PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Two new signings on Altrincham website
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Two new signings on Altrincham website  (Read 7139 times)

Altyant

Re: Two new signings on Altrincham website
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2010, 08:44:46 PM »

Great news :) . Welcome to Alty lads

fuertes

« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2010, 08:59:16 PM »

Good signings the both of them.

Only reservation I have is can Holsgrove play elsewhere, surely we have enough left sided players?

Clee is a good player but has a slightly dodgy injury record. Two of our other left sided players are out with a gammy knee and the shingles respectively. I think he's a good signing.

I'm looking forward to seeing what McCready can do. Everton and Hibs both have well-respected youth systems, you don't get a gig there unless you have talent. I'm assuming he might know Shaun Densmore too so that should help him settle in?

Jenga

« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2010, 11:18:08 PM »

clee a dodgy injury record? since when?

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Clee
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2010, 06:19:24 AM »

Since he could only last an hour of each of the last ten games of the season due to a groin injury.

taxi Phil

« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2010, 09:20:59 AM »

Only reservation I have is can Holsgrove play elsewhere, surely we have enough left sided players?

With both Buzz and Ryan out for some time (shingles is a nasty ailment !), I can see Nicky Clee perhaps having a shot as left wing back, which will leave Holsgrove with the chance to show what he can do as an attacking left winger.

jamestimperleyrobin

« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2010, 11:31:46 AM »

With both Buzz and Ryan out for some time (shingles is a nasty ailment !), I can see Nicky Clee perhaps having a shot as left wing back, which will leave Holsgrove with the chance to show what he can do as an attacking left winger.

doubt Nicky would like that, maybe temporary but certainly not regurlarly. We definitely need a loan there. I wonder if Scott Moffatt would return? Is he still on United's books?

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2010, 11:51:11 AM »

doubt Nicky would like that, maybe temporary but certainly not regurlarly. We definitely need a loan there. I wonder if Scott Moffatt would return? Is he still on United's books?

Didnt he play right back ?

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2010, 11:51:56 AM »

Yes, I thought he did
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

jamestimperleyrobin

« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2010, 12:47:19 PM »

Didnt he play right back ?

Thought he could play on both flanks?

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2010, 07:18:55 PM »

Why should Kevin replace Clee, there is room for both of them in the team, I suspect Clee and Holsgrove will play well with Clee on the left and Kevin at left mid or left forward, that would be great to see together with Dale up front!!!

With injuries suspensions and availbility of players through the team there will be plenty of opportunities for all the players to prove themselves.

All players will be kept on their toes and have to be at the top of their game, we have cover for virtually all positions, just the centre-back role needs filling now for me.

See what happens later this week.

I am really looking foward to this season now

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2010, 10:59:08 PM »

[/quote]

With both Buzz and Ryan out for some time (shingles is a nasty ailment !), .................
[/quote]

Not always. Often it can be quite easy to treat and be very mild lasting just a few days,...it depends how quickly it is diagniosed. Let's hope Ryan is Ok soon.

taxi Phil

« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2010, 10:07:25 AM »

With both Buzz and Ryan out for some time (shingles is a nasty ailment !), .................
[/quote]

Not always. Often it can be quite easy to treat and be very mild lasting just a few days,...it depends how quickly it is diagniosed. Let's hope Ryan is Ok soon.
[/quote]

Hope you're right Ian. Wouldn't wish it on anybody - hope Ryan recovers rapido !

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2010, 01:04:15 PM »

[/quote]

Hope you're right Ian. Wouldn't wish it on anybody - hope Ryan recovers rapido !
[/quote]
I was pleased to see Ryan play last night,...he sneers in the face of Shingles! ;D
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Two new signings on Altrincham website