PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Blackpool
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Blackpool  (Read 10099 times)

taxi Phil

Re: Blackpool
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2010, 09:21:23 AM »

We are unbeaten in five visits to four Premier League grounds - Ewood Park, Goodison Park, Bloomfield Road, and St.Andrews. I would suggest this is a record that no other non-league side can match !

finnquark

« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2010, 01:42:57 PM »

Blackpool's owner has a rape conviction, which he took all the way to the High Court in 1999, lost the appeal, paid £100,000 court costs and spent 3 years in jail. Ridsdale vs Oyston in the unsavoury character playoffs.

I think Blackpool's current owner/chairman is Owen Oysten's son, not the same man.

The owners are one Owen Oyston and Valeri Belokon. Owen's son Karl is the chariman, but Owen still owns the club.

York Alty

« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2010, 07:35:57 PM »

Owen Oyston is an odd bod, and of course a convicted rapist.  he had a reputation for being a bit weird in the mid-80s when I lived in Preston

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2010, 09:56:33 PM »

Blackpool's owner has a rape conviction, which he took all the way to the High Court in 1999, lost the appeal, paid £100,000 court costs and spent 3 years in jail. Ridsdale vs Oyston in the unsavoury character playoffs.

I think Blackpool's current owner/chairman is Owen Oysten's son, not the same man.

The owners are one Owen Oyston and Valeri Belokon. Owen's son Karl is the chariman, but Owen still owns the club.

He relinquished all control a long time ago as far as i knew, unless you know different ? If so please inform the FA's fit and proper people.

I jumped on the bandwagon and thoroghly enjoyed yesterday, although got sunburnt - the direct temperature in thw sun was 38 degrees :)

York Alty

« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2010, 10:00:28 PM »

He relinquished all control a long time ago as far as i knew, unless you know different ? If so please inform the FA's fit and proper people.

I jumped on the bandwagon and thoroghly enjoyed yesterday, although got sunburnt - the direct temperature in thw sun was 38 degrees :)
[/quote]
at least 20 degrees too hot for me.

finnquark

« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2010, 11:58:29 PM »

Blackpool Alty - I thought so too, but after they won on Saturday a couple of papers including the Telegraph and I think the Guardian ran with something about him being director, and how the Premier League might not be able to ban him.

finnquark

« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2010, 11:59:34 PM »

Yeah meant to add the fit and proper test isn't applicable to anyone who was in place before the test was introduced, which was 2004.

Butty

« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2010, 09:48:23 AM »

Yeah meant to add the fit and proper test isn't applicable to anyone who was in place before the test was introduced, which was 2004.

From what I've heard (a Delia Smith quote) the fit and proper test consists of one question, which is as follows:

'Are you a fit and proper person?' The letter said 'No or yes'.

Hardly the most challenging of tests....

(S)ALTY

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2010, 03:23:13 PM »

Owen Oyston is an odd bod, and of course a convicted rapist.  he had a reputation for being a bit weird in the mid-80s when I lived in Preston

Having met the guy a good few years ago before his conviction I'd have to agree with your assessment.

They have however pumped plenty of cash into their local club and have seen their plans come to fruition. If only we had someone similar to do the same at Alty - Any odd bods out there with a few spare millions to invest would be greatly appreciated.

fuertes

« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2010, 03:41:01 PM »

Having met the guy a good few years ago before his conviction I'd have to agree with your assessment.

They have however pumped plenty of cash into their local club and have seen their plans come to fruition. If only we had someone similar to do the same at Alty - Any odd bods out there with a few spare millions to invest would be greatly appreciated.

I don't want someone to 'pump money in'.

Manchester City are having money pumped into them and are being made to look a laughing stock - the plaything of a billionaire with too much money. Same with Chelsea.

Difficult as it is for us at the minute, I want any success we get to be earned, not presented to us thanks to a man and his chequebook.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2010, 03:44:55 PM »

From what I've heard (a Delia Smith quote) the fit and proper test consists of one question, which is as follows:

'Are you a fit and proper person?' The letter said 'No or yes'.

Hardly the most challenging of tests....

Delia's form said >>>
 'Are you a fit and proper person?' -  Cmon.... Lets  be avin youuuuuu

:D

(S)ALTY

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2010, 03:55:46 PM »

I don't want someone to 'pump money in'.

Manchester City are having money pumped into them and are being made to look a laughing stock - the plaything of a billionaire with too much money. Same with Chelsea.

Difficult as it is for us at the minute, I want any success we get to be earned, not presented to us thanks to a man and his chequebook.

I think you missed the point - What I meant was having someone local who genuinely supported their local team. The Oystons made their money in Blackpool similar to David Whelan at Wigan. They both invested when times were far from glamorous and funded their expansion over a period of years to where they are today.

I agree with your sentiments of some mega rich meglamaniac coming along and investing in a ready made successful club (perm any one from Chelsea, Manchester City, Manchester United, or Liverpool ?) 

But an extra few bob just to be able to retain our existing staff and being able to improve the squad rather than having to go out and replace last year's stock before improving on the quality acheived last season would be nice ?

Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Blackpool