PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Triallists
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Triallists  (Read 5604 times)

brian1925

Triallists
« on: July 28, 2010, 06:38:57 PM »

My first pre-season friendly last night and I have to echo the views of a previous thread by expressing disappointment at the calibre of triallists this year. Not sure any of them were worth a contract on the basis of last night's display, though the late sub on the right wing, Holt, deserves another look. Joseph looked composed, but easily bullied by the Macc lads and IMO not the answer to the void left by Greg. Was wondering what others felt.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Trialists
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2010, 07:02:26 PM »

Underwhelming.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Triallists
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2010, 07:10:24 PM »

We need a tall, powerful , fast centre back,even if we have to push the boat out for one.Joseph isnt the answer,or hasnt looked like it to date.We were built on a solid defence last year,and a top quality centre back must be the priority before august 14th,and also hope that crowell signs on.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2010, 07:12:02 PM »

In the two games I've seen Nowland has looked like a tidy player who would be worth a squad place.

Joseph may not be Greg Young but then again I'd be astounded if there were too many like him both available and in our price bracket. We need some more central defensive cover and, of those I've seen Joseph is the best so far. Add in the FL experience and he may not be a bad acquisition.

Other than that I have to concur both with the views on this thread and also comments elsewhere about how far off Twiss seems - If he has an injury then fine but otherwise I'd have hoped he may be a bit fitter than he appears to be at present.

Just out of interest, were he a triallist and not already signed what would people think?

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2010, 07:13:44 PM »

We need a tall, powerful , fast centre back,even if we have to push the boat out for one.Joseph isnt the answer,or hasnt looked like it to date.We were built on a solid defence last year,and a top quality centre back must be the priority before august 14th,and also hope that crowell signs on.

I know that we dont have him available and I hear didturbing tales of him going to the States but I wonder just how effective Crowell will / would be without Tom Kearney

Views anyone?

jimmyhank

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2010, 07:14:31 PM »

Agreed. He really does look a good player. Never in a rush to just hoof the ball. Likes to put his foot on the ball, take a look and pick his pass. As mentioned by people before, Crowell and (a fully fit) Kearney would be a great midfield combination.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2010, 07:28:55 PM »

Regarding Joseph:

I admit that I've not seen him play yet, but should we be so quick to write him off? At the beginning of last season some people were saying very negative things about Rob Williams and Nicky Clee and look how good they've turned out to be!

GH and KM aren't mugs and I believe they'll find the necessary players to keep us in this division (and that is our number one aim next season, make no mistake!).
Come on Alty!

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2010, 08:11:52 PM »

He might be a great player,but hes not tall enough

Altyant

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2010, 08:15:35 PM »

Thought Holt and McCready looked ok last night

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2010, 08:24:20 PM »

What I have seen of Joseph pleased me so far.. However I fear the only way were going to get someone part time as good as Greg Young is to nip to Kit Kat Crescent and kidnapp said Mr Young  ;)

I too hope Matt Crowell stays with us but it is a fkn long trapse from S. Wales, (Mind you if I was living in S. Wales it would be a pleasure to get out for a couple of days per week) ... Shrewsbury is close enough for me  :D

Stands by for some vitriol from the Welsh contingency of the Alty FC forum  ;D

Longman

« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2010, 08:34:54 PM »

I think Crowell is very tidy.  We could really do with him in the middle of the park next season, preferably with Kearney!

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Trialists
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2010, 08:47:14 PM »

GH said all along that players would become available in August. Let's hope he's right. A good point not to write some players off too early as well. Re Twiss, he linked up quite well with Crowell at times last night but my word he makes running around look hard work.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Trialists
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2010, 08:48:26 PM »

I believe from talking to a mate from York that Youngy is injured at the moment with a groin strain.

VofD

Re: Trialists
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2010, 09:06:08 PM »

I believe from talking to a mate from York that Youngy is injured at the moment with a groin strain.

So what.  ??? ??? ???

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2010, 09:10:15 PM »

Tom Mc Cready looked promising last night, would like to see a lot more of him in the next 3 games. Holt possibly too as a squad player. Nowland again looked tidy and organised. All our strikers still not fit enough, but great to see progress Dale is making. Crowell looked composed again, but was it just me but he lacked fitness or was just cruising? Nobody has really stood out yet have they!? :-\
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Triallists