France
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: France  (Read 4958 times)

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
France
« on: June 17, 2010, 09:26:54 PM »

Totally crap. Deserved to be beaten. Surely evidence that they should'nt be there at all.

The Irish would've made a better game of that. Ironic that Mexico play in green.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

fuertes

Re: France
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2010, 09:33:10 PM »

Totally crap. Deserved to be beaten. Surely evidence that they should'nt be there at all.

The Irish would've made a better game of that. Ironic that Mexico play in green.

It must be dreadfully dispiriting to be managed by an idiot who bases his team selections on horoscopes.

They were indeed very poor, but credit to Mexico, they've some decent footballers (not sure about that keeper though!!).

The Republic of Ireland are a poor side too though. I mean, Paul McShane?? Come on.

I'm just gutted Norn Iron couldn't rectify that terrible away form in qualifying. They'd have been far better against New Zealand than Slovakia did.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2010, 09:38:42 PM »

It must be dreadfully dispiriting to be managed by an idiot who bases his team selections on horoscopes.

They were indeed very poor, but credit to Mexico, they've some decent footballers (not sure about that keeper though!!).

The Republic of Ireland are a poor side too though. I mean, Paul McShane?? Come on.

I'm just gutted Norn Iron couldn't rectify that terrible away form in qualifying. They'd have been far better against New Zealand than Slovakia did.

republic are miles better than northern ireland

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2010, 09:40:54 PM »

The cheating sh*ts got there just rewards tonight

They will be dancing in the streets of Waterford tonight  :D

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2010, 09:41:19 PM »

not true, Norn Iron are fantastic, only the lack of a match fit healy held them back, saw them beat slovakia in a friendly 2-1 at windsor park.
Bernard Taylors barmy army

Nasha

• Regular First Team
  • Rocky
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2010, 09:43:53 PM »

Raymond Domenech = Madder Jim Rushe   :D
'Life isn't fair.If is was,it would be called fair.But it's not.It's called life'

Tony Adams after Euro 96

fuertes

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2010, 09:46:45 PM »

not true, Norn Iron are fantastic, only the lack of a match fit healy held them back, saw them beat slovakia in a friendly 2-1 at windsor park.

Correct. Solid and steady, no prima donnas, couple of very good players. Aaron Hughes at the back is a top player and a top bloke, Steven Davis in midfield is a great little player and Chris Brunt has a hell of a left peg, Lafferty has caused lots of problems for international defences and Sir David's goal record speaks volumes.

The Republic have a few really awful cloggers like McShane and St. Ledger, then a couple of buck eejits who think they're better than they are (McGeady being the prime example).

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2010, 10:03:28 PM »

Correct. Solid and steady, no prima donnas, couple of very good players. Aaron Hughes at the back is a top player and a top bloke, Steven Davis in midfield is a great little player and Chris Brunt has a hell of a left peg, Lafferty has caused lots of problems for international defences and Sir David's goal record speaks volumes.

The Republic have a few really awful cloggers like McShane and St. Ledger, then a couple of buck eejits who think they're better than they are (McGeady being the prime example).

if you were to pick 11 from the two defo more republic players maybe not by that much i do admit

jamestimperleyrobin

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2010, 10:13:25 PM »

YEAAAAAAH LET'S SIGN BLANCO!!!!

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
France
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2010, 12:07:08 AM »

If France have D. Baddiel as manager they can hardly be surprised that they're sh*t! It doesn't particularly help that their 3 best players are left backs but to leave Thierry Henry (admittedly past his magnificent peak) on the bench when your team hasn't scored a goal in the tournament is world's oddest!

taxi Phil

« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2010, 12:29:37 AM »

If France have D. Baddiel as manager they can hardly be surprised that they're sh*t! It doesn't particularly help that their 3 best players are left backs but to leave Thierry Henry (admittedly past his magnificent peak) on the bench when your team hasn't scored a goal in the tournament is world's oddest!

They should have brought him on - he could have had a hand in a couple of goals........................................

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2010, 07:01:31 AM »

Firstly I would like to see the Frogs out - and an embarrasing defeat to Bafana Bafana would be very sweet.
McShane and McGeady are not first choice in the current Republic of Ireland side, but often come on as subs as we dont have depth.
Left back has been a problem for a few years but now we have Gregg Cunningham who has enormous potential, instead of Kilbane improvising as a defender. McShane is at present only about 7th choice defender, and that is putting him ahead of Kilbane who is not a defender. I also agree with the critisicm of McGeady and again this is exposure of our lacking in depth, which is to be expected for a country whose population is less than 1/10th of that of England.
I dont begrudge the North of Ireland qualifying for finals or doing well. Their achievemnts are remarkable for an area of such a small population. There is no country in the World Cup in SA with a smaller population.
Sure, a fully fit first choice 11  Republic of Ireland are a better team than the North - we are also better than England and France.

ArmchairAlty

« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2010, 08:52:58 AM »

They were terrible! Mystic Meg didnt see that one coming...  ;D

fuertes

« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2010, 09:06:39 AM »

Firstly I would like to see the Frogs out - and an embarrasing defeat to Bafana Bafana would be very sweet.
McShane and McGeady are not first choice in the current Republic of Ireland side, but often come on as subs as we dont have depth.
Left back has been a problem for a few years but now we have Gregg Cunningham who has enormous potential, instead of Kilbane improvising as a defender. McShane is at present only about 7th choice defender, and that is putting him ahead of Kilbane who is not a defender. I also agree with the critisicm of McGeady and again this is exposure of our lacking in depth, which is to be expected for a country whose population is less than 1/10th of that of England.
I dont begrudge the North of Ireland qualifying for finals or doing well. Their achievemnts are remarkable for an area of such a small population. There is no country in the World Cup in SA with a smaller population.
Sure, a fully fit first choice 11  Republic of Ireland are a better team than the North - we are also better than England and France.

I had been one of those Northern Irishman who'd always wanted the Republic to do well too. I have changed my mind on this since they disgracefully starting trying to poach IFA-trained Northern Irish players such as Gibson and Duffy. Talk about being utterly dishonourable.

Anyway, I agree that the achievements of both Irish teams are extremely impressive given their populations. Northern Ireland having been further than Scotland have ever managed is incredible really.

I strongly believe that we'd beat the Republic, certainly at Windsor. We've already beaten England, Spain, Sweden, Denmark and Poland in the last few years.

I'd like as many home nations as possible to qualify for an English World Cup in 2018. That'd make for a brilliant atmosphere.

Oh, and "the North of Ireland"  :D You'll be calling it 'the occupied six counties' next.

(S)ALTY

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2010, 11:05:41 AM »

Didn't you just love to see those despondent, cheating, hand balling French faces after last night's humiliation at the hands of South Africa !!

Lovin it seeing them arrive back this morning having to travel back in standard class.

Is there any truth in the rumour that the film they showed on the plane was 'OUT OF AFRICA' ?   ;D  ;D 

Hope I'm not speaking too soon and tempting fate for our boys this afternoon  ???
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 France