PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Both appeals fail
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Both appeals fail  (Read 6634 times)

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Both appeals fail
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2010, 10:15:02 AM »

I have been reading some of the comments on 606 non league site about Salisbury and there fans do seem bitter and twisted.

So You take a 10 point hit when you have stockpiled points ala Darlington &  Palace etc then think that is just fine to carry on as normal once you escape the drop (probably at the expense of a club who has operated well within its financial means but gets relegated anyway because they cant compete with the cheats who spend money they havent got)..

I know people will say that Alty went through a period of that (I personally wasnt around during that time so know little about the situation).   Having said that. I genuinely believe that ANY club who operates like that deserves everything that comes there way.

It is Cheating, Cheating the taxman, the fans, the suppliers to the club,

Players are not totally blameless as they take the big wages in certain cases. (They are all not that stupid that they dont realise what state the club is in financially) If you are turning out in front of a few hundred for home fixtures you dont have to be a brain surgeon to realise that it wont pay your wages if your on Big money ...

FGR are apparently in debt to the tune of hundreds of thousands which begs the question how come they managed to get re-instated being in such a precarious situation.

I expect we will go through all this total and utter shambles again this time next year,  The only difference being the names of the fkn cheating clubs will have changed..

It really pisses me off reading this  sh*t season after season.

Foz

« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2010, 10:30:21 AM »

We'd have an extremely small Premiership then wouldn't we if this was applied all the way up and how about if they applied the same principles to business?

Probably we should be glad that these measures weren't in place when we were outbidding everyone else (and being very successful on the pitch) rather than being all self righteous and gloating over other peoples misfortune?

When have we gone into admin and hence avoided our debts? It's all very well pointing to our past and saying we did the same thing as Salisbury or Northwich, but we haven't. There is a very big difference!

anglo alty

« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2010, 12:54:25 PM »

whilst i feel sorry for the fans of salisbury the league has got to be run as a credible competition and whilst we have teams bending the rules and living beyond their means that will never happen we canot haveprommotion and relegation isues being settled off the pitch again. if these makes clubs sit u and realise then it must be good for the game somehow i don't think it will happen though greed always overides sensibilty

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2010, 05:18:58 PM »

Probably we should be glad that these measures weren't in place when we were outbidding everyone else (and being very successful on the pitch) rather than being all self righteous and gloating over other peoples misfortune?

Which period in Alty's history are you referring to here?

If you are talking about the late 1970s/early 1980s, then yes, we were in the enviable position of being able both to pay good wages and spend considerable sums in the transfer market...but, under the guidance of a certain Noel White, we were simultaneously posting profits and not living beyond our means.

And how dare you question my right to gloat (quite legitimately) at Northwich Victoria's self-induced misfortune!

Why should I be deprived of enjoying one of life's great pleasures...?!

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2010, 06:04:24 PM »

And how dare you question my right to gloat (quite legitimately) at Northwich Victoria's self-induced misfortune!

Quite right. I think they have got what they deserved and it has been a long time coming.

A lot of their fans are still in the 'it's not Jim's fault' camp and it was the evil Connett......Mr Rushe has taken over the mess, made it much worse and stuck his head in the sand. He has gambled that things would be ok and lost. I recall at the time of his takeover he was 'after' a Unibond club. Mission accomplished.

It's interesting to note that Salisbury, although whinging like mad, have accepted their fate and are determined to right the perceived wrongs. The noises coming from the salt beds is one of 'we are not ruling out legal action'. No surprise
« Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 06:07:06 PM by Mick »
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

flaggerN

« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2010, 10:40:44 PM »

I think that until wages are capped and books are checked periodically throughout the season the situation will get worse. The saving grace for Alty was the money for the car park because without that we might have slipped away down the leagues. The way things are going with harsh cuts being promised and money being tight gates may well fall next season as the away support may reduce.

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2010, 07:00:17 AM »

I would expect our away following to increase next season and the clubs joing the Conference to bring more than those that left at the end of last season.
Grimsby, Darlington. Scouseport, Fleetwood, Newport and Bath between them should bring more than Grays, Salisbury, Ebbsfleet, Stevenage athough Oxford brought a heathly following.

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2010, 10:08:27 AM »

Don't  know what the fuss is all about, thought vics went 2 seasons ago .. or was that 3 .. or 4 seasons ago ;)

Nasha

• Regular First Team
  • Rocky
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2010, 10:43:42 PM »

I'm sorry, but this just now takes the mickey. How in God's name could you possibly lay off office staff,just to keep the players FULL TIME!!!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/s/salisbury/8738658.stm
'Life isn't fair.If is was,it would be called fair.But it's not.It's called life'

Tony Adams after Euro 96

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2010, 11:10:52 PM »

I'm sorry, but this just now takes the mickey. How in God's name could you possibly lay off office staff,just to keep the players FULL TIME!!!

Just about sums 'em up really..........mutterings of "got to stay full-time to get our 'rightful' place in the pyramid back"......."been harshly treated".....blah blah blah
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Dougals Dad

« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2010, 12:40:30 AM »

F***ing unbelievable - at leat they will have the same playing budget as last year. Priorities and all that!

D.A. ALTY

• Regular First Team
  • ALTY F.C TILL I FUKIN DIE
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2010, 02:47:27 AM »

f**k the SCUMWICH  SCUM  they out lived their means , i hope they die and fade away , !!!,  ALTY F.C FOREVER !!!

Quite right. I think they have got what they deserved and it has been a long time coming.

A lot of their fans are still in the 'it's not Jim's fault' camp and it was the evil Connett......Mr Rushe has taken over the mess, made it much worse and stuck his head in the sand. He has gambled that things would be ok and lost. I recall at the time of his takeover he was 'after' a Unibond club. Mission accomplished.

It's interesting to note that Salisbury, although whinging like mad, have accepted their fate and are determined to right the perceived wrongs. The noises coming from the salt beds is one of 'we are not ruling out legal action'. No surprise
« Last Edit: June 16, 2010, 02:49:20 AM by D.A. ALTY »
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Both appeals fail