PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 YOUNG TALKING
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: YOUNG TALKING  (Read 12956 times)

joe

Re: YOUNG TALKING
« Reply #30 on: May 16, 2010, 09:50:40 AM »

With all due respect Nick you're a young single lad that can obviously afford to move down south and still lay out for a season ticket. I'm a separated father of two that pays two rents to keep a roof over the head of both myself and my children. Surely it is my choice whether i think it is financially viable to renew my season ticket or not and i shouldn't get slated for not doing so! It is not just about Senior leaving that i have based my decision on,there are other players rumoured to be moving on and i am very disappointed with the statement issued from the club about the Blue Square North budget we will be running on next season,i think it's very negative and it won't be just me that it will put off. At the end of the day i would rather spend my hard earned 200 quid on something i know i'm going to enjoy rather than suffer at Moss Lane every week next season!

taxi Phil

« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2010, 10:08:40 AM »

NOTE : Just because he hasn't renewed his season ticket doesn't necessarily mean he won't pay at the gate to come to the odd game if things aren't quite as black as they appear, or if his finances improve. I'm not just defending him because he's my son - there'll be others who'll fade away this season. They just won't be as upfront about it !

joe

« Reply #32 on: May 16, 2010, 10:34:11 AM »

NOTE : Just because he hasn't renewed his season ticket doesn't necessarily mean he won't pay at the gate to come to the odd game if things aren't quite as black as they appear, or if his finances improve. I'm not just defending him because he's my son - there'll be others who'll fade away this season. They just won't be as upfront about it !

Correct. When i have any spare cash i will pay on the gate. I'm not saying i'm off to watch Bolton instead,i have been an Alty fan for 30 years and that won't change.

markecky

« Reply #33 on: May 16, 2010, 11:25:18 AM »

Nice one ATS.  You saw the chance to pop out of your shell and do one of your "call me what you want...no disrespect" posts and off you go again until the next one.  I don't think Joe needs people to stick up for him.

What the hell has the party line got to do with it?  What is the party line?

Joe put on that he is glad he hasn't got a season ticket yet and he won't be getting one now.  Thats up to him its his opinion and if he expresses it on a public forum then people can tell him what they think of it.

A few people put on (including me) that he should wait to see what happens pre season and its a bit early to judge.  A few other people said they were still getting theres.

I fully agree with him on the PR side (as I have made clear but I didn't really think that anyone agreed with me).  If a manager in the Premier league announced he had a championship budget and players could get more in the conference league after coming out of the board meeting for next season he would be disciplined and another statement would go out from the board with a much more positive light.

I don't agree with him on players leaving..I feel that was out of our hands and not the clubs fault.

You should write a three page long post ATS with all the stuff that bugs you on..you'll feel a lot better and you might even be able to post some light hearted stuff instead of posts with politics in all the time.

As for Joe, I'll have a word with the daft sod when I see him on Saturday and buy him one out of my winnings at the dogs.

Bangor on Dee Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 16, 2010, 11:27:27 AM »

I understand joe, I let my season ticket go after loosing job so only see the occasional game now. What I must say is we have no choice who's on the pitch, we have faith in the management. Players will always come and go its our support for Alty that shouldn't change. I remember Frickley away !!! our position is so much better now, keep the faith  :)

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 16, 2010, 11:34:19 AM »

Come on everyone...

Group hug ?

Jacko

« Reply #36 on: May 16, 2010, 12:22:17 PM »

I'm a part time fan of a part time club, if they were full time I'm not sure weather that would change anything, think the club may have wanted people to come back down to earth by announcing we have a bsn budget, but at £14 a game its still hard to swallow even if its one of the cheapest in the league 

Jezza

« Reply #37 on: May 16, 2010, 02:44:01 PM »

I'm fully in agreement that the club needs to send out a more positive message about Alty......but we also have to be realsitic.

I think we'd be up in arms if the 'cote had came out with "we can now compete with the big spenders and nothing less than the play offs will do...championship in five years time etc"....there just has to be a balance.

And there would have been uproar if the 'cote had said last week "Chris Senior signs for 3 years...no players leaving....we are building on last season's squad" and Joe had bought his season ticket on the back of this.....and then senior leaves and rumours of others going as well came out.....wouldn't there?

So maybe the BSN budget thing was a bit over negative and disappointing.....but we can't complain we are being sold a pup can we?

And no-one villified Joe, we just said hang on mate, keep the faith etc .we're all disappointed and a bit down...I think....

No conclusions should be drawn about the quality of the football we will see next year until the season starts...and even then look at last season....great expectations from the friendlies, disappointing results (remember barrow at home?) then we had a great season.......and then a disapppointing end to the season.......a week is a long time in footie let alone an entire close season....keep the faith. and that's all most of us were blatantly saying to joe....although clearly not clearly enough to stop another hugely enjoyable diatribe from ATS.

casper

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 16, 2010, 09:07:33 PM »

With all due respect Nick you're a young single lad that can obviously afford to move down south and still lay out for a season ticket. I'm a separated father of two that pays two rents to keep a roof over the head of both myself and my children. Surely it is my choice whether i think it is financially viable to renew my season ticket or not and i shouldn't get slated for not doing so! It is not just about Senior leaving that i have based my decision on,there are other players rumoured to be moving on and i am very disappointed with the statement issued from the club about the Blue Square North budget we will be running on next season,i think it's very negative and it won't be just me that it will put off. At the end of the day i would rather spend my hard earned 200 quid on something i know i'm going to enjoy rather than suffer at Moss Lane every week next season!

Joe, it was not a reflection on you personally or anyone else. My comments were aimed at Altytunnelsteward’s usual dross, whilst attempting to understand the rigours of financial pressure. As I have said before, no-one can tell a person what to spend their money on. I personally know how finically hard these times are. Im skint, and barely make it through the month with a positive bank balance, which is why I couldn’t go to many away games last season. Im moving down sauf to live with my parents again, whilst studying and working part-time.

I suppose my post was concerned with people making decisions before we know about the guys who will be coming in. I am still surprised our PR department doesn’t always function, yet I can also see in other areas, that the budget will remain the same.

Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 YOUNG TALKING