Top Half
- 23 (52.3%)
Bottom Half
- 11 (25%)
Relegation Candidates
- 3 (6.8%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: WREXHAM : 2010-11  (Read 5291 times)

Heffer

Re: WREXHAM : 2010-11
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2010, 08:43:55 PM »

Lower mid-table

Cpd_Wrecsam

« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2010, 12:37:48 PM »

Quite pleased with some of the signings- Dean Keates, Neil Ashton, Jay Harris, NKP and David Brown.

Still undecided on Scott Shearer, Chris Blackburn and Andy Morrell.

Kevin Gall doesn't look to good but we will have to see.

Decisions on Cameron Mawer (CB) and Jamie Tolley (CM) to be made in the next week along with the hopefull loan signing of a Championship defender.

Dean Saunders is still the weak link, he talks a good game but cannot produce the results. He has atleast admitted his mistakes, but can he learn from them? I'm hoping for a play-off push, here's hoping...

robins1978

« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2010, 11:26:38 PM »

Bottom Half at Xmas - Dean 'DH' Saunders sacked on Xmas Eve. Lose to Alty twice over Xmas with no manager then  Brian Little will return and they will lose play off final to York. Simples.
As for Sinclair he'll be suspended for both games with us. Best for all really.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2010, 11:34:09 PM by robins1978 »

chesteralty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2010, 06:13:16 PM »

I see Saunders has been going on about how three clubs should be promoted from this league again. I imagine he means the biggest and best clubs ie Wrexham and two others.
The flaw in his argument, unfortunately, is that if three 'football league' clubs go up, three have to come down, leaving us all back where we started.
I am really looking forward to his insights into advanced Welsh mathematics again this coming season!!

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2010, 11:28:25 PM »

I see Saunders has been going on about how three clubs should be promoted from this league again. I imagine he means the biggest and best clubs ie Wrexham and two others.
The flaw in his argument, unfortunately, is that if three 'football league' clubs go up, three have to come down, leaving us all back where we started.
I am really looking forward to his insights into advanced Welsh mathematics again this coming season!!

Or those with the best grounds i.e Wrexham and 2 others.

He has a minor point though when he says it's easier to come down and hard to go back up. Two teams are automatically relegated, but only one automatically promoted from BSP, creating the play-off lottery.
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

taxi Phil

« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2010, 11:16:43 PM »

Ian Ridley in today's Mail on Sunday, having commented on the Knobsock's master plan, goes on to say :

"The Football League should vote it in. Then they can send back more quickly some barely deserving promoted clubs with poor grounds, who find it relatively easy to stay up. They'd also get back some of the better clubs with decent facilities."

Macclesfield Town and Mansfield Scoreboard in that order ? Always thought the guy was a halfwit when he played around as Chairman of Weymouth. Quarterwit perhaps ?

My first nomination for the 2010-11 Knobsock Award.
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 WREXHAM : 2010-11