PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 YOUNG TALKING
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: YOUNG TALKING  (Read 12957 times)

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: YOUNG TALKING
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2010, 01:54:55 PM »

I wonder whether Young's future is dependent on the result of the play-off final. Perhaps York will only sign him if they're still in the Conference next season?

markecky

« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2010, 02:06:43 PM »

The only bonus in all this is that it's happened before i shelled out for a season ticket. I was debating whether i could afford one or not anyway,this has convinced to save my money and spend it more wisely. 

Come on mate, thats a bit of a knee jerk reaction.

At least lets see what pre season brings and who we bring in.

Last season will be the worst thing to happen to the club in years.

Its raised the bar to high with no infrastructure in place to support the aspirations.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2010, 02:45:52 PM »

Suprised that Welch was released if Young wasn't staying.

Full time and proud of it

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2010, 02:50:30 PM »

I have just renewed my season ticket. I am not going to be devasted by the loss of some good players because all players are replaceable. Any player who wishes to go and can walk that easily obviously is not worth stopping. They do not have the club as much at heart as we previously thought, certainly not in the way we do.

What I do have faith in is the ability of Graham and Kenny to find good quality replacements and rebuild the team accordingly. Thye can rethink the budget with a mixture of experience, lower league up and coming players and hopefully the nucleas of most of our players. Please do not worry about one or two players leaving. I was not surprised. But I am sorry I said players were re-signing when I was at the party. I thought my source was reliable. He must have meant resigning!

I am sorry but I will not be despondant about this, but I look forward to who is coming in to replace them and will give my fullest support to whoever it may be. The guy from Droylsden would be one of my choices.
Also, maybe with the new commercial manager we can get some more sponsorship, or for gods sake some more bods to help our current board out. They are volounteers but they do a sterling job. I would be more worried about losing them, Graham and Kenny. Rather than players who it turns out, do not want to stay. I really think the board need more people who are like-minded to help them out.

This club has had loads of decent players in the past, and always replaced them at some stage.

Keep the faith everybody, and join me in not being despondant, becuase not one of our players is bigger than my beloved club.

Steve from Sale

Jezza

« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2010, 03:05:11 PM »

The only bonus in all this is that it's happened before i shelled out for a season ticket. I was debating whether i could afford one or not anyway,this has convinced to save my money and spend it more wisely. 

Is this what you thought last close season?....why not wait and see what happens......if everyone thought this way we'd have a NWCL budget!!!

I'll be there next season whatever as I was when we had even lower expectations and knew we'd be watching players of a much worse calibre than the ones we will doubtless have when the season starts.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2010, 03:11:25 PM »

Well I'll be getting one (or two - one for Mrs S).  This is the very time that the club needs your support.
I'm sure you're just disappointed and your comments are a knee-jerk reaction.

Take a deep breath, have a little faith and write that cheque! *

*That's what my kids are going to do for my 60th present!  ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

altykate

« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2010, 05:54:34 PM »

Who ever heard of a fan who did not buy a season ticket because a player got signed by another club!!!Why would you punish the football club by giving them even less money.

taxi Phil

« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2010, 10:20:18 PM »

Already got my season ticket, I'm prepared to grit my teeth and get through whatever the season brings. Anything above 21st. will do for me.

joe

« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2010, 11:36:40 PM »

Stop talking out of your arse Altykate! It's alot more than Senior going. Young on his way and totally negative comments in the press about having a Blue Square North budget etc etc. I've just got better things to do with my money than this sh*t!

jimmyhank

« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2010, 11:57:36 PM »

Stop talking out of your arse Altykate! It's alot more than Senior going. Young on his way and totally negative comments in the press about having a Blue Square North budget etc etc. I've just got better things to do with my money than this sh*t!

You are, indeed, entitled to spend your hard earned wedge on whatever you want but surely you support your club through thick and thin?

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2010, 12:06:33 AM »

Sorry, not least because I know I'm gonna get slaughtered for this but

Yet again someone fails to toe the party line and gets villified.

People have other commitments that need funding and also have a right to decide what to do with their own money without all the criticism.

If it were someone who had no 'pedigree' as an Alty fan then maybe but to have a go at Joe is, in my view, totally out of order (Taxi Phil is exempted from this as they're related). Joe's been a steward in the past, no doubt driven the odd minibus, painted the ground, brushed water etc., and has worked tirelessly over the years for the club, never seeking public recognition for it and because he has the temerity to express concerns that no doubt a fair few share and to publicly say that there are things other than Alty that need his money perhaps more he gets sneered at.

Not on I'm afraid  and you can call me as much as you like for expressing that view

Jezza

« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2010, 12:39:50 AM »

you can call me as much as you like for expressing that view

....well that's handy..................

casper

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2010, 01:13:48 AM »

Im moving down sauf in the summer, so wont be around for many matches next season. However, ive still managed to renew my season ticket, as I enjoyed last season, and want to support the management and players. I also have a large economic deficit (and in talks with IMF for a bailout), so carnt give on a regulary basis.

Well, here we go with your righteousness again…..

What exactly is the party line? That someone shouldn’t make a decision before knowing all the facts? Ie what players are going to come in?? What do our supporters want?  to win more in BSN, or compete in BSP?? We have a smallish fan base, and limited income. We are not going to break our budget, and spend millions on rubbish (aka Wrexham). Were Altrincham, small, friendly, and part –time.

People have other commitments that need funding and also have a right to decide what to do with their own money without all the criticism.

Hell yeah, people have other commitments. I don’t think anyone has criticised any decision concerning what a person can / carnt do with their own, hard earned cash. I think the debate is about looking to the future, and what we can expect from our lads next season. Let’s not forget we have managed to bring in guys like smith, senior, young, clee, Williams, Kearney, crowell etc WITHOUT PAYING A SINGLE PENNY ON TRANSFERS. It is only time, that once they have proven themselves and gained confidence , some will move on. That is life within football. We need to have confidence in the management to bring in quality players, which will keep us in BSP. 

What is it with what someone has or hasn’t done for alty over the years??? Anyone has the right to air their concerns, and we all have the right to respond to those concerns.  Many people will be worried with what next season holds for us, but we need to wait and see what players arrive. There’s no point having a hissy fit over a single player leaving. The last time I watched a game of football there were 11 alty players on the pitch. Senior did well for us, and last season played more games as an out and out striker, (ie not always on the left). Moreover, we still have two perfectly good forwards on the books. GH has made it perfectly clear our ambition still remains to ensure survival in BSP. It may not be pretty, but after what we saw last season, we should have confidence, and pull together to give the squad a chance to prove themselves.

Cmon the red’s.

Not on I'm afraid  and you can call me as much as you like for expressing that view

Called!!.

jimmyhank

« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2010, 01:22:37 AM »

Im moving down sauf in the summer, so wont be around for many matches next season. However, ive still managed to renew my season ticket, as I enjoyed last season, and want to support the management and players. I also have a large economic deficit (and in talks with IMF for a bailout), so carnt give on a regulary basis.

Well, here we go with your righteousness again…..

What exactly is the party line? That someone shouldn’t make a decision before knowing all the facts? Ie what players are going to come in?? What do our supporters want?  to win more in BSN, or compete in BSP?? We have a smallish fan base, and limited income. We are not going to break our budget, and spend millions on rubbish (aka Wrexham). Were Altrincham, small, friendly, and part –time.

Hell yeah, people have other commitments. I don’t think anyone has criticised any decision concerning what a person can / carnt do with their own, hard earned cash. I think the debate is about looking to the future, and what we can expect from our lads next season. Let’s not forget we have managed to bring in guys like smith, senior, young, clee, Williams, Kearney, crowell etc WITHOUT PAYING A SINGLE PENNY ON TRANSFERS. It is only time, that once they have proven themselves and gained confidence , some will move on. That is life within football. We need to have confidence in the management to bring in quality players, which will keep us in BSP. 

What is it with what someone has or hasn’t done for alty over the years??? Anyone has the right to air their concerns, and we all have the right to respond to those concerns.  Many people will be worried with what next season holds for us, but we need to wait and see what players arrive. There’s no point having a hissy fit over a single player leaving. The last time I watched a game of football there were 11 alty players on the pitch. Senior did well for us, and last season played more games as an out and out striker, (ie not always on the left). Moreover, we still have two perfectly good forwards on the books. GH has made it perfectly clear our ambition still remains to ensure survival in BSP. It may not be pretty, but after what we saw last season, we should have confidence, and pull together to give the squad a chance to prove themselves.

Cmon the red’s.

Called!!.

Quality post, casper. I am in complete agreement with you.

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2010, 08:47:02 AM »

All of the above notwithstanding, I thought I read that this thing about Young leaving/talking to York was a rumour? Perhaps I'm missing something.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 YOUNG TALKING