are just pointless nitpicking. But a couple of interest . . .

If you can't see the difference between players feigning injury to try and waste time and making a substitution you shouldn't be allowed out on your own.

I am willing to bet that most Alty fans feared the worst after Luton  took the lead - and yes Luton did clearly dominate the game.

Iit was also quite clear from the off that Altrincham were there to defend and hope to nick something.  Surely you could see that?  And as for "big wage contracts" I doubt Luton spend a higher proportion of their income on wages than most teams.  No-one blames Altrincham for their approach just as no-one would blame us for putting up the shutters away to a team bigger than ourselves.

And I think you were best off keeping those other comments to yourself, read the report on the Alty website, it hardly lists a catalogue of chances does it?

Good, well thought out, response. You sound as though you have your head screwed on the right way.

The facts do not lie, you dominated the game and I personaly believe that this is accepted by us but you have do admit that your "commentators" are morons. At one stage they referred to our defending as being akin to a "Benny Hill Stetch". They may have been right but you don't say that....!

Anyway, all the best for the season ahead.

Jezza

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2010, 08:32:18 PM »

Our life long supporter who reports for local BBC radio tells it like it is and manages to give an unbiassed honest appraisal of the match.

From what i heard on the radio as I drove past kenilworth road just after kick off (how bloody frustrating was that?) was a ridiculous we're gonna stuff these let the floodgates open only a matter of time etc etc etc ........THAT'S WHY WE LOVE TO STICK IT UP THESE BILLY BOYS WHO SIMPLY REFUSE TO ACCEPT THEY ARE WHERE THEY ARE PLAYING THE TEAMS THEY ARE PLAYING.

......ssssoooooo alty balti.....luton subs with 2 mins to go at 2-1 up were tactical presumably?....so were you dominating play or not?

I expect a lot of clubs to bury alty comfortably this season 3 or 4-0.....the fact that Luton struggled again suggests another season after this of your rightful place in non league....rightful coz you can't get out of it......OKAY?

If we are talking rightful justice after your professional club couldn't control it's supporters...we all remember those scenes....there is no way in the world you should be recieving gate money for the first 10 home matches as these should be behind closed doors.

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2010, 10:11:05 PM »

What a load of twollop. It was commentary from 'BBC 3 Counties Radio - therefore paid for by the general public. Local or not it should have been UNBIASED and wasn't - simple. Stop dressing it up as otherwise

Nothing is 'free' - whether or not them idiots commentating were paid or not. If you want me to get into the cost of transmission and the upkeep of transmitters and the use of streaming media over the internet then let's go...

Alty Balti

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2010, 10:33:07 PM »

Guys . . . it might help your understanding to know that the commentator is a life long Luton fan who is *not* paid for the commentary.  It started when a local radio station (Diverse FM) decided to provide commentary on Luton games.  It was a service for Luton fans, we were fed up with the dull, "unbiased" standard BBC fayre. BBC 3CR realised a good thing when they saw one so now it is a joint venture with the BBC providing technical expertise and Diverse the commentator.

It's simple, we were docked 30 points whcih relegated us to this division, I am yet to meet anyone in possession of the full facts who has agreed with that level of punishment.  You may or may not agree but that's why he said it.  

I am willing to bet that most Alty fans feared the worst after Luton  took the lead - and yes Luton did clearly dominate the game.

Iit was also quite clear from the off that Altrincham were there to defend and hope to nick something.  Surely you could see that?  And as for "big wage contracts" I doubt Luton spend a higher proportion of their income on wages than most teams.  No-one blames Altrincham for their approach just as no-one would blame us for putting up the shutters away to a team bigger than ourselves.

Good, well thought out, response. You sound as though you have your head screwed on the right way.

The facts do not lie, you dominated the game and I personaly believe that this is accepted by us but you have do admit that your "commentators" are morons. At one stage they referred to our defending as being akin to a "Benny Hill Stetch". They may have been right but you don't say that....!

Anyway, all the best for the season ahead.

I've got to admit I didn't cactch that bit but I suspect I know the moment they are talking about . . . but pm me if you come to our place again I can give you some tips on parking.  It's easy if you know how!

They aren't morons, they are just caught by the fact that they were providing suitably emotional commentary for the Luton support and now the BBC have tagged on I guess it's perhaps not so appropriate as it was.

Oh yes and good luck to you guys too . . . believe it or not Alty have been a bit of a favourite of mine since I saw you play at Spurs in an FA Cup Replay.  0-3 defeat but excellent fans etc during the game.

Alty Balti

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2010, 10:42:01 PM »

What a load of twollop. It was commentary from 'BBC 3 Counties Radio - therefore paid for by the general public. Local or not it should have been UNBIASED and wasn't - simple. Stop dressing it up as otherwise

Nothing is 'free' - whether or not them idiots commentating were paid or not. If you want me to get into the cost of transmission and the upkeep of transmitters and the use of streaming media over the internet then let's go...

It's not "twollop" if you read what I actually wrote in response to your original innaccurate comments.  The guy does have an affiliation and is not paid.  I never suggested the whole thing was free but it's certainly cheaper than sending a paid for employe is it not? All the Beeb do is provide some equipment and broadcast the near free content that results.

And I have no idea what you are on about when you suggest that I made it out as "unbiased".  That really is "twollop".  It isn't and it's not meant to be and there is no reason why it has to be.  It's a broadcast for the Three Counties region and akin with most local radio it is biased towards the local teams.  That's what "local" radio as opposed to "National" radio is about.

Alty Balti

« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2010, 10:53:07 PM »

Our life long supporter who reports for local BBC radio tells it like it is and manages to give an unbiassed honest appraisal of the match.

Shame that you can't see a balanced view over any of this

From what i heard on the radio as I drove past kenilworth road just after kick off (how bloody frustrating was that?) was a ridiculous we're gonna stuff these let the floodgates open only a matter of time etc etc etc ........THAT'S WHY WE LOVE TO STICK IT UP THESE BILLY BOYS WHO SIMPLY REFUSE TO ACCEPT THEY ARE WHERE THEY ARE PLAYING THE TEAMS THEY ARE PLAYING.

I bet that's what most people in the ground thought - once we scored one more would come.  And we do accept where we are, everyone knows we're in a fantastically difficult league.  Our MD has taken the time and joined the conference board and is by all accounts hugely appreciated for his contribution.

......ssssoooooo alty balti.....luton subs with 2 mins to go at 2-1 up were tactical presumably?....so were you dominating play or not?
Yes we were, read your own website report if you somehow missed it at the game.

I expect a lot of clubs to bury alty comfortably this season 3 or 4-0.....the fact that Luton struggled again suggests another season after this of your rightful place in non league....rightful coz you can't get out of it......OKAY?

I've dealt with the rightful bit and I'm not going to bother with that any more because I suspect it would be pointless. Honestly though, first game, we won, we played some decent stuff, the new signings looked good and seemed to gel.  We did something we couldn't do in previous years and scored two against you. You really think that you can draw much of a negative conclusion from that? 

If we are talking rightful justice after your professional club couldn't control it's supporters...we all remember those scenes....there is no way in the world you should be recieving gate money for the first 10 home matches as these should be behind closed doors.

What happened that day was awful.  No getting away from it but the perpetrators are being caught and punished. I'd be interested to test how "balanced" your view is and see if you can suggest a precedent to suggest that your 10 home games behind closed doors punishment is in any way fair or consistent treatment of a club?

Butty

« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2010, 10:58:32 PM »

What happened that day was awful.  No getting away from it but the perpetrators are being caught and punished. I'd be interested to test how "balanced" your view is and see if you can suggest a precedent to suggest that your 10 home games behind closed doors punishment is in any way fair or consistent treatment of a club?

Ive agreed with you defending your club on here (which you do have a right to do), but are you saying you shouldnt be punished? Playing behind closed doors is the precedent which has been set for crowd trouble, its either that or expulsion from the competition. Im sure we both agree on the lesser of the two evils here.

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2010, 11:02:39 PM »

It's not "twollop" if you read what I actually wrote in response to your original innaccurate comments.  The guy does have an affiliation and is not paid.  I never suggested the whole thing was free but it's certainly cheaper than sending a paid for employe is it not? All the Beeb do is provide some equipment and broadcast the near free content that results.

And I have no idea what you are on about when you suggest that I made it out as "unbiased".  That really is "twollop".  It isn't and it's not meant to be and there is no reason why it has to be.  It's a broadcast for the Three Counties region and akin with most local radio it is biased towards the local teams.  That's what "local" radio as opposed to "National" radio is about.

Well we will have to agree to diasagree, as my opinion of match commentary ''in this day and age'' - meaning anyone can listen anywhere in the UK- whether it local or national should be unbiased, the commentary on the game that is not your post ! Maybe if you ever come across the same scenario, such as yourselves playing a much bigger club like Dagenham & Redbridge, and you have to listen to match commentary from BBC Radio Essex you might get the picture....

Dougals Dad

« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2010, 11:12:15 PM »

As much as I agree the Luton commentary was crassly biased and inept, if you are looking for unbiased commentary then I suggest the BBC is not the best place to look. Think back to most England commentaries and you will also see unproffessional levels of bias.

What we did get with the Luton commentary, however, was unprecedented levels of Bullsh*t and hypocrisy as, for instance, there seemed to be different rules on time wasting according to the 2 muppets in the commentary box.

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2010, 09:04:53 AM »

what I dont understand is that the bbc must surely realise that a large proportion of listeners on the internet to a show like that are bound to be away fans. 
Bernard Taylors barmy army
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team