PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Russia to host 2018 World Cup
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Russia to host 2018 World Cup  (Read 23690 times)

Aussie Bob

Re: Russia to host 2018 World Cup
« Reply #60 on: December 06, 2010, 02:53:23 AM »

Stadium Australia is a strange place the atmosphere is poor , the wind takes the sound away from the stands and up top in the stands its a long way from the ground. The whole are of the Olympic park screams white elephant , i am convinced that Sydney blew so much cash on the Olympics that why its suffering now. Having 7k crowd to watch rugby league in that stadium is pathetic even 40k crowds cant make a decent noise.
The MCG would be the best ground in Australia hold 20k more than Stadium Australia has really top facilities is right in town and is a much better for the viewing public.Think Australia would have suffered from time zones as much as anything and was considered to be the worst for realising profit on the event. But then again if Qatar is the best bet then i am Mickey Mouse ..its getting more like F1 ..anyone with bottomless pockets get the gig.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 06, 2010, 08:52:52 AM »

Just as an aside .. I had to laugh when I read that Boris Johnson has withdrawn his invitiation to the FIFA head and his bent associates of a free stay with all priviliges at the Dorchester Hotel  for the 2012 Olympics..

Way to Go Boris.. Tell em all to Piss off..

Bunch of freeloading Scrotes.........

Knowing Blatter he will probably sue Boris over breaking a promise... ;)

Blatter is even more fkn slimey than that Jonathan Aitken

seasonticket

« Reply #62 on: December 06, 2010, 10:31:18 AM »

Always thought Boris was A pratt but he has gone up in my estimation having read that. Maybe he should have cancelled it with the Dorchester and told no one else. So when the scrotes turn up there is no accomodation for them Ha! Ha!

York Alty

« Reply #63 on: December 06, 2010, 11:19:34 AM »

th fact that they had this linked up just shows how corrupt the system is.  Free hotel stays at the olympics etc.  come on - no one is telling me that doesn't influence decisions.

it stinks
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Russia to host 2018 World Cup