PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 ROBERT GREEN
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: ROBERT GREEN  (Read 11316 times)

joe

Re: ROBERT GREEN
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2010, 08:38:12 PM »

it was also the first mistake green has made for england and it is not entirely his fault that england failed to beat a limited usa side.
shall we look at the anonymous and negative lampard, rooney who was dreadful etc, or perhaps we should look at the inclusion of king who hasnt been fit for years or carragher who is no longer good enough, picking milner who was ill for several days before, or replacing him with the useless swp (personal opinion) so the central midfield were light, or perhaps heskey and swp who shot straight at the keeper?
no
lets blame the goalkeeper

To be fair to SWP he was played out of position on the left which is why IMO Adam Johnson should've been included instead of him because he's equally at home on either wing.

joe

« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2010, 08:40:49 PM »

The save he made later in the match wasn't as spectacular as everyone is making out. Any keeper worth his salt would've stopped that at his near post and made it look alot more comfortable than Green did!

Joe would undoubtedly have held it.........

Joking aside i would have been very disappointed not to turn it around the post quite comfortably.

jiminlondon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2010, 09:06:29 PM »

To be fair to SWP he was played out of position on the left which is why IMO Adam Johnson should've been included instead of him because he's equally at home on either wing.

well yes, why take swp. an identikit lennon with even less end product and leave a genuine surprise package at home?
but then why go through qualifying playing upson and then decide there are another 2 centre halves who should play instead?

i have been so impressed with capello until a couple of months ago from which time i think he's done everything wrong

tottenham alty

« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2010, 10:25:30 PM »

i thought green took it on the chin quite well

Bath Alty

« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2010, 11:21:27 PM »

No great surprises last night really, who didn't already know:

a) Fabio had forgotten to pick a left winger in his 23
b) Heskey plays well but can't score for toffee no matter how simple the chance
c) Carragher and Terry are too slow for international level
d) at every world cup some England player does smoothing stupid (Rooney,Seaman,Beckham,Waddle,Wilkins ....)

casper

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2010, 12:13:12 AM »

To be fair to Green, the mistake by the Algerian keeper was worse. This new ball thing seems to have many keepers confused as well, though the way the germans were knocking it about was quite good.
No great surprises last night really, who didn't already know:

a) Fabio had forgotten to pick a left winger in his 23
b) Heskey plays well but can't score for toffee no matter how simple the chance
c) Carragher and Terry are too slow for international level
d) at every world cup some England player does smoothing stupid (Rooney,Seaman,Beckham,Waddle,Wilkins ....)

Fully agree. Think is just shows how poor the premiersh*te has been for the national team. Carragher shouldn't have been anywhere near the final 23, nor should King. But then again, we dont exactly have many world class players.

As for gerrard and Lamps, they are both similar players. One plays with world class players every week, the other with a load of halfwits, who make him look like superman.

Dougals Dad

« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2010, 01:05:10 AM »

I can't remember the last time Lampard had a good game for England -  he was anonymous the other night.
Terry is very much overrated.
Carragher turned his back on England - he should not be allowed back.
Heskey had a very good game - but you expect a forward to be able to score.
Wright Phillips - why?

Green made an almighty blooper, but England should not be relying on a 1 goal lead. We are not as good as the media seem to make out.

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2010, 05:57:41 AM »

To be fair,i thought we might struggle against the Yanks.people are correct about Green with his redemtion moment,it could very easily been an own goal.I was glad wright philips got a game,just a pity on the wrong wing.Would never play Terry again in an england shirt.Lampard did nothing for most of the game.Rooney did come alive in the second half.Must have plugged him into the electric during halftime.Our trouble is we never seem to want to finish teams off once we get in front,i am a firm believer of going for the throat.United (spits on the floor) used to do that in their home games in Europe a few years back and England need to learn how to do it,just no pace there.its all done at a stroll
Harold

taxi Phil

« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2010, 07:35:18 AM »

Having just watched the highlights of yesterday's matches (which is my limit) I'd conclude that we won't have any trouble with Algeria, who are VERY poor, and that we should struggle past Slovenia. BUT if we find ourselves in the runners-up spot and have to play Germany, they look capable of revenging that famous 5-0, and will probably take great delight in doing so.

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2010, 08:46:17 AM »

Loving the fact that people who swore off watching any England/World Cup matches are now offering opinions on the basis of a few minutes highlights.

Gerrard and Lampard played well together, Heskey and Lennon also impressed too. Rooney played poorly, but I'm sure it'll come together for him. On the whole I think we deserved to win. I think Green's mistake knocked everyone's confidence and if it wasn't for that I think we could have gone on for a comfortable win.

It's early days, worry not.

joe

« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2010, 09:05:44 AM »

Loving the fact that people who swore off watching any England/World Cup matches are now offering opinions on the basis of a few minutes highlights.

Gerrard and Lampard played well together, Heskey and Lennon also impressed too. Rooney played poorly, but I'm sure it'll come together for him. On the whole I think we deserved to win. I think Green's mistake knocked everyone's confidence and if it wasn't for that I think we could have gone on for a comfortable win.

You must have been watching a different game to me! Lennon didn't put a decent cross in all match!

Jacko

« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2010, 09:10:03 AM »

Its a case of getting the bad luck out of the way now for me, I think Germany were made to look good against a shocking Aussie side anyway, I also see us playing France and beating them in the second round and by then all this will be forgotten

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2010, 10:03:21 AM »

We can't play France in the second round, I reckon it will either be Germany or Ghana.
Come on Alty!

taxi Phil

« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2010, 06:43:00 PM »

Afew minutes highlights and the full commentary on Radio 5 Live actually. I could, for example, give you a very accurate assessment of Histon from watching them for about 2 minutes. More than that would be a waste of time that could be better spent - and the same applies to England.

jiminlondon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2010, 08:51:39 PM »

I see the german firm adidas supplied the controversial ball to the bundesliga for the last 6 months, oh and to the adidas sponsored Argentina too. Now which two sides have been able to control it....?
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 ROBERT GREEN