PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Vics come into money?
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Vics come into money?  (Read 6310 times)

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Vics come into money?
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2010, 12:10:45 PM »

When reading the Vics site it is obvious that 7 out of 10 Vics fans believe they have done nothing wrong and that Mr Rushe is an all round good egg who is now being victimised for trying to 'save' Vics

There seems to be denial that Mr Rushe has in fact increased the clubs debt with his ill-thought policies of paying high wages, full-time players etc whilst attracting crowds of only 500-600. For me he is just the type of gambler that NL football can do without 

Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

anglo alty

« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2010, 10:24:55 PM »

just imagine what would happen if vics took their case to the european court and won it would render the nine month process of playing the league to find out who would be champions and who would be relegated a total waste of time at the moment any team relegated on the pitch can consider itself unlucky if it goes down i know alty have benefitted in the past but this farcical situation has to stop for the overall good of he game

York Alty

« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2010, 11:20:12 PM »

Anglo - I agree totally.  I have made a couple of suggestions in the past about how situationS like this can be managed but still have decisions about who's up / down made on the pitch.  They are all however somewhat flawed.  There is no easy answer to this but one thing is for sure, if we carry on deducting points and demoting teams we WILL sooner or later end up in the courts. One court case, with an injunction to stop a season starting pending a "final" legal decision & the whole pyramind below the league in quesiton is trown into turmoil. 

THIS NEEDS SORTING NOW.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2010, 09:34:38 AM »

just imagine what would happen if vics took their case to the european court and won it would render the nine month process of playing the league to find out who would be champions and who would be relegated a total waste of time at the moment any team relegated on the pitch can consider itself unlucky if it goes down i know alty have benefitted in the past but this farcical situation has to stop for the overall good of he game

You are Colin Peake and I claim my £5!  ;D ;D ;D ;D
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Vics come into money?