PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 ROBERT GREEN
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: ROBERT GREEN  (Read 11301 times)

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: ROBERT GREEN
« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2010, 09:00:51 PM »

I see the german firm adidas supplied the controversial ball to the bundesliga for the last 6 months, oh and to the adidas sponsored Argentina too. Now which two sides have been able to control it....?

All that tells me is that two of the best sides in the competition have been the best at controlling the ball.

I refuse to entertain the notion that there's some major "ball roundness conspiracy" taking place!  :D
Come on Alty!

brian1925

« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2010, 09:02:12 PM »

We had the best part of 50 minutes to get a winner and didn't even look like scoring. Blaming the keeper is utterly pointless, as so far, both the germans and the argies would tonk us.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2010, 10:29:51 PM »

d) at every world cup some England player does smoothing stupid (Rooney,Seaman,Beckham,Waddle,Wilkins ....)

What did Waddle do beside have an extremely laughable mullet haircut, take a woeful penalty and play for Worksop ?
Plenty of others have missed a penalty; Stuart Pearce, Gareth Southgate and of course who will forget that penalty miss by David Batty......even his own father could not believe he had stepped up for it.

My greatest moment watching England - The first minute goal by San Marino (Mr Pearce).........do I not like orange
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Longman

« Reply #33 on: June 15, 2010, 07:09:13 PM »

Loving the fact that people who swore off watching any England/World Cup matches are now offering opinions on the basis of a few minutes highlights.

Gerrard and Lampard played well together, Heskey and Lennon also impressed too. Rooney played poorly, but I'm sure it'll come together for him. On the whole I think we deserved to win. I think Green's mistake knocked everyone's confidence and if it wasn't for that I think we could have gone on for a comfortable win.

It's early days, worry not.

Afew minutes highlights and the full commentary on Radio 5 Live actually. I could, for example, give you a very accurate assessment of Histon from watching them for about 2 minutes. More than that would be a waste of time that could be better spent - and the same applies to England.

Don't watch the highlights then if it's a waste of time, your negative agenda towards England and the World Cup is embarrasing.

I thought you were completely boycotting the tournament?  Yet you are watching the highlights and listening to games on the radio!??

joe

« Reply #34 on: June 15, 2010, 08:10:49 PM »

Hopefully England won't even get out of the group to save them the embarrassment of getting outclassed by anyone half decent.

jiminlondon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 15, 2010, 08:38:50 PM »

Have to love these Koreans

York Alty

« Reply #36 on: June 15, 2010, 08:45:59 PM »

Loving the fact that people who swore off watching any England/World Cup matches are now offering opinions on the basis of a few minutes highlights.

Gerrard and Lampard played well together, Heskey and Lennon also impressed too. Rooney played poorly, but I'm sure it'll come together for him. On the whole I think we deserved to win. I think Green's mistake knocked everyone's confidence and if it wasn't for that I think we could have gone on for a comfortable win.

It's early days, worry not.

Afew minutes highlights and the full commentary on Radio 5 Live actually. I could, for example, give you a very accurate assessment of Histon from watching them for about 2 minutes. More than that would be a waste of time that could be better spent - and the same applies to England.

Don't watch the highlights then if it's a waste of time, your negative agenda towards England and the World Cup is embarrasing.

I think the world cup is a corporate love-fest.  I am not watching it, not seen a minute, a pass, a goal...nothing.  not listened to any games.  I know it's a corporate love-fest by the adverts, billboards, adverts etc.  The sooner it is over and we get back to Alty FC the better,

I don't care who wins.  Don't give a toss.

It's almost a different game...

That level of fotoy holds zero interest to me, truly am not arsed on iota.

I thought you were completely boycotting the tournament?  Yet you are watching the highlights and listening to games on the radio!??

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 15, 2010, 10:23:42 PM »

it was also the first mistake green has made for england

Entirely incorrect!!!

I think we might have gone on to win that game without the mistake but without analysing it to much I would sum up the performance as providing more questions than answers.

As a side note, SWP had a good game in the sense that he neutralised the Yanks best player in Landon Donavan with his constant running. Donavan's influence gradually started to wane and SWP deserves credit for that, regardless of his ability (or lack) in other areas of the game. I think that's why Milner was picked ahead of Joe Cole, but I'm surprised he was risked as anyone who has a form of temerature or virus in the week leading up to a game is always way off the pace.

taxi Phil

« Reply #38 on: June 15, 2010, 11:55:01 PM »

[/quote]

I thought you were completely boycotting the tournament?  Yet you are watching the highlights and listening to games on the radio!??

[/quote]

I didn't say I was completely boycotting the tournament - I said I wouldn't be watching the matches. By picking out bits from the highlights, and listening to sections of games on 5 Live between jobs, I can miss out all the irrelevant commercial sh*te (eg Hyundai ads) and still have my finger on the pulse. I am, after all, a betting man !

However, confession is good for the soul. Coming home to an empty house at half time last night, I lapsed and watched the second half of Italy v Paruguay - with the sound off !

D.A. ALTY

• Regular First Team
  • ALTY F.C TILL I FUKIN DIE
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 16, 2010, 03:05:45 AM »

rooney was quiet for the game because he had at least one man , man marking him , and as soon as he got the ball, he was 2 or 3 man marked . thus out of  the game !! and this will continue throught the tournament,  because without him we are NOTHING !!!

Jezza

« Reply #40 on: June 16, 2010, 10:46:08 AM »

The Korean keeper made an absolute howler for Brazil's first ....reminding me of Andy Dibble allowing a Lancaster player to do him at the near post......let's see Jennifer's dad make a double entendre out of that one if he can!

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 16, 2010, 11:43:01 AM »

The Korean keeper made an absolute howler for Brazil's first ....reminding me of Andy Dibble allowing a Lancaster player to do him at the near post......let's see Jennifer's dad make a double entendre out of that one if he can!

Jezza,

And wasn't that Lancaster City player a certain Peter Thomson, who had an unspectacular spell at Alty in recent times...?

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Dougals Dad

« Reply #42 on: June 16, 2010, 12:02:10 PM »

Better than doing him with a near post!

Hang on! Have I got a reputation or something!

(S)ALTY

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 16, 2010, 12:11:55 PM »

Better than doing him with a near post!

Hang on! Have I got a reputation or something!

That could be painful ?  ;)

Butty

« Reply #44 on: June 16, 2010, 05:21:41 PM »

rooney was quiet for the game because he had at least one man , man marking him , and as soon as he got the ball, he was 2 or 3 man marked . thus out of  the game !! and this will continue throught the tournament,  because without him we are NOTHING !!!

Well the fault lies with the players around him - if there is 3 players marking Rooney, that leaves 2 other England players free, and if they cant shoot, cross or pass with no pressure, you have to wonder why they are playing for England
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 ROBERT GREEN