PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Triallists
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Triallists  (Read 5598 times)

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Trialists
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2010, 09:33:08 PM »

I believe from talking to a mate from York that Youngy is injured at the moment with a groin strain.

So what.  ??? ??? ???

So we might not be struggling to get past him on August 28th.

Dougals Dad

Re: Trialists
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2010, 09:37:59 PM »

I believe from talking to a mate from York that Youngy is injured at the moment with a groin strain.

So what.  ??? ??? ???

Maybe Chris Senior jumped up and head butted him in the groin!

taxi Phil

Re: Triallists
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2010, 11:02:48 PM »

Of the triallists so far, I'd sign Joseph, Crowell, and Nowland.

Joseph gives our defence one thing that is otherwise missing - a voice ! He organises well, and would, to my mind, be a decent captain.

I've already said in an earlier thread that I had reservations about Crowell without Kearney. Then, in the second half last night, I watches how well he linked with Nowland who was operating in the hole in front of the back four.

Nowland is a very experienced pro. He's played at Championship level for Preston, Wimbledon, West Ham, Forest, and Blackpool. He's not 30 yet. Last season I was almost the lone voice in support of Nicky Clee. This year my campaign is "Sign Adam Nowland".

Michael Twiss may just not be fully fit - but on what I've seen so far I'd be starting with Dale up front, and Chris Denham and Damien Reeves alongside. However, class is permanent, and I'm sure he'll come good sooner rather than later.

chrisrufc

« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2010, 12:52:46 AM »

Where has Marc Joseph been playing?

Had a nightmare season before being released.  Was at his best in his first season with us when he was regularly playing right-back but became a victim of being able to fill in at centre back, or very occasionally at left-back.  His form wasn't great last season and he became the target of the boo boys when he played.  When we played Bournemouth last season, he put in a great cross that we scored from and he responded by cupping his ears to the fans, we went on to lose 3-1 and he had a mare which sums up his whole season to be honest.

If Alty do sign him then it should be as a right-back, I don't want to do him a disservice but I wouldn't be keen on signing him to play as a centre half.  I honestly think he could do a job at right back if he can rediscover his confidence.

chesteralty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2010, 07:46:38 AM »

Interested to see Nathan Fairhurst came on against Macc.
A Wrexham supporter friend of mine was sad to see him leave there last season, said he played well while he was there. Could be an alternative to Crowell, perhaps.

taxi Phil

« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2010, 09:44:36 AM »

Where has Marc Joseph been playing?

Had a nightmare season before being released.  Was at his best in his first season with us when he was regularly playing right-back but became a victim of being able to fill in at centre back, or very occasionally at left-back.  His form wasn't great last season and he became the target of the boo boys when he played.  When we played Bournemouth last season, he put in a great cross that we scored from and he responded by cupping his ears to the fans, we went on to lose 3-1 and he had a mare which sums up his whole season to be honest.

If Alty do sign him then it should be as a right-back, I don't want to do him a disservice but I wouldn't be keen on signing him to play as a centre half.  I honestly think he could do a job at right back if he can rediscover his confidence.

Thanks for this Chris - very informative. He's been playing on the left, but I think he's seen as a centre back in the longer term. Maybe he'd just become unhappy at Rotherham, and the change of club is what he needs. Here's hoping !

Good luck for the coming season - I've backed you each way at 10-1 !

fuertes

« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2010, 01:12:15 PM »

A Wrexham fan's view on Fairhurst:

"Fairhurst was flavour of the month when he was swith us on loan.

saunders then signed him and he chose us over staying with preston reserves, however saunders fell out with him when he wanted first team and he hardly featured after november.

is small but has the skill. if you have a larger bloke next to him in midfield he will be a good signing for you"

Sounds promising.

Jenga

« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2010, 06:21:47 PM »

I still hope for Crowell no matter good he might be, Crowell is a class act at this level.

brian1925

« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2010, 10:07:50 PM »

I understand the whole thing about Crowell, but is a player who has already demonstrated a willingness to jump ship at the first opportunity really the answer for us? Certainly I can understand why he left last year, but surely we should be looking for somebody who will stick with us for the entire season. I really hope that GH and KM play the likes of Fairhurst, McCready and Holt from the start against Tranmere, as they really need a good run out for a sensible period of time, not just 5 minutes. Also hope that there are one or two new faces on the team sheet tomorrow. The best thing (and perhaps the only thing) about the pre-season so far has been the superb form of Dale, though what worries me is how much better he seems than any of our other striking options - agree with a previous poster that Dale and Chris Denham is the best we have.

Heffer

« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2010, 12:40:17 AM »

I understand the whole thing about Crowell, but is a player who has already demonstrated a willingness to jump ship at the first opportunity really the answer for us? Certainly I can understand why he left last year, but surely we should be looking for somebody who will stick with us for the entire season. I really hope that GH and KM play the likes of Fairhurst, McCready and Holt from the start against Tranmere, as they really need a good run out for a sensible period of time, not just 5 minutes. Also hope that there are one or two new faces on the team sheet tomorrow. The best thing (and perhaps the only thing) about the pre-season so far has been the superb form of Dale, though what worries me is how much better he seems than any of our other striking options - agree with a previous poster that Dale and Chris Denham is the best we have.

oh dear!!!
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Triallists