PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 No longer there
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: No longer there  (Read 13189 times)

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: No longer there
« Reply #30 on: June 09, 2010, 09:27:24 AM »

JD and Sw and everyone else just to let you know Dad died this moening(wednesday).So someone who has support the club from 1932 is now gone.He always told me of him scoring 9 goals at Moss Lane while playing for the gas and him being a left winger,was telling me that story till about 2 months ago.
Harold

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 09, 2010, 10:38:01 AM »

Sad to hear of your loss Harold.

Steve
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

Dougals Dad

« Reply #32 on: June 09, 2010, 10:57:42 AM »

I'm very sorry Harold, our thought are with you and your family.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 09, 2010, 11:21:14 AM »

Sorry to read your sad news H.

I am sure you will have many happy memories of him to look back on..

Ray

markecky

« Reply #34 on: June 09, 2010, 11:27:12 AM »

Sorry to hear of your loss Harold. 

I'm sure you have happy memories of your Dad and how nice to have shared a common love of Alty with him.

Stockportalty

« Reply #35 on: June 09, 2010, 11:42:17 AM »

The title of this thread takes on a whole different meaning now. All the best Harold, you are in our thoughts.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 09, 2010, 01:20:55 PM »

Very sad news Harold, I'm sorry to hear of your loss.
Come on Alty!

York Alty

« Reply #37 on: June 09, 2010, 09:15:14 PM »

Sad news.  Sorry to hear that.

jimmyhank

« Reply #38 on: June 09, 2010, 10:12:34 PM »

Sorry to hear of your loss. Take comfort from your memories.

taxi Phil

« Reply #39 on: June 09, 2010, 11:44:18 PM »

As someone whose Dad also introduced him to a lifetime love affair with the Club, I empathise with you. My old man's been gone 17 years now, but I still to this day start the match off standing on the same part of the popular side where we stood all those years ago.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 10, 2010, 09:48:45 AM »

As someone whose Dad also introduced him to a lifetime love affair with the Club, I empathise with you. My old man's been gone 17 years now, but I still to this day start the match off standing on the same part of the popular side where we stood all those years ago.

Phil.
My dad died in 2000 and I too stand in the popular side where he first took me in about 1960..(When I could just about see over the wooden barrier and I use to annoy everyone within a 20 yard radius with my Rattle  ;)  I was bought up on players like Tommy Banks, Paddy Fagan. Charlie Mitten, Big John Higgins etc and although I havent actually lived in Alty since 1969 when I took the Queens Shilling, I have watched numerous teams on a regular basis in towns and cities where I have lived all over the uk and some even in  Europe and none of them have given me the same passion as I get when watching Alty,  Hence the user name  :D

Good, Bad or indifferent. One thing is for sure about being an Alty fan, Once bitten, it certainly courses through your blood for ever.

Dougals Dad

« Reply #41 on: June 10, 2010, 12:29:47 PM »

Phil.
My dad died in 2000 and I too stand in the popular side where he first took me in about 1960..(When I could just about see over the wooden barrier and I use to annoy everyone within a 20 yard radius with my Rattle  ;)  I was bought up on players like Tommy Banks, Paddy Fagan. Charlie Mitten, Big John Higgins etc and although I havent actually lived in Alty since 1969 when I took the Queens Shilling, I have watched numerous teams on a regular basis in towns and cities where I have lived all over the uk and some even in  Europe and none of them have given me the same passion as I get when watching Alty,  Hence the user name  :D

Good, Bad or indifferent. One thing is for sure about being an Alty fan, Once bitten, it certainly courses through your blood for ever.

So true. Lovely sentiments.

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 11, 2010, 06:26:15 AM »

Thanks to everyone for those sentiments.My sister told me she has found one of my fathers football medels from the 1940s and she will pass that onto me.Like Ray(we went to school together) i started watching Alty in the 60s(have mentioned once or twice) my first game was against Wrexham in the FA Cup,I also have watched teams eleswhere and they dont match Alty one bit.Some of us must be pushing over 80 years of our Familys supporting the club and still gonig.Its a nice tribute.
Harold
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 No longer there