PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Triallists
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Triallists  (Read 12750 times)

Dougals Dad

Triallists
« on: July 10, 2010, 04:58:48 PM »

Amongst others....

Danny Adams,left-back who spent 3 years at Moss Lane from 1997-2000 - would do a great job for usF
raser McLachlan, an experienced midfielderex-Morecambe, Mansfield and Stockport.
Danny Holmes, a defender from TNS and formerly at Tranmere. - The Kenny Mc influence!
Raphael Evans, a central defender.
Matt Holt.- name rings a bell
Tom McCready
Clive Moyo Modise who was at Alty last season briefly - WEY HEY HEY!!!!!!
Lewis Codling - a young striker from Everton reserves.
Tom Schofield
Andy Gamble, a midfielder from the Alty Youth team.
Vernum Rowland, an Alty Youth defender/midfielder who made the first team at Moss Lane several years ago before moving on.- rated him highly all those years ago.

Anyone know anything about the others?

fuertes

Re: Triallists
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2010, 05:03:52 PM »

Vernum Rowland. What's he been doing? He was the year above me at Alty Grammar, always seemed a cocky git but he was f**king good at football.

A few definitely of interest amongst that lot. I'm surprised we're giving Clive another go though...

AT

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2010, 05:09:13 PM »

Good news is I signed Lewis Codling on Football Manager, earlier in the year he scored a few.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Triallists
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2010, 05:51:36 PM »

Don't know if he was just watching a mate...........but 'The Heff' was in the ground.
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

fuertes

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2010, 05:54:24 PM »

Don't know if he was just watching a mate...........but 'The Heff' was in the ground.

Oh dear.

The sad thing about Heffernan is he looked like he might have enough talent to be a passable Conference utility player. The fact is though, he roamed around the pitch looking disinterested. That's hard enough to abide when the player is as good as Dimitar Berbatov, let alone Danny bloody Heffernan.

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2010, 06:15:27 PM »

The centre half with no name or number on his shirt in the second half looked pretty good.
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.

Foz

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2010, 06:18:27 PM »

The centre half with no name or number on his shirt in the second half looked pretty good.
I believe he is Raphael Evans.

fuertes

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2010, 06:33:12 PM »

A wee bit of research into those names provided some interesting info.

Holmes was a regular in the TNS title-winning side last season and was also named in the Welsh Premier Team of the Season - sounds promising.

McCready seems to have had spells with Everton and Hibs (famed for an excellent youth system). Again, must be a bit of pedigree there.

Evans has been at Rochdale.

The others look uninspiring or there's little about them on the 'net. I think Adams is probably past it now. 34 and his last gig was at Stalybridge.

markecky

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2010, 06:44:22 PM »

Danny Adams was only at Stalybridge with Twiss because the transfer window was closed and they couldnt join anyone higher.

Danny looked strong and very assured today I thought.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2010, 07:38:07 PM »

Danny Adams was only at Stalybridge with Twiss because the transfer window was closed and they couldnt join anyone higher.

Danny looked strong and very assured today I thought.

Agreed. he is 34 and still got a season or two left at this level

bigcol

« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2010, 08:59:38 PM »

the lad from Everton has a very high 'potential ability' rating in Football Manager 2010.  140 out of 200 which is about Prem standard.

I know I know it's only a computer game but it is a very well researched one.

Vernum wrote a review about a local pub:

http://www.onionring.co.uk/reviews.asp?RID=2529#19679

That's about it.

taxi Phil

« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2010, 09:13:36 PM »

I thought Fraser McLachlan (midfield) looked a possibility in the short time he was on. He's played for three League clubs, and has had an interruption to his career due to a broken leg. Will be 28 in November, so should have a few good years in him.

casper

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2010, 10:02:16 PM »

Danny Adams, over 250 football league games with Macclesfield, stockport, Huddlesfield, Morecambe. Ended last season as a free agent after leaving Stalybridge after a couple games. - May be able to do a good job on the left, but doughty may be quicker against some pacey wingers.

Fraser McLachlan, aged 28, midfielder. Played for stockport, Northwich (loan), Mansfield and Morecambe. Nearly 100 football league appearances. Mainly played as a holding midfielder. Had a career threatening broken leg injury whilst with Morecambe, but managed to regain fitness before being released. 

Danny Holmes, aged 21, a right/centre defender.  Product of Tranmere’s youth system, and only made one appearance for tranmere and released at the same time as Luke Waterfall. Had a loan spell at southport (2007/08) before spending the past two years at TNS, and being named in the Welsh prem team of the season for 08/09.

Raphael Evans, a central defender. Product of Rochdale’s youth system, but has found chances in the Dales’ first team hard to come by. Has played on loan for Bradford PA, and Leigh Genisisisis.

Matt Holt. Aged 23, defender. Another Welshman, previously played for Caersws, Merthyr Tydfil and Cammel Laird. Product of Everton’s youth system, and described by Caersws as being a “huge hit”.

Tom McCready, aged 18, midfielder. Released by Hibernian in the SPL at the end of last season, had signed from everton as a promising youngster. Both Everton and Hibs had rated him quite high.

Clive Moyo Modise. Played for us last season. Unless he’s spent a lot of time practising his finishing there would be no need for him to come back.
Lewis Codling , aged 19. a young striker from Everton reserves and seems to be quite well liked, but released at the end of last season.

Tom Schofield , local lad from knutsford I think.

Andy Gamble, a midfielder from the Alty Youth team.

Vernum Rowland, a defender/midfielder who started with the youth team 10 years ago, before breaking into the first team. After being released he played for  Newcastle town and Nantwich town.

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2010, 11:14:20 PM »

This guy is apparently also training with the squad http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marc_Joseph
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.

bigcol

« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2010, 09:37:09 AM »

I'm surprised we don't have a formal connection with Everton - parent club or something - there seems to be countless connections between their youth system and our team. 
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Triallists